330Likes

post #5821 of 5827 Old Today, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA_jay View Post
"FF" and "Reverse" are unrelated to the "Skip" feature, so there seems to be some confusion here.
Additionally, you can adjust the skip forward and skip back settings to your liking within the menu system. This has always been the case.
300X?......There may as well be an option to jump directly to the end of the show!
Agreed, you're experiencing some confusion. I'm not talking about the skip buttons. Again, if you keep pressing the right or left-circle/wheel (the button that encircles the OK button) while ff/rw @ 64, then the DVR will skip 2 mins instead of 1 min. So, this is the fastest way to advance through a recording.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 5827 Old Today, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
My two cents regarding the new firmware upgrade:

Negative issue: Occasionally now (infrequently), while trying to change the channel, I get a big delay (maybe approx. 10 seconds) from the time I press OK to the time the channel actually changes. (This never happened with the 111R firmware.) (I have not done a factory reset since the new firmware upgrade. The upgrade was just a straight upgrade. Since no one else has reported this issues, I guess I have to go through the pain of a factory reset.)

The good part of the firmware upgrade is I am happy with the volume fix and the fact new episodes are marked with the "New" label.
post #5823 of 5827 Old Today, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert Souse' View Post
You expect a DVR that that keeps track of what YOU have watched individually, forever.
Good luck with that.
There are three possibilities...

1) it's on the disk
2) it has aired previously and is not on the disk (new to me)
3) it has not aired previously (new)

The 'it has not aired previously' determinant is in the stream. The 'not on the disk' determinant is calculated. Right now, they are reading stream data. This is easy since it is true or false. To determine if the file is on your disk, you have to determine if the file is part of a file you recorded by time or renamed after it was recorded and you have to count on all sources naming the file the same thing. It's much more difficult.
post #5824 of 5827 Old Today, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 41
[QUOTE=midas89;29276305]My two cents regarding the new firmware upgrade:

Negative issue: Occasionally now (infrequently), while trying to change the channel, I get a big delay (maybe approx. 10 seconds) from the time I press OK to the time the channel actually changes.

I had a unresponsive remote after the installing 114R, Did a hard restart (pulled the plug) and after it rebooted all was well again.
This has been noted that this a fix with other upgrades in the past.
post #5825 of 5827 Old Today, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post

1) it's on the disk

The 'it has not aired previously' determinant is in the stream. The 'not on the disk' determinant is calculated. Right now, they are reading stream data. This is easy since it is true or false. To determine if the file is on your disk, you have to determine if the file is part of a file you recorded by time or renamed after it was recorded and you have to count on all sources naming the file the same thing. It's much more difficult.
as I mentioned a couple times: each episode has two IDs (number and date); what would be enough to check if it exist on your drive or been done by looking into history file
post #5826 of 5827 Old Today, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
[quote=MKS13;29276481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midas89 View Post
My two cents regarding the new firmware upgrade:

Negative issue: Occasionally now (infrequently), while trying to change the channel, I get a big delay (maybe approx. 10 seconds) from the time I press OK to the time the channel actually changes.

I had a unresponsive remote after the installing 114R, Did a hard restart (pulled the plug) and after it rebooted all was well again.
This has been noted that this a fix with other upgrades in the past.
Thank you. I appreciate it. I will try the "pulling the plug" hard restart.
post #5827 of 5827 Old Today, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post

1) it's on the disk

4. It has aired previously, watched and deleted from disk.
5. It has aired previously, deleted from disk without watching. (low disk space possibly)

I could go on....
Next complaint coming is the dvr recording options are now too complicated.
Let's shoot for a good basic reliable dvr before we start coding a dvr interface that reads the users mind.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart