134Likes

post #3331 of 4852 Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post

Would you mind repeating your full account of the issues here?

I've learned some more about recording with the DVR+ over the weekend, but here’s what I’m still waiting to hear back from Channel Master about:

1.      Why does Record by Name work on some channels, but not others when the next episode information is showing in the guide? When I first called Channel Master about this I was told that I was the first person to ever have this problem, but I know of another person who has describe this same problem in a forum post on another website. What I’ve learned it that it seems to work with channels that are getting two weeks of information from Rovi, but not with channels that are getting only 12 hours of information at a time from PSIP.

2.      When I use a Manual Recording to get around the not recording by name problem, why are the Default Early and Late Recording times not applied to those recordings? Also why when I locate the episode I want to manually record, does the DVR+ not apply the name of that episode to the Manual Recording name? Manual Recordings always default to the name “Manual Recording” which you then have to delete one character at a time and replace manually with the name of the episode.

3.      The only practical way I've found to cause a Manual Recording to start early is to adjust the recording Start Time, but why is “5 Minutes” the minimum change allowed? Why is “1 Minute” not an option. I now know that “10 Seconds” or “30 Seconds” are not options because the DVR+ internal clock can’t deal with time increments less than one minute.

pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 4852 Old 04-28-2014, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

I have to say thank you to MOST of the people on this forum.  When I've had problems/questions and posed them, I received responses with suggested fixes to my problems in a very timely and friendly manner.  I have also continued to follow the forum to keep apprised of the issues and fixes, in case I experience them with my DVR+.  I fully agree with the others on the forum that have asked slprp1 to please sit on your hands - holy cow, I just read about 200+ posts to catch myself up, and your incessant posting of mostly defensive responses to people's attempts to help solve problems and provide updates make this forum 1) nearly intolerable to follow and 2) really difficult to glean actual useful information from it. It's really not necessary to respond to every single other post when you're not adding anything of value and just trying to perpetuate your personal opinion about the failings of the DVR+ and CM.  I think most of us are generally just trying to fix the problems with our units (yes, we all know there are problems, but we've decided to keep them and try to get them to work for our needs) or figuring out whether the benefits outweigh the problems in deciding whether to purchase/keep a DVR+.

That being said, I wonder if someone on the forum (who has more time and expertise than I) might be willing to put in the time to outline all the known issues in one post, along with all the fixes (both found to work and suggested)?  I think that would really help a newbie or anyone who is researching the unit.  For example, since I received my replacement unit (I somehow "broke" my original DVR+ by unplugging the HDD w/o shutting the whole thing down and unplugging from power), the two major problems that I'm still experiencing with my DVR+ are the following:

1) My clock is constantly slowing down - I need to switch from Auto to Manual and back again every 1-2 days to get it back up to the right time, plus I set my recordings to start a few min early and end a few min late to make up for the clock issues.  I understand from the posts on this forum that this problem is widespread and will be fixed with the impending FW update. I've chosen to deal with this issue instead of trying to revert my FW back to 101, and I eagerly (and patiently) await the 106 update. 

2) I've experienced picture and audio pixellation on random channels I am watching/recording at random times.  It seems like possibly a signal issue, but at the same time I check on another TV hooked up to the same antenna w/o a DVR, and the same channel is totally watchable w/o any issues.  So I'm sort of chalking this problem up to the "not-as-good tuners" issue mentioned on this forum (though admittedly, I'm not 100% sure what a tuner is!).  I haven't yet to try to reboot my system to try to fix this, since I'm also not 100% sure if my settings will all be lost with a reboot, and at this point the prospect of having to redo all my settings is outweighing my desire to try the reboot.  It would be great if the experts on this forum could weigh in here on this issue if possible.

