Forum Jump: 
 592Likes

post #6571 of 6576 Old Today, 09:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Couldn't it simply be holiday pricing, like everybody else is doing to boost sales at the end of the year? Lots of electronics are being discounted at this time of year without it meaning that inventories are being depleted in anticipation of model turn-over.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6572 of 6576 Old Today, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Of course this is all speculative. But if CM does want to phase out the base model, I'd expect them to reduce their inventory with discounts like this.

But if they do, it's tricky because they don't want to compete with themselves. If they start offering a 500 GB model for the same price as today's base model, who would pay $150 more for the 1TB model? The sizes are too close together.

They need to keep a relatively cheap entry-level model in the lineup, otherwise they'll price themselves out of the market. But the 1TB model still needs to sound like enough of an upgrade that some folks will pay for it.

I agree an extra tuner or two would be nice. But again, if the cheaper model sported 3 or 4 tuners, who would buy a 2-tuner 1TB model? If they make that change I'd expect to see it in the more expensive model first, but so far I haven't seen CM offer a discount on their 2-tuner 1TB model, so it looks like they plan to keep selling that one.

My guess: 250GB or 320GB for $279, maybe 500GB for $329, and 1TB drops to $379. If we're really lucky, maybe CM will offer an add-on USB or LAN tuner.

The irony is that the HDDs would all cost about the same, so the higher-priced models would be almost all profit. And BTW, they still need to give us a way to copy recordings off those internal HDDs.
post #6573 of 6576 Old Today, 09:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
My money is on two tuner with 500Gb. Perhaps $249. Only time will tell.
I think that would be much too cheap to fit their pattern. The CM-7000 and CM-7400 both included internal HDD's and listed for $400 list. The CM-7500TB1 (DVR+/1TB) has followed suit and is also listing for $400. I think they have their price points established for the mid-range market they are serving.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #6574 of 6576 Old Today, 07:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Internal drive upgrade?

Has anyone tried replacing the 16GB internal flash drive with a larger hard drive? I realize that this would likely void the warranty, but I'm looking at buying a used unit that wouldn't have a warranty anyway.
post #6575 of 6576 Old Today, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Any rumors or speculation if Channel Master will announce at CES any options for using DVR+ or a new model to function as whole home device as they mentioned earlier this year?
@Channel Master Any treats coming out of CES? Netflix? Plex?
@OTA 4me it will not be Netflix or Plex. We did something else that had to come first. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Sounds like the whole house product is on its way!
Warner2Bruce likes this.
post #6576 of 6576 Old Today, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Yes the Voverry one is the one that also didn't work for me. I ordered the Innovic from the seller Gateshop. I got it today but won't get t test it for a few days because of the holidays.
Just updating: Plugged in the Innovic wifi adapter sold by Gateshop and immediately the DVR+ recognized it. So, the Voverry one is a dud it looks like.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart