Can not get local channels - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-27-2013, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently moved from L.A. to Detroit. While getting settled in Detroit, I left my direct TV account on L.A. and everything continued to work fine. The other day I switched the account to Detroit and now I get all of my subscribed channels EXCEPT the local ones. I have tried resetting, selecting different dish set-ups, checked all connections, everything I can think of. I always get the 771 code "cannot connect to satellite".
By the way, I have an HR22-100 receiver and a Slimline Multi-Satellite dish with built-in multi-switch. My dish manual says to install it as a 5LNB Multi-Sat. That is not one of my choices during set-up so I have been using "Slimline 5" and as I said it worked fine for years but now there are no local channels.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, 1926
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1926 View Post

I recently moved from L.A. to Detroit. While getting settled in Detroit, I left my direct TV account on L.A. and everything continued to work fine. The other day I switched the account to Detroit and now I get all of my subscribed channels EXCEPT the local ones. I have tried resetting, selecting different dish set-ups, checked all connections, everything I can think of. I always get the 771 code "cannot connect to satellite".
By the way, I have an HR22-100 receiver and a Slimline Multi-Satellite dish with built-in multi-switch. My dish manual says to install it as a 5LNB Multi-Sat. That is not one of my choices during set-up so I have been using "Slimline 5" and as I said it worked fine for years but now there are no local channels.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, 1926

I think you are on the wrong forum for sattilet problems. If you go over to http://www.dbstalk.com you will get answers to your problems. Are you trying for local as in L.A. or Detroit? If it's L.A. that won't happen. Did DirecTV do your installation or you?
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page