Thanks again to all the helpful DVR+ owners out there.  Hopefully this forum can be steered back to the "here is my issue" "here is a suggested fix" kind of discussion I've found so very helpful on AVS.

osu1991, Foradrive and Sandman905 like this.
post #3333 of 4852 Old 04-28-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooziecue View Post

...  I haven't yet to try to reboot my system to try to fix this, since I'm also not 100% sure if my settings will all be lost with a reboot, and at this point the prospect of having to redo all my settings is outweighing my desire to try the reboot.  It would be great if the experts on this forum could weigh in here on this issue if possible...
100% your settings will be not affected (if the DVR will come back - j/k) by casual [cold] reboot
post #3334 of 4852 Old 04-28-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:

...the two major problems that I'm still experiencing with my DVR+ are the following:

1) My clock is constantly slowing down - I need to switch from Auto to Manual and back again every 1-2 days to get it back up to the right time, plus I set my recordings to start a few min early and end a few min late to make up for the clock issues.  I understand from the posts on this forum that this problem is widespread and will be fixed with the impending FW update. I've chosen to deal with this issue instead of trying to revert my FW back to 101, and I eagerly (and patiently) await the 106 update. 

2) I've experienced picture and audio pixellation on random channels I am watching/recording at random times.  It seems like possibly a signal issue, but at the same time I check on another TV hooked up to the same antenna w/o a DVR, and the same channel is totally watchable w/o any issues.  So I'm sort of chalking this problem up to the "not-as-good tuners" issue mentioned on this forum (though admittedly, I'm not 100% sure what a tuner is!).  I haven't yet to try to reboot my system to try to fix this, since I'm also not 100% sure if my settings will all be lost with a reboot, and at this point the prospect of having to redo all my settings is outweighing my desire to try the reboot.  It would be great if the experts on this forum could weigh in here on this issue if possible.

Thanks again to all the helpful DVR+ owners out there.  Hopefully this forum can be steered back to the "here is my issue" "here is a suggested fix" kind of discussion I've found so very helpful on AVS.

Unlike older DVRs that had reasonably stable and accurate internal clocks, the DVR+ seems to rely entirely on a network time source from the internet. My brief attempt to change from Automatic to Manual time setting ended when I realized my DVR+ clock had drifted by about 10 seconds in less than a day.

As for things being fixed by firmware updates, I'm not aware that Channel Master has provided any information on this. When I spoke to Channel Master tech support I few days ago, I asked what had been fixed with the 103R update (which I believe is the latest one). I didn't get much of an answer, but I my impression was that whatever had been fixed was minor.

My experience with OTA TV reception is that audio dropouts are one of the first effects noticed when the received signal is weak, followed by pixelation. And, if your signal gets weak you’re going to have recording problems. I suspect part of the problem is the tuner in the DVR+. I've had regular audio dropouts with one of my more distant channels, but when I check the Signal Strength and Quality, they are both at 100%. It would have been nice if Channel Master had included a button on the remote to quickly bring up this screen. More comprehensive information including the number of Errors received and the Signal to Noise Ratio would also have been helpful.

As far as I know the only time you will lose all your settings is if you do a Factory Reset from the Settings menu. You can also do a “soft reboot” by holding down the front panel power button for about 5 seconds, which should then bring up a bright red or blue LED indicator. If you want to reset it by unplugging the power, first make sure the front panel LED is a dim blue color.

post #3335 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

<SNIP>

<SNIP>

sooziecue,

In post #3161, on page 106, I posted some info on fixing the time.  Ever since then, the time has been stable for me.

post #3336 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 10:59 AM

Liked: 13

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions!

Arenal04 - I will try a rescan of the channels as you mentioned in post #3161 and see if that helps with my clock.  Last night I checked the clock (after not checking for about 5 days) and this time it was around 10 minutes fast!  This clock issue is really the only problem that is actually affecting my use of the unit - it's otherwise been a fabulous fill for the hole that cutting our cable (and losing the associated DVR) created in our TV-watching lives. Crossing my fingers for the *rumored* clock fix in the next FW update.

Sandman905 & PSmith - Thanks for the confirmation about rebooting and not losing my settings - I'm sure it will be helpful to others who are considering trying it.  If my pixellation gets more annoying/frequent, I'll definitely try the reboot.

post #3337 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:

Thanks again for all the helpful suggestions!

