Keeping local programs on DirecTV DVR after moving to another market - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't know if this has been covered before, but I have a question about whether or not it is possible to keep programs recorded on channels you no longer can access...i.e... let's say I record a favorite episode of the Big Bang Theory on my local CBS affiliate, as well as a local newscast. I move, keeping my current DVR and re-establish service in my new city, which has different affiliates. Does the DVR keep access to this recorded program(s), even though it was recorded in another city and I can no longer access the affiliate since I now have a new set of affiliates in my new city?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yes, it's recorded on your DVR's disk drive and you will still be able to play it after you move.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Like Texasbrit said, the existing recordings should play just fine as long as you hook your DVR up to a satellite at your new home, and turn your DirecTV service back on (if it was temporarily turned off).

However, I believe you have to set up all of your series links for the new networks. For example if you have a series link for The Big Bang Theory on your old CBS affiliate, you will need to delete that series link and set up a new one for your new CBS affiliate. I'm fairly certain the DVR doesn't automatically do that for you. This should only effect series links for your local affiliates though, any series links for national cable channels like USA, FX, TBS, etc should continue to work just fine.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page