Forum Jump: 
 50Likes

post #4261 of 4273 Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Page up/down doesn't wrap

I have a new CM DVR+. To be consistent it would be nice if when navigating the Guide, the page up/down buttons wrapped to the top/bottom like the line up/down buttons do. Or maybe someone has found a solution that I'm not aware of ?

Last edited by noHatNoCattle; 07-20-2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Clarify
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4273 Old 07-20-2014, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks. I got a great deal on the Premiere so decided to try it. If it doesn't work I can Ebay it for more then I paid. The Roamio was too pricey and I was concern about the age of the series 3. My research confirms what you said. It will be a gamble.

I really want to try the CM but since this was a lower cost solution with low risk I decided to try it.
post #4263 of 4273 Old 07-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Lost It's Tiny Little Mind

Went to set up a recurring recording, this evening, and found the only commands the DVR+ would heed were channel up/down and power on/off. Furthermore, when changing channels the PSIP information didn't show. Unplugged for 20 seconds and it was okay again.

Hoping this is not a recurring problem. This is the kind of software glitch that used to drive us nuts with the Panasonic DVD recorders.

Jim
post #4264 of 4273 Old 07-22-2014, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post
Went to set up a recurring recording, this evening, and found the only commands the DVR+ would heed were channel up/down and power on/off. Furthermore, when changing channels the PSIP information didn't show. Unplugged for 20 seconds and it was okay again.

Hoping this is not a recurring problem. This is the kind of software glitch that used to drive us nuts with the Panasonic DVD recorders.

Jim
What firmware level?

Chuck
post #4265 of 4273 Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Tribolet View Post
What firmware level?

Chuck
108R (0.5)

Jim
post #4266 of 4273 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
video freezes, power button does not respond

While watching TV on CM DVR+ the video broke up and froze. Changing stations was possible via the remote but only the audio changed. The video remained frozen. Pushing the power button on the front in and attempt to reset the CM DVR+ had no effect. Unplugged CM DVR+ and plugged back in. CM DVR+ and TV viewing continued as normal once the system finished restarting. CM DVR+ is 3 weeks old. Anyone else seen this problem?
post #4267 of 4273 Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 127
are you surprised ?

that's "normal" behavior of buggy FW, so you should be tolerant and just do what you did - cold reboot

btw, the issue could be unique to your spot: station equipment, errors by your multipath or a radar or something like that
post #4268 of 4273 Old Today, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Real dumb question, I know. And I have searched here and on CM's site before posting.

How does the streaming function work on the DVR+? Does it have apps on it for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon? Like a dummy, I bought a Magnavox MDR533(5?,7?)H DVD recorder to use with OTA only to find out that the output is not HD. I thought that its HQ record mode was the same as HD. I am clearly showing my AVS ignorance here.

I am currently streaming through my Samsung Blu Ray player. Of course, with that there is no recording ability.

So now I'm looking at a DVR+. And with the video streaming function can you record stuff from say Hulu?
post #4269 of 4273 Old Today, 07:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
Real dumb question, I know. And I have searched here and on CM's site before posting.

How does the streaming function work on the DVR+? Does it have apps on it for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon? Like a dummy, I bought a Magnavox MDR533(5?,7?)H DVD recorder to use with OTA only to find out that the output is not HD. I thought that its HQ record mode was the same as HD. I am clearly showing my AVS ignorance here.

I am currently streaming through my Samsung Blu Ray player. Of course, with that there is no recording ability.

So now I'm looking at a DVR+. And with the video streaming function can you record stuff from say Hulu?
Currently, the DVR+ supports only Vudu.
post #4270 of 4273 Old Today, 08:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by noHatNoCattle View Post
While watching TV on CM DVR+ the video broke up and froze. . . . Unplugged CM DVR+ and plugged back in. CM DVR+ and TV viewing continued as normal once the system finished restarting.
With all devices that have complex firmware, sometimes something just causes a memory leak and you crash a sub-system. It happens -- even TiVo's crash if they run long enough without a reboot. If it's infrequent it's just something to live with. One thing you can do is make it a point to periodically cold boot your DVR's. I have a routine I have stuck to and rarely see a leaking memory crash -- on the first of the month the dog gets its heart-worm pill, its application of FrontLine plus and I reboot the DVR's and the servers.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #4271 of 4273 Old Today, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by matonanjin View Post
Yeah, sometimes it's hard to get past the marketing spin on those boxes that makes them sound better than they are. As was noted the DVR+ currently only supports Vudu. If you want a stand-alone DVR (not HTPC) with a large array of streaming Internet channels, you will have to go to TiVo. None of the DVR's allow you to record a streaming channel -- it's a license restriction. But then why would you have to since the purpose of a streaming site is instant access, anytime. If you want to stay in the DVR+ price range, the next choice would be to add a RoKu box for all the streaming channels. RoKu was built for streaming and has the most channels of any box.

If you want to record streaming content to keep, then that is where your Magnavox recorder can find use if you are past the return date. You can capture the SD composite output of the streaming box to the DVD recorder. Most streaming sites use some sort of copy protection to prevent this so you will also have to buy a copy-protection buster box like a Grex or Video Filter to go between the streamer and the DVD recorder. There is more info on this in the DVD Recorder Forum -- look for a poster named DigaDo.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #4272 of 4273 Old Today, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Wow, Kelson thanks for the thoughtful, inclusive reply. And thanks Arenal04.

I have some questions but have to get to Dr.'s appt. Will respond this evening. Thanks to you both again.
post #4273 of 4273 Old Today, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
With all devices that have complex firmware, sometimes something just causes a memory leak and you crash a sub-system. It happens -- even TiVo's crash if they run long enough without a reboot. If it's infrequent it's just something to live with. One thing you can do is make it a point to periodically cold boot your DVR's. I have a routine I have stuck to and rarely see a leaking memory crash -- on the first of the month the dog gets its heart-worm pill, its application of FrontLine plus and I reboot the DVR's and the servers.
I started the first of the month reboot two months after getting my first TiVo. Since then I have had no unwanted reboots. As for a streaming device, there are over 60 "channels" on my Blu-ray and TV. The Sony BDP-S6200 is a very flexible device at a reasonable price. Crappy remote though.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page