Arenal04 - I will try a rescan of the channels as you mentioned in post #3161 and see if that helps with my clock.  Last night I checked the clock (after not checking for about 5 days) and this time it was around 10 minutes fast!  This clock issue is really the only problem that is actually affecting my use of the unit - it's otherwise been a fabulous fill for the hole that cutting our cable (and losing the associated DVR) created in our TV-watching lives. Crossing my fingers for the *rumored* clock fix in the next FW update.

Sandman905 & PSmith - Thanks for the confirmation about rebooting and not losing my settings - I'm sure it will be helpful to others who are considering trying it.  If my pixellation gets more annoying/frequent, I'll definitely try the reboot.

I can’t find anything from Channel Master on the source the DVR+ uses to synchronize its time clock in Auto mode, but based on their description of how the CM-7400 works, it looks like it will use a network NTP time reference if it an internet connection is available. An internet connection should provide the best time reference (a WiFi connection may not be as reliable as a wired one though). If there is no internet connection the DVR+ would then use the time reference provided by the PSIP data in one of your received TV channels. Hopefully it will pick a channel with a strong signal and not just the first one it finds.

I doesn’t look like the Manual time setting is practical because it drifts so much. I’ve would definitely try a re-boot (hold the front panel power button down) if you’re not getting a proper Auto time sync. Don’t underestimate the importance of having consistently strong TV signals for time syncing if you’re not using an internet connection. Also, the  DVR+ won’t record a program if the channel doesn’t have a good signal.

post #3338 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman905 View Post

I can’t find anything from Channel Master on the source the DVR+ uses to synchronize its time clock in Auto mode, but based on their description of how the CM-7400 works, it looks like it will use a network NTP time reference if it an internet connection is available. An internet connection should provide the best time reference (a WiFi connection may not be as reliable as a wired one though). If there is no internet connection the DVR+ would then use the time reference provided by the PSIP data in one of your received TV channels. Hopefully it will pick a channel with a strong signal and not just the first one it finds.

I doesn’t look like the Manual time setting is practical because it drifts so much. I’ve would definitely try a re-boot (hold the front panel power button down) if you’re not getting a proper Auto time sync. Don’t underestimate the importance of having consistently strong TV signals for time syncing if you’re not using an internet connection. Also, the  DVR+ won’t record a program if the channel doesn’t have a good signal.

When I contacted CM support about this, their reply was:

"The time comes from the broadcaster and so what is happening is the time that is being broadcasted is off when it comes to the software on the DVR+. To help this you can try and change the zip code on your DVR+ settings and then rescan the channel. I would suggest using the zip code nearest the broadcast towers.

Our engineer team is working on a fix so that the time comes from the internet properly."

Agreed, the time drift is horrid.  :eek:  Which is what caused me to contact CM support.  While I applaud CM's effort to fix the problem, I'm not a fan of having to leave my wireless router on all the time, in order for the DVR+ clock to be correct.

post #3339 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman905 View Post

I can’t find anything from Channel Master on the source the DVR+ uses to synchronize its time clock in Auto mode, but based on their description of how the CM-7400 works, it looks like it will use a network NTP time reference if it an internet connection is available. ...
[I'd like to remind how important to read/search the thread - a lot of factual info posted already]

Some of our member/owner found: the K77 using NTP when it connected to Internet (you can find his post and know better, what site it connecting, how often, etc.

I would not bring internals of CM-7400; it would be totally incorrect - the model design/mfg by Entone, when TR-50 and the K77 - by e*. Absolutely different design, components, FW and methods of creating OTA DVR.
post #3340 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post

[I'd like to remind how important to read/search the thread - a lot of factual info posted already]

Some of our member/owner found: the K77 using NTP when it connected to Internet (you can find his post and know better, what site it connecting, how often, etc.

I would not bring internals of CM-7400; it would be totally incorrect - the model design/mfg by Entone, when TR-50 and the K77 - by e*. Absolutely different design, components, FW and methods of creating OTA DVR.

