Originally Posted by jjeff
I know it can be done but I'm not positive right now. I think the key to being able to back up again once you've caught up to live is to NOT push PAUSE again. I believe doing so will reset the buffer, I think to get back to the buffer you should instead just search backwards. AFA you second part, doesn't the INFO button bring the bar back?
My iView isn't currently available, otherwise I'd test it for you. It should be available by next week for testing things.
Yeah, the info button doesn't bring the blue/red bar back. It just brings back the normal info screen. Also, I've played around with the timeshift mode, and think I've figured out it's use. It's a little weird - and describing the use cases is not going to be very straight forward. First of all, hitting pause once enters timeshift mode.
- Pressing pause again resumes play (time shifted) with the blue/red bar.
- With the blue/red bar up, pressing stop once will move you forward to live mode, BUT will stay in timeshift mode and keep recording.
- Pressing stop a second time will exit timeshift mode.
- Info removes the blue/red bar
- Pressing stop once AFTER removing the blue/red bar will immediately exit timeshift mode
- As long as you are watching delayed, you can rewind and fast foward.
- If you are watching live, but still in timeshift mode, in order to get access to the timeshift buffer that is recording, you need to hit pause for a couple of seconds so you are watching a delayed signal, then you can rewind the full buffer.
It seems to me that if you want to use the pause, rewind and fast foward features like a normal DVR, you should press pause, wait 5 seconds, then press pause again and press info to remove the blue/red bar. After that you can hit pause or rewind as you see fit. Just don't hit stop or forward all the way to live.
Hope this helps someone...