Cisco Explorer 8652HDC menu infinite scrolling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Cisco Explorer 8652HDC HD-DVR connect through my Onkyo SR602 receiver to my Sony Bravia TV using HDMI cables. I have a local cable service that my town provides. For some reason in the evenings the DVR is almost completely unresponsive. It takes multiple presses of the remote buttons (or buttons on the DVR itself) to access the cable guide, recorded shows, etc. Once in those interfaces, trying to scroll up or down results in the continuous scrolling which cannot be stopped for several seconds. Oddly, this issue never occurs during the day. Any thoughts on the cause? Is it related to passing the signal through my receiver?? I do not have this problem with my standard HD box. I have also had the DVR replaced once because of the same problem.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlatire View Post

I have a Cisco Explorer 8652HDC HD-DVR connect through my Onkyo SR602 receiver to my Sony Bravia TV using HDMI cables. I have a local cable service that my town provides. For some reason in the evenings the DVR is almost completely unresponsive. It takes multiple presses of the remote buttons (or buttons on the DVR itself) to access the cable guide, recorded shows, etc. Once in those interfaces, trying to scroll up or down results in the continuous scrolling which cannot be stopped for several seconds. Oddly, this issue never occurs during the day. Any thoughts on the cause? Is it related to passing the signal through my receiver?? I do not have this problem with my standard HD box. I have also had the DVR replaced once because of the same problem.

Thanks.

Heavily block the area of the remote sensor (thick, black paper) and see if anything changes.

On a unrelated note, what system is using the digital/analog tuning 8652 instead of the digital only 8642?
post #3 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks domino92024.

Turns out I was slightly wrong. The buttons on actual DVR work fine. It seems that the IR port is the problem. I have the same intermittent issue with scrolling with both the remote that came with the box and my harmony remote.

Any suggestions on a fix?

My town in central ma has its own cable/Internet/electric utilities and this is the box they provide. The HD-TV box is the 4642hdc.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlatire View Post

Thanks domino92024.

Turns out I was slightly wrong. The buttons on actual DVR work fine. It seems that the IR port is the problem. I have the same intermittent issue with scrolling with both the remote that came with the box and my harmony remote.

Any suggestions on a fix?

My town in central ma has its own cable/Internet/electric utilities and this is the box they provide. The HD-TV box is the 4642hdc.

Last things first. I'm really confused why they opt for digital/analog tuners on their DVR (8652 is digital/analog) instead of the digital only 8642, but get by with the digital only STB (4642) instead of the digital/analog 4652.

Anyway, the 86xxHDC is a 57MHz IR system, and seems to be more sensitive to stray light than are the older 38MHz IR systems. You might consider investing in a dual frequency remote extender. For the time being, I read that some people have had luck putting a strip of tape over the remote sensor location of the front panel. That seems to block the stray light problems. Also, make sure you're using the URC-8820 remote. It seems to work better on these 57MHz systems. Good luck.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-09-2014, 06:35 AM

I have the same devices and had the same problem 

they had me disable some of the IR remote information on TV.

actually fixed the problem.

post #6 of 6 Old 02-15-2014, 10:14 PM

What functions did you disable?
Darren
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page