Forum Jump: 
 595Likes

post #6601 of 6603 Old Today, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Speculation.....

CM releases an adapter that streams to other DVR+ via a new channel added to the guide.

I read back in the Summer they were working a streaming adapter.
The new channel can connect to the adapter and stream content from the disk.

That is my guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6603 Old Today, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMIJim View Post
Nope.

TV is a 42" Samsung LCD, of fairly recent vintage. Just doubled-checked with my wife. She hasn't noticed any difference, either. She had noticed the difference with Aereo, via our Roku 3, even with Aereo set to "max quality."

Jim
My unit always powers on in 720p, regardless of the resolution selection. If I manually select 1080i,it handshakes with my preamp, and afterwards, it does 1080. Perhaps you could try that and see if it helps.
Ron
post #6603 of 6603 Old Today, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdog View Post
... At least once a week, I have to unplug the DVR+ to allow it to reset. I do this because the DVR+ stops responding to the remote. You can press any button on the remote, and it does nothing with the DVR+. So, unplug the DVR+, plug it back up and once it resets, you are good to go.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I have that problem as well. And I don't think resetting the DVR