external hard drive for Genie - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2013, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I read that the Ten Box external hard drives I have ben using for lesser DTV recorders will not work with Genie. I also read that the new unit will handle huge drives. Does anyone know what external drives are compatible?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-27-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Assuming this "Genie" is what DirectTV now has (since you didn't state what this was), there is a DirectTV thread that has posts on that model;
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1246133/directv-hd-dvr-hr2-hr34-master-topic-one-thread-for-all

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
videobruce,

Thanks for the response. I guess I am just displaying my ignorance but I thought that my use of the term "DTV" describing my other recorders and the term "Genie" made Directv evident. Perhaps the "d" might have stood for "digital" rather than "direct" and maybe there are a few recorders called "Genie." My bad.

I am always entertained by a reference to a thread to answer a question as if one has been somehow less than diligent in asking the question rather than researching. I guess it keeps the forum cleaner to segregate questions but asking a questionon page 65 of an old thread certainly doesn't speed finding somebody who has the answer. Anyway thanks for the help.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page