Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #5251 of 5251 Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
FYI....
I've been using a 2TB drive with perfect results (so far)! It's been only two days but I've made numerous recordings.
However, it's a WD "purple" drive. It's an A/V drive that's intended for constant (24/7) applications (specifically surveillance). I have it in a fan cooled enclosure.
So far I've noticed that the audio (and infrequent video) glitches that occur when making two simultaneous recordings while watching a previous recording seem to be gone!.....YMMV.
Again, it's only two days but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Perhaps what others (namely Kelson) have suggested (using an A/V drive vs. these questionable "portable" drives) may be credible advise (in terms of performance and reliability).
BTW.....Amazon is selling the 1TB WD "My Book" A/V (DVR) drive for $89.00 currently. Bear in mind that it's not USB powered and requires it's own AC power outlet. Seems like a good choice (especially at this price point).
I'm beginning to think that Channel Master may be doing their customers a disservice by recommending and selling the "portable" drives (especially Seagate). They're truly not intended for this application. They're supposed to be used intermittently (for back-up purposes).
In all likelihood, they recommend (and sell) them simply because they're smaller and cheaper. Reliability may very well be secondary to them (since they're not a Channel Master product).

Last edited by OTA_jay; Today at 12:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page