574Likes
post #6511 of 6521 Unread Today, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arenal04 View Post
0) Yes. When the DVR+ is in stand-by mode (what most people would call "off"), the LED is a dim red. When the DVR+ is "on", the LED is a bright red.

1) Couldn't follow your question. Could you give a a more verbose example?

2) You started the numbering at 0? You've got to be a hard-core C programmer!

Regarding 1):

On DTVPAL if you schedule the following 3 recordings,
A) 8:00-9:00 on channel 5
B) 9:00-10:00 on channel 2
C) 9:00-10:00 on channel 11
then either B or C will not record. You have to either start B or C early or find something else to record that ends at 9:00.

Regarding not 1):

Yes, good observation. I am a hobby programmer, but not C. J at jsoftware.com . Don't get me started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6512 of 6521 Unread Today, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Followup to DVR+ and Yamaha AVR issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richart View Post
Well, I never could get the receiver to send audio and video through HDMI. I finally had to use an HDMI cable directly from the DVR+ to the TV and then a optical cable from the TV back to the receiver for sound. Seems like a poor solution to me.

I had a reply from Channel Master tech support today saying the DVR+ is not compatible with the Yamaha RX-V377 AV receiver. Seems strange to me that two relatively new pieces of electronics would not properly support HDMI. Is there anyone else on the forum using a Yamaha receiver with their DVR+???
Just to follow up, I finally resolved the issue. As a last resort, I ordered some Amazon Basics High-Speed HDMI Cables and replaced all the HDMI cables. Lo and behold everything now works as it is supposed to. Turns out that the HDMI cable that went from the AVR out to the TV was bad or the wrong version cable (I found HDMI 1.3 printed on the cable itself). Needed to say the culprit has been cut into small pieces and properly disposed of so as to never again wreak havoc again with poor souls such as I.
post #6513 of 6521 Unread Today, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arenal04 View Post
0) Yes. When the DVR+ is in stand-by mode (what most people would call "off"), the LED is a dim red. When the DVR+ is "on", the LED is a bright red.

1) Couldn't follow your question. Could you give a a more verbose example?

2) You started the numbering at 0? You've got to be a hard-core C programmer!

On one of mine the light is so dim when it is recording in standby that it looks to be off.
post #6514 of 6521 Unread Today, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
Nay, any SW coder knows - arrays first element has idx=0
COBOL started at 1. Took me a bit to shift my mind-set when I switched over to C.

BTW, should that be idx == 0?
post #6515 of 6521 Unread Today, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowords View Post
Regarding 1):

On DTVPAL if you schedule the following 3 recordings,
A) 8:00-9:00 on channel 5
B) 9:00-10:00 on channel 2
C) 9:00-10:00 on channel 11
then either B or C will not record. You have to either start B or C early or find something else to record that ends at 9:00.
I don't believe the DVR+ has this bug. I think E* fixed it.

Re: your original question, I'm not aware of a less cumbersome way to access the signal meters on the DVR+. I think the signal quality is more important, although the strength might be easier to use when aiming an antenna. But you may prefer just using another box's meter instead (adding a splitter if necessary).
post #6516 of 6521 Unread Today, 03:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Quote:
I had a reply from Channel Master tech support today saying the DVR+ is not compatible with the Yamaha RX-V377 AV receiver. Seems strange to me that two relatively new pieces of electronics would not properly support HDMI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richart View Post
Just to follow up, I finally resolved the issue. As a last resort, I ordered some Amazon Basics High-Speed HDMI Cables and replaced all the HDMI cables. Lo and behold everything now works as it is supposed to. Turns out that the HDMI cable that went from the AVR out to the TV was bad or the wrong version cable (I found HDMI 1.3 printed on the cable itself). Needed to say the culprit has been cut into small pieces and properly disposed of so as to never again wreak havoc again with poor souls such as I.
Wow. So, what does that say about Channel Master's "tech support" when their "answer" to your problem was to tell you that the components were incompatible with each other so they could throw it off their plate. I think that is about as good as the "its not compatible with 2TB HDD's" answer.

It would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Hopefully people won't continue to waste their time calling CM for any help -- it takes a community.
pachinko likes this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #6517 of 6521 Unread Today, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowords View Post
0) Is there any way to check the antenna positioning on different channels without having to go through the many steps of Menu>Settings>Technical_Information >Signals&Network separately for each channel? This sequence is very inconvenient for my indoor antenna where one important channel seems to require a different positioning from all the others.

1) Is there any improvement in the reception quality relative to DTVPAL? I don't know how to process the new information of both signal quality and signal strength. Which of the 2 is more important?

Brian in Atlanta
Unfortunately, there's no easier method of accessing the reception status. I was hoping that they would've re-assigned a color button for this purpose. Seems simple enough!
In real world testing, my findings are that "quality" is far more telling (as to the stability of the signal).
For example, I've had experiences where the "strength" was at or near 100% while the quality would be at or below 50%. Under these conditions, reception was unstable.
"Quality" appears to be a far better indicator of how environmental issues can adversely affect on-screen results.
Overall (as has been stated here numerous times), the DVR+ can be quite signal hungry and generally requires an above average antenna system. "Fringe" locations and/or environmental issues can be a challenge for it's tuners.
post #6518 of 6521 Unread Today, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Wow. So, what does that say about Channel Master's "tech support" when their "answer" to your problem was to tell you that the components were incompatible with each other so they could throw it off their plate. I think that is about as good as the "its not compatible with 2TB HDD's" answer.

It would be funny if it were not so pathetic. Hopefully people won't continue to waste their time calling CM for any help -- it takes a community.
It actually defeats the purpose for them to use "incompatibility" as an answer, since it can actually discourage customers from keeping their DVR+ units or recommending them to others.
These representatives appear to be getting inadequate and/or improper training prior to answering customer inquiries!
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page