I would be glad to test out any firmware updates on mine. My own experience is thus:
I tried to initially scan for QAM on Comcast with v9 firmware that came with the 3500stbii unit received last week from Newegg. It did not find anything. I then tried the other firmwares available from iview and this forum. v7 QAM seemed to have the most success, similar to Homeworx v13 QAM which I also tried. All of the others failed. I've found that even OTA auto scan success is spotty
One way I have verified whether the Cable is searching correctly is when I go into manual mode to see if I have a signal at a known channel. Even when successful with auto scan, the channels are quite a bit fewer than what my TV can find. I've had to resort to OTA for now, but it is not my why I purchased the unit.
Regarding Logitech, it is fairly simple to learn the remote commands. The remote itself is fine, but some of the commands don't really make sense for what is performed on the machine.
Partly due to the unreliability of the firmware and user experience not being able to be replicated, I would guess that the scan was not possibly successful due to either not being in the proper mode or not switching back to antenna and back previously or some other quirk, and even not having unplugged the unit. Regardless, it would be good to be able to test out other firmware, then put this back on later, similar to what I was doing. I mean, since I had to fall back to OTA and I hadn't really tested for OTA utility, perhaps OTA with v9 would somehow have been improved, so it would at least let me test that theory out.
I will have to test out the Homeworx one to find out and let you know. I'm not really happy with the reception I get with iview v7 firmware.
Okay, so one thing I neglected to mention is that when I initially tried all the other firmware, I immediately went to scan cable after the firmware was installed. I was unsuccessful on all available firmwares to be able to scan for QAM. I had read in a previous post that switching from cable back to antenna, scanning, and switching back was required. It also states in the 5th post of this forum that you may not necessarily need a factory reset. I also read about plugging and unplugging. Well, I tried all that, and it was not successful, on v7 and some of the others. I even tried manual, but was unable to get any channels going through all the frequencies and waited a long time for each, but couldn't be certain I was doing it right. The only thing that let me scan successfully was putting on the Homeworx v13 QAM firmware, then I got the physical channels that I needed to do a manual scan. I then was going to try to do that manually, and hoped that I would get more channels going back to v7 or some other iview firmware. When I went back to v7, without doing a factory reset, my channels were still there. I performed an autoscan to see if I could get any more, and the results were the same. I performed autoscan on the other firmwares and did a factory reset, and the results were empty. One thing I figured out was that if the manual scan was unsuccessful, the autoscan would not come up with any stations.
So, maybe the Homeworx fixed something, or maybe I screwed up something in my firmware process, but it seemed to help resolve my problem with no scans. That could be another step in the process to check out. In loading the Homeworx, oddly, it would not load from one USB that I was loading everything else on, it just rebooted immediately. I did another one with it separately, and the load screen came up.
Oddly, after I had resigned myself that I could not get many channels from QAM, I scanned for OTA on an older firmware, and got no results. I then went to v7 and scanned and got results.