dish vip722k question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay, my father in law is having a problem getting his second TV working. Here's the problem,his second TV is is a Panasonic pt-l3000u projector which doesn't have a cable connector on the back. Normal signal is passed through an onkyo receiver in which he uses either s-video or composite out to the projector.

I tried an ref modulator but couldnt get signal to the projector. Any ideas on what I need to do to get this working. The dish guy was pretty clueless about what I need.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by tank3467 View Post

Okay, my father in law is having a problem getting his second TV working. Here's the problem,his second TV is is a Panasonic pt-l3000u projector which doesn't have a cable connector on the back. Normal signal is passed through an onkyo receiver in which he uses either s-video or composite out to the projector.

I tried an ref modulator but couldnt get signal to the projector. Any ideas on what I need to do to get this working. The dish guy was pretty clueless about what I need.
Thanks

OK, first I had some difficulty figuring out the actual projector ID. It is actually PT-L300U.......

Is his 2nd TV close to the first? Do they actually need two different channels at the same time? What is the Onkyo model number?

Bobby 

post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-2013, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Your right the projector is the 300 not 3000. The onkyo receiver is a TX-SR600. Tv1 is upstairs and the projector is down in the basement so they want to be able to watch it on the projector.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Is there a coax from the 722 to the basement Onkyo? It is important to note that using TV2 out of the 722 is not going to give you HD in the basement....

Bobby 

post #5 of 5 Old 05-28-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 352
When you use RF over coax, the receiving device must have an analog tv tuner to pick it up. Your projector doesn't have an analog tv tuner. Plus as the previous poster said, even if it worked, it wouldn't be HD and will look absolutely terrible.

If you really want to go through with this plan, just pick up an old VCR, connect the coax into it, tune it to the channel that has the signal from the 722 (probably 60 something), then connect composite out from that into your projector.

Since that's a nice HD projector, I highly recommend you try to send it an HD signal. There are a couple of ways to do this. That white connector with all the holes is DVI. You can get a cable that's HDMI on one end and DVI on the other. That will get HD video to it, as will the component video output. Use the red/white audio outputs for sound. If you can't run any cables, a wireless HDMI system like the Actiontec MyWirelessTV is a good option. I have one that works very well about 30 ft through a couple of walls and a floor.
TheKrell likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page