Here is the 2nd revised 'fixes' list. Scrutinize this and add your comments. (I didn't include a re-written manual since I know that is in the works);
1. Display the actual channel numbers on the display and all of the on screen menus. No four digit numbers unless all four digits are required (example: 23.12) This is very confusing and not user friendly to see C0012 shown when it actually is channel 47.1 (for example),
2. Add ability to initiate a record entry directly in the Guide instead of redirected to the manual scheduling screen. This defeats the purpose of the Guide. This is a huge disadvantage,
3a. Remove "Channel Type", "Channel No." and "Mode" from the manual schedule screen.
3b. Rename "Channel Name" to "Station",
3c. Add "Daily" (M-F) to the choices for recording,
4a Many times, only a few listings appear for each station when you scroll through the guide.
4b. When you switch back and forth between channels in the guide, the listings till appear for the previous channel. If you enter the guide from a channel, the full listings appear. Switch to another station, the same problem, listing from that previous channel show, or limited entries for the new station will show,
4c. A maximum of 11 program listings per station show, no matter how many the station is actually providing,
5. Add a manual method to enter the correct time. Relying on stations time isn't always accurate. There is also a problem using the GMT offset which can be off by one hour.
6. Switch to 12 hour clock format. Or provide a choice of both,[/B]
7. Daily scheduled recordings record only for the 1st episode. Weekly recordings for 12 days
8. On CATV systems, all the channels are labeled "0-0". 1/3 of the encrypted channels are not 'skipped', and on some systems, few if any 'in the clear' channels show,
9. Recordings that span midnight will not allow any additional scheduled events to be added. Also, the recording will not stop when it should,
10. Display is too bright. It would be hard to use this in a bedroom or any dark room. Fast fix, add a sheet of gray or colored film to reduce brightness and/or change the color to something other than red,
11. Add a record indicator on the display. You can't tell if it is recording or not if the TV is not on.
12. Add the ability to enter a 'dash' for sub channels,
13. The info banner stays on screen to long. It's also too large. Reduce 10 sec. down to 4 sec or add adjustable timeout options.
14. The selection and playback process is confusing. Normally, using the navigation keys, then pressing either play or select starts playback in full screen,
15. Editing program names and station call letters,remove those four non characters on the keyboard which are useless. Replace with a 'space', 'dot' & 'dash',
16. Remove all references to “Radio” This isn't a FTA receiver. That only makes things more complicated,
17. Rename "Program" to "Channel" in all of the menu screens. These are channels, not programs,
18. Add a conformation step when using the 'Auto search' since it's easy to hit it by mistake and wipe out all your channels when you wanted to do a manual search,
19. Add a confirmation when using 'Manual search' to save new channels. Return back to the manual search screen after entry is saved instead of exiting. It's a real annoyance to re-enter the screen again to add additional channels.
20. Remove those four choices for sorting the channels. They do not have any affect on channel order. Also, those labels are not typically used. The ability to move individual channels is already there,
21. Rename “Book” in the manual record screen to 'Schedule' and remove the “Book Info” since both do the same thing.
22. Volume & mute have no effect on the HDMI output when in Raw mode (for 5.1 audio),
23. Remove the need for a password in the menu. It's not necessary.
24. When in the menu, do not use the term “boot” on the display.
25. Change the default HDMI audio to “Raw HDMI On”,
26. Rename “Movie” in USB mode to “Recordings”. These aren't always movies that are recorded.
27. There is no slow motion function,
28. Change time zone names of cities to 'standard time” designations: EST, CST etc.
29. Remove the “TV Format” entry in the menu since there is no “PAL” format in N. America
30. During recording, when you click on 'Info', there are two entries that should be removed; “Max record size” which seems to be a duplicate of “Disk free space” and “Cur play size” which always shows “0KB”,
31. Is that above pop up suppose to display during playback? If so, it doesn't.
32. There is no mention of the term “ATSC” in any of your literature or in the on line manual. References to “DVB-T” should be removed,
33. Revise the features on page 3; change DVB-T FTA to ATSC OTA, remove that incorrect “400 channel capacity”, change 570i & p to 480i & p.
34. Revise the specs on page 18; change frequency range to 57-803 MHz, bandwidth to 6 MHz, add "ATSC" to demodulation and remove “DVB-T”.
35. Remove all of those distracting, unnecessary digital wipe patterns in the photo viewer. Add a simple 'dissolve' in their place,
36. Unable to return to Photo configure from Multimedia to change settings,
37. Use the lower two of the forward and back buttons to advance or go back in photo mode.
1. The remote is way too small. Buttons are too close together. Text is hard to read,
2. Move the number pad to the bottom and the keypad layout to the conventional telephone layout,
3. Rename “Hold” to “Schedule” and “Recall” to "Return”,
4. Add dedicated channel up/dn buttons and leave the up/dn navigation keys for a single purpose,
5. Remove the duplicated volume up/dn from the left/right navigation buttons,
6. Add a separate button for timeshifting. Leave pause by itself.
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.