Ok, here is the 3rd draft of the (may I say) Laundry list. (I told you I had a list
2. This needs to display the actual channel numbers on the display and in the favorites list
as it is elsewhere! This is very confusing and not user friendly!
3. The display is too bright
. You could never use this in a bedroom or any dark room. Fast fix, add a sheet of gray film or some color to reduce brightness and/or change the color to something other than red,
4. There needs to be a manual method to enter the correct time.
Relying on stations time isn't always accurate. There is also a problem using the GMT offset which can be off by one hour.
5. The guide has a serious problem receiving PSIP data.
When you switch back and forth between channels, the listings appear for the previous channel. If you enter the guide from a channel, the full listings appear. Switch to another station, the same problem, listing from that previous channel show, or limited entries for the new station will show.,
6. No ability to initiate a record entry directly in the Guide
instead of entering it in separately. This defeats the purpose of the Guide. This is a huge disadvantage.
7. There is a limit of 11 program listings no matter how many the station is actually providing
. Is this a hardware issue?
8. Switch to 12 hour clock format.
Or provide a choice of both,
9. Rename “Hold” to “Schedule” and “Recall” to "Return” on the remote.
10. Rename "Program" to "Channel" in the menu.
You are editing channels, not programs,
11. When scrolling through the recorded programs, eliminate the need to press “Ok” each time to activate playback of the next entry. Use 'Play' to play the recording in full screen,
12. Apparent serious issue with some CATV systems. All the channels are labeled "0-0".
Also, 1/3 of the encrypted channels are not 'skipped',
13. Add a 'skip' function with adjustable times.
Using FF & Rew to juimp past commercials is a linger process,
14. The info banner stays on screen to long.
It's also too large. Reduce 10 sec. down to 4 sec or add adjustable timeout options.
15. There is no record indicator on the display.
You can't tell if it is recording or not if the TV is not on.
16. Unable to schedule a program that spans midnight.
Workaround is two recordings, one stopping at 2359, the next starting at 0001,
17. In schedule, remove the "Type" entry and combine channel number and call letters to one line,
18. When using the 'Manual search', confirmation to save when new channels are found and it returning back to the manual search screen after any entry is saved instead of closing out. It's a real annoyance to re-enter the screen again to add additional channels.
19. A conformation step is needed when using the 'Auto search' since it's easy to hit it by mistake and wipe out all your channels when you wanted to do a manual search,
20. The GoTo button duplicates what is already in the menu that needs a password. Remove the need for a password and use the button for something else.
21. Change the word “Book” in the manual record screen to Schedule and remove the “Book Info” since both do the same thing,
22. Remove the "View - Record" entry at the bottom of the manual record screen, or at least change the default to 'Record”. One less thing to click through,
23. Change the default HDMI audio to “Raw HDMI On”,
24. When in the menu, do not show the term “boot” on the display.
25. The RF loop through output is dead if the DVR is in standby,
26. These four choices for sorting the channels do not have any affect on channel order. Also, their labels are mostly unknown here. Since the ability to move individual channels is already there (a huge plus), remove this function,
27. Change “Movie” in USB mode to “Recordings”. These aren't always movies that are recorded.
28. Volume & mute have no effect on the HDMI output when in Raw mode (for 5.1 audio),
29. There is no slow motion function,
30. Remove “Radio” channels. This doesn't always see audio channels as “Radio”, placing many under the normal video. This just makes things more complicated and confusing,
31. Change time zone names of cities to 'standard time” designations: EST, CST etc.
32. There is no 'space' entry when editing the program names to separate words,
33. Remove the “TV Format” entry in the menu since there is no “PAL” format in N. America
34. These “colored keys” that are mentioned on page 14, where are they on the remote?
35. What is this “service mode” that is mentioned in the manual?
36. There is no mention of the term “ATSC” in any of your literature or in the on line manual. References to “DVB-T” should be removed,
37. Revise the features on page 3; change DVB-T FTA to ATSC OTA, remove that incorrect “400 channel capacity”, change 570i & p to 480i & p.
38. Revise the specs on page 18; change frequency range to 57-803 MHz, bandwidth to 6 MHz, add "ATSC" to demodulation and remove “DVB-T”.
39. During recording, when you click on 'Info', there are two entries that should be removed; “Max record size” which seems to be a duplicate of “Disk free space” and “Cur play size” which always shoes “0KB”,
40. Is that above pop up suppose to display during playback? If so, it doesn't.
removed the first item which was hardware related