I did come across that post which mentioned NTP time some time ago, but it would still be useful to hear from CM as to exactly how the time clock in the DVR+ is maintained under various conditions and what takes priority. I would have thought with an active wired internet connection, I could adjust for late recordings by setting the clock one minute ahead and the DVR+ would still use NTP time from the internet as a reference, since it doesn't appear to have its own accurate internal reference (as experienced by those who have tired to set the time manually).

I was never able to get my seven year old Sony RDR-HX750 DVR to sync its clock to a Cable TV signal, but I can set the clock to within a few seconds and it will keep accurate time for up to six months, at which point I have to set it again for Daylight Savings.

post #3341 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 17
From all that I've heard on this forum: with the next version of the software a DVR+ connected to the Internet will keep time very accurately - I say this because if you use the NTP server as the first choice in any algorithm it's awfully tough to get it wrong. Considering in this day and age most of us live in a connected world and that this device needs to be connected to the Internet to enjoy its full benefits (e.g., the 2 week guide), it's not unreasonable for the manufacturer to write code assuming an NTP server is available. The wait for the release probably means the testers are putting this to its paces (which is what we want them to do before the rest of us get the software).
post #3342 of 4852 Old 04-29-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_ View Post

From all that I've heard on this forum: with the next version of the software a DVR+ connected to the Internet will keep time very accurately - I say this because if you use the NTP server as the first choice in any algorithm it's awfully tough to get it wrong. Considering in this day and age most of us live in a connected world and that this device needs to be connected to the Internet to enjoy its full benefits (e.g., the 2 week guide), it's not unreasonable for the manufacturer to write code assuming an NTP server is available. The wait for the release probably means the testers are putting this to its paces (which is what we want them to do before the rest of us get the software).

My DVR+ came with the 103R firmware version installed. I haven't confirmed whether it is syncing through PSIP or NTP but it keeps very consistent (if not accurate) time. I've checked it a number of times against a clock app on my iPad and it consistently changes to the next minute when my iPad clock shows 20 seconds after the minute. It would be informative to know exactly what CM is planning to fix. I'm wondering if the time syncing problem has to do with units which rely on PSIP.

post #3343 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 05:09 AM

Liked: 11
I received the DVR+ unit within the past week and wanted to share some of my experiences. I'm by no means an expert on OTA configurations or used any DVR competing product other than what has been previously supplied by the cable company. I live in a major city, about 10-15 miles from the broadcast towers, and am using a non-amplified antenna that is very similar to the Mohu Leaf, the unit is using hard wired ethernet, not wireless.

Video compression over cable services is noticeable to me, the sharpness and lack of pixelization of OTA broadcasts is a welcome change! This is my first venture to cutting the cord, it became very apparent from the beginning that the market of quality devices providing the ability to time shift OTA broadcasts is very anemic. The price tag of the DVR+ device is acceptable for me given the guide data being updated and not having recurring monthly fees (like tivo). Dropping cable TV services will save us ~$70/mo, the unit will pay for itself in less than 4 months. I have spare drives hanging around, I preferred that I could reuse one of these instead of paying for more hardware that I didn't need, I just needed to supply an external casing. Previous posters have indicated there may be some sort of buffering issue, I do wish the internal connections were functional so we could eliminate a lot of guessing here.

I do like the aesthetics of the interface, although workflow of the UI certainly does need some work, which many have pointed out here. I think these are things I can live with for now, but I don't understand how certain basic workflows are not standard in this day and age. Examples include: a) Recording only new broadcasts, not repeats. b) Being promoted to delete or save after viewing a recording. c) Watching a current recording and fast forwarding to the point of it being "Live" and suddenly being kicked back to the DVR menu and no longer watching the program.

I have not encountered any issues with the DVR+ keeping correct time but have experience some previously mentioned issues already. While the issues above are things I can live with in order to save $70/mo, the ones below are very hard to swallow.

