What happened to My Recording Setback? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
SA-8300HDC

Until recently, after fast forwarding through recorded material and pressing "Play", the recording would start a couple of seconds prior to where the "play" button was pushed so that you wouldn't overshoot what you wanted to see. I know there is (was) a way to set this, because I've done it, but i can't figure it out now.??? Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 PM

Liked: 11
Yakatak,

i'm in the same boat, this functionality ceased a couple of weeks ago, i'm assuming due to a firmware update on the DVR. i'm in the mid ohio region. called support, they reset the box and the issue still persists. they scheduled a technician to some out to look at it... not sure how that is going to help, but maybe that person will be more knowledgeable with settings or if it has been removed.

i agree, i swear i saw this specific setting within the past couple of month. i've been up and down the settings and it appears this and other setting options have been removed, stripping it down to very basic items only. very frustrating to deal with.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I noticed this also. It probably has something to do with the big settlement all these box makers had with Tivo a month or so back
Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 AM

Liked: 11
tech came, couldn't find the setting either, called in and they confirmed that feature/setting was removed. VERY DISAPPOINTING. i also don't understand why the CS representative and on site tech had no idea about this key user experience feature being yanked out. if you aren't going to tell your customers, at least inform your support tier.

as billatlakegeorge pointed out, it may be due to litigation/patents. it looks as though things have been settled (http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/tivo-motorola-google-settle-dvr-patent-lawsuit/), although who knows if/when this feature will be making its way back.

there is a very lengthy thread about this subject here: http://forums.timewarnercable.com/t5/Equipment/DVR-Fast-forward-Removal-of-enhancement/td-p/224/page/13