142Likes

post #4921 of 4926 Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCrow View Post
On the phone with a CM person today, I expressed my concern regarding a forum post from March 2014 which claimed that CM would not continue to release DVR+ firmware fixes and improvements for very long. I'm at least a little relieved after the rep. assured me that it's untrue. To me, this is very important, as I see much room for improvement. What do you think?
Nice. This machine, so far, has reliably recorded my shows so that I can watch them. It will be interesting to see how much more work they will do to the DVR+ before they move on to the DVR++. I don't mind being the guinea pig.

I don't know how tolerant the general public is to firmware upgrades though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4922 of 4926 Old Today, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Audio Dropouts

Is anyone else still getting audio dropouts when playing back recorded programs?

I am still getting them whenever:
- I play back a recording from ABC, Fox or CW, and
- there are active recordings in progress (either 1 or 2)

I can skip back and re-play the section without dropouts. I can also play the recordings when no background recordings are active and they will play OK.
The only common thing I can think of regarding ABC, Fox or CW is that they are all 720p channels. I never get audio dropouts when playing 1080i content from NBC, CBS or PBS, or any SD sub-channels.

I keep hoping firmware updates will fix this, but I still get them. It does seem like it was worse with earlier firmware, but maybe I've just gotten used to it. I would say I get a dozen or so half-second dropouts each hour.

I've tried some different audio settings (midnight mode, etc.) but nothing seems to make a difference.
post #4923 of 4926 Old Today, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuchana View Post
Is anyone else still getting audio dropouts when playing back recorded programs?

I am still getting them whenever:
- I play back a recording from ABC, Fox or CW, and
- there are active recordings in progress (either 1 or 2)

I can skip back and re-play the section without dropouts. I can also play the recordings when no background recordings are active and they will play OK.
The only common thing I can think of regarding ABC, Fox or CW is that they are all 720p channels. I never get audio dropouts when playing 1080i content from NBC, CBS or PBS, or any SD sub-channels.

I keep hoping firmware updates will fix this, but I still get them. It does seem like it was worse with earlier firmware, but maybe I've just gotten used to it. I would say I get a dozen or so half-second dropouts each hour.

I've tried some different audio settings (midnight mode, etc.) but nothing seems to make a difference.

Yes, I still get the video glitches and now I have started getting the audio glitches. I am still using the 108.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page