1. There are times when the video will break up and drop out, I have not rewound to see if the video is fine during playback. It could be an issue with the signal dropping out, I'm not sure; however, I do feel that the DVR+ does not handle signal dropouts very well and sends the unit in a panic.
2. Last night, the channel for NBC suddenly became a station that broadcasts mexican programming. I wasn't recording anything on that station at the time, it would be very upsetting discovering this when trying to play something I had recorded.
3. I've noticed on one station the "blinking" issue that has been previously described. I haven't witnessed this on other stations, but I've only had the unit less than a week. When this occurs I can hit the 10 second back button and everything is fine. I'll go back to Live TV, it will be fine for a bit, then begin to blink at some point. This behavior has happened twice in the past week. To me, this indicates a software issue on the DVR+ unit.

Overall, I like the unit, but the issues above may be show stoppers if they continue after the forthcoming firmware update.
pachinko likes this.
post #3344 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by peart75 View Post

Overall, I like the unit, but the issues above may be show stoppers if they continue after the forthcoming firmware update.
I think everyone is waiting to see if CM delivers on their intentions. I think it is a given that not every issue will be addressed. It just remains to be seen which ones.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3345 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Firmware 106R is downloadable now.
post #3346 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arenal04 View Post

sooziecue,

In post #3161, on page 106, I posted some info on fixing the time.  Ever since then, the time has been stable for me.

Firmware 103R suddenly appeared on my DVR+ about 10-12 days ago, and The Time Problem began.

Following Arenal04's advice, I tried fiddling with the ZIP code setting, but ended up leaving it the same. I also switched back and forth between Auto time and the Manual setting, leaving the time set to Auto (as it was before) . I think I also ran a "Check disk" scan. (I wish I'd kept a better record.) I did not do a new channel scan.

When I stopped messing about, the time was correct! It has stayed that way for nearly a week. Fingers crossed.

Good luck.

--DawnSun

DawnSun
post #3347 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 12:28 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuchana View Post

Where do you find 106R?

I looked on the CM support site, and the software is still 103R. http://support.channelmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/200488325-DVR-Software-Update

Is 106R on the DVR+ box itself, downloadable via the WiFi adapter?

--DawnSun

DawnSun
post #3348 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSun View Post

Where do you find 106R?

I looked on the CM support site, and the software is still 103R. http://support.channelmaster.com/hc/en-us/articles/200488325-DVR-Software-Update

--DawnSun

I just turned my DVR+ off and then back on and it downloaded automatically...didn't do it when I tried through settings though.

post #3349 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnSun View Post

Where do you find 106R?

--DawnSun

I updated via the menu selection, using a hard-wired Ethernet connection. I was directed to the update by a Channel Master support person after my unit started malfunctioning badly. This was a replacement unit sent after my first one died after just a few days.

Details:

I was out of town 4/19-4/28, with several programs scheduled to record. I returned on 4/29. When I turned on the unit, I got a solid purple/pink screen. I turned it back off, and disconnected power. After re-connecting the power supply, it started up, but after a few key presses from the remote, it stopped responding again. I held the front button to do a "soft reboot". This seemed to bring it back up. I could do some remote operations--enough to observe that nothing was recorded after 4/22. Then it would stop responding again. Oddly, it would continue to respond to the power button on the remote, but nothing else.

I tried to do a "factory reset" but it just said "factory reset in process--please wait" while the currently tuned program continued to play in the background. Eventually, I did a soft reboot with the front button, which got me operating again until the unit stopped responding once again.

After being directed to the update by Channel Master support, I did a soft reboot which made the unit responsive long enough so that I could install the update.

Based on just a few minutes of use, it seemed to be working OK after the 106R update.

Unfortunately, recordings for the week of 4/23-4/28 did not take place.
post #3350 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:

I downloaded 106R on my DVR+ through my hard wired Ethernet connection. It failed on the first attempt, but then loaded it on the second try and completed the update without any problems.

It looks like this update might have fixed the problem I was having on one channel with Record by Name not working. I also just heard back from Steven Hatch at Channel Master, confirming that the Default Early and Late Recording Times do not apply to Manual Recordings. He said "...that is the way the DVR was set up and that is the way the software works," but that he would treat this issue as a feature request for a possible future update.

post #3351 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 04:40 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

No, it's not.

First, I tried the automatic update. The unit went into maintenance mode and couldn't find the download. It gave up after three tries.

So, I went to the website to download 106R manually. Guess what? It's not there. See screenshot below. There is no "link below" to click on to download the update.

This is entirely consistent with the Keystone Cops nature of CM support. Their support is slow and ineffective. They have not delivered on their promises and the device is barely useable given the bugs we are all experiencing.

post #3352 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
post #3353 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 05:34 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

Yes, thank you. Just added recently. It wasn't up earlier this afternoon.

post #3354 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post

Yes, thank you. Just added recently. It wasn't up earlier this afternoon.

Wisco,

Did I miss an announcement where you picked up a new DVR+? Just curious.
post #3355 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 05:45 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
For those wanting CM to detail what the firmware is addressing I just got this in an email:

Today, a new update, 106R, is available and will further enhance the overall DVR+ user experience. Enhancements include simplified network connection screen, improved Wi-Fi status calibration, enhancements to the accuracy of system time and several other minor improvements. This software update is available via direct download from the DVR+ or it can be downloaded from our website onto a flash drive to be installed on the DVR+.
post #3356 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulliganman View Post

For those wanting CM to detail what the firmware is addressing I just got this in an email:

Today, a new update, 106R, is available and will further enhance the overall DVR+ user experience. Enhancements include simplified network connection screen, improved Wi-Fi status calibration, enhancements to the accuracy of system time and several other minor improvements. This software update is available via direct download from the DVR+ or it can be downloaded from our website onto a flash drive to be installed on the DVR+.
I got it too; if they have you email then it will be in your email box
post #3357 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 06:04 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulliganman View Post

Wisco,

Did I miss an announcement where you picked up a new DVR+? Just curious.

No, but right from the start I have been archiving things from their website, and I added this to my folder right away before it disappears.

I'm still waiting until CM had gotten most of the bugs out of this and added other streaming services they promised would be forthcoming many months ago.

Until then I just want to stay up-to-date on all that is transpiring.

pachinko likes this.
post #3358 of 4852 Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post

No, it's not.

First, I tried the automatic update. The unit went into maintenance mode and couldn't find the download. It gave up after three tries.

So, I went to the website to download 106R manually. Guess what? It's not there. See screenshot below. There is no "link below" to click on to download the update.

This is entirely consistent with the Keystone Cops nature of CM support. Their support is slow and ineffective. They have not delivered on their promises and the device is barely useable given the bugs we are all experiencing.

Ditto!.....agreed!
......and yet again they're being vague (at least in a "damage control" e-mail that was sent out) as to what exactly 106R does to resolve the (numerous) issues/problems we've been experiencing on a daily basis!!
They specify that it's going to resolve "minor issues".....the problems that it should have addressed are very far from being "minor", so therefore, I'm not at all impressed (at least in the vague description that they provided)!!
Although, in the process of doing "damage control" I'm hopeful (or perhaps dreaming) that they just might classify truly major issues as "minor".....so as to not panic anyone!
.....I sincerely hope that I'm wrong but this may very well be another "pacifier" (fingers and toes crossed)!!
post #3359 of 4852 Old 05-01-2014, 01:16 AM

Liked: 57
First off, why is there complaining and grumbling about 106R (0.5) already, before anyone has even has enough time to see what it did or did not fix? Can we save all of that until after the update actually has a chance to be "tested/used"?

I will say that so far the DVR+ is more responsive (instant response from the remote).

@Yobyot Yes the download is available, I just finished it. We are not ALL experiencing the "bugs" and my unit is very usable.

Does anyone know the file size of the FW update? If it is anything in relation to how long it took to download, it should be quite large.
Kelson and mulliganman like this.

Josh
post #3360 of 4852 Old 05-01-2014, 02:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theducksfan2010 View Post

...Does anyone know the file size of the FW update? If it is anything in relation to how long it took to download, it should be quite large.

Firmware 106R is 36.5 MB which should (if there are no other bottlenecks in your connection) take 4 minutes to download on a 1.5 Mbps DSL connection or less than 1 minute if your download connection speed is 6 Mbps or greater.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page