Instead of editing the older post on the 1st page, here is the revised list. Entries with a * preceding the number, are simple menu text changes.I only included the first 22 items;
1. Display the actual channel numbers on the display and in the favorites list as it is elsewhere! No need for the letter “C” preceding the number. This is very confusing and not user friendly,
2. Add ability to initiate a record entry directly in the Guide instead of entering it in separately. This defeats the purpose of the Guide. This is a huge disadvantage,
3. When you switch back and forth between channels in the guide, the listings appear for the previous channel. If you enter the guide from a channel, the full listings appear. Switch to another station, the same problem, listing from that previous channel show, or limited entries for the new station will show.,
4. Add a manual method to enter the correct time. Relying on stations time isn't always accurate. There is also a problem using the GMT offset which can be off by one hour.
5. Add a resume function for playback to remember where you left off if you have to stop playback,
6. Switch to 12 hour clock format. Or provide a choice of both,
7. Only 11 program listings per station show, no matter how many the station is actually providing. Is this a hardware issue?
8. On CATV systems., all the channels are labeled "0-0". Also, 1/3 of the encrypted channels are not 'skipped',
9. Recordings that span midnight will not allow any additional scheduled events to be added. Also, the recording will not stop when it should,
10. Display is too bright. You could never use this in a bedroom or any dark room. Fast fix, add a sheet of gray film or some color to reduce brightness and/or change the color to something other than red,
11. Add a record indicator on the display. You can't tell if it is recording or not if the TV is not on.
12. Add the ability to enter a 'dash' for sub channels,
13. The info banner stays on screen to long. It's also too large. Reduce 10 sec. down to 4 sec or add adjustable timeout options.
14. When scrolling through the recorded programs, eliminate the need to press “Ok” each time to activate playback in the preview window. Use 'Play' or "Ok" to play the recording in full screen,
*15. Rename "Program" to "Channel" in the menu. You are editing channels, not programs,
*16. Rename “Hold” to “Schedule” and “Recall” to "Return” on the remote.
17. There is no 'space' entry when editing the program names to separate words,
18. Remove “Radio” channels. This doesn't always see audio channels as “Radio”, placing many under the normal video. This just makes things more complicated and confusing,
19. Add a conformation step when using the 'Auto search' since it's easy to hit it by mistake and wipe out all your channels when you wanted to do a manual search,
20. Add a confirmation when using 'Manual search' to save new channels. Return back to the manual search screen after entry is saved instead of exiting. It's a real annoyance to re-enter the screen again to add additional channels.
21. Remove those four choices for sorting the channels. They do not have any affect on channel order. Also, their labels are mostly unknown here. The ability to move individual channels is already there,
*22. Rename “Book” in the manual record screen to 'Schedule' and remove the “Book Info” since both do the same thing.
23. Volume & mute have no effect on the HDMI output when in Raw mode (for 5.1 audio),
24. The GoTo button duplicates what is already in the menu that needs a password. Remove the need for a password and use the button for something else..
25. When in the menu, do not use the term “boot” on the display.
26. Change the default HDMI audio to “Raw HDMI On”,
*27. Rename “Movie” in USB mode to “Recordings”. These aren't always movies that are recorded.
28. There is no slow motion function,
*29. Change time zone names of cities to 'standard time” designations: EST, CST etc.
30. Remove the “TV Format” entry in the menu since there is no “PAL” format in N. America
31. During recording, when you click on 'Info', there are two entries that should be removed; “Max record size” which seems to be a duplicate of “Disk free space” and “Cur play size” which always shoes “0KB”,
32. Is that above pop up suppose to display during playback? If so, it doesn't.
33. Where are these “colored keys” that are mentioned on page 14 on the remote?
34. What is this “service mode” that is mentioned in the manual?
35. There is no mention of the term “ATSC” in any of your literature or in the on line manual. References to “DVB-T” should be removed,
36. Revise the features on page 3; change DVB-T FTA to ATSC OTA, remove that incorrect “400 channel capacity”, change 570i & p to 480i & p.
37. Revise the specs on page 18; change frequency range to 57-803 MHz, bandwidth to 6 MHz, add "ATSC" to demodulation and remove “DVB-T”.
38. Remove all of those distracting, unnecessary digital wipe patterns. Add a simple 'dissolve' in their place,
39. Unable to return to Photo configure from Multimedia to change settings,
40. Use the lower two of the forward and back buttons to advance or go back in photo mode.
revised order, clarified #15
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.