Transferring scheduled recordings from one DVR to another... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-14-2013, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a MOTOROLA DCH3416R cable box (with comcast in Denver, CO). I've been forced to replace my box with a new one. Exact same make and models. I want to transfer the 60+ shows that were setup to automatically record from my old box to my new box. Is there a way to get this info off one box to copy to the new DVR? I don't need to transfer the previously recorded video, I just don't want to have to try and setup the shows to record again.

Thank you in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2013, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bconrad View Post

I've got a MOTOROLA DCH3416R cable box (with comcast in Denver, CO). I've been forced to replace my box with a new one. Exact same make and models. I want to transfer the 60+ shows that were setup to automatically record from my old box to my new box. Is there a way to get this info off one box to copy to the new DVR? I don't need to transfer the previously recorded video, I just don't want to have to try and setup the shows to record again.

No. Sorry, but the "series recordings" \ "auto recordings" (through the search feature) are stored on the hard drive \ flash memory on the unit. There is no way to transfer them to another box. You will need to recreate them on the replacement unit.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
You might want to go through the show list and photograph the screen so you have a list of all the shows to set up in the new unit.

Mike T
post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to JDLIVE
Seems like something Comcast should offer via the web DVR management interface, probably too forward thinking for them.... biggrin.gif
post #5 of 6 Old 04-21-2013, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNO821 View Post

No. Sorry, but the "series recordings" \ "auto recordings" (through the search feature) are stored on the hard drive \ flash memory on the unit. There is no way to transfer them to another box. You will need to recreate them on the replacement unit.

Since it's stored on the hard drive \ flash memory, is there a way to access that and copy it to the other box? Heck, I'd even just like to view the list of "auto recordings". The box isn't functioning correctly anymore and so I can't even view the list, but I'd love it if there's a hack to access that information with a computer or laptop directly.

Any ideas are welcome!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bconrad View Post

Heck, I'd even just like to view the list of "auto recordings".
You might be able to view those at comcast.com/mydvr, but if the box is not functioning, that might not be possible either.  Also, only events scheduled by title or by series would show there; those that you entered by date/time/channel are not listed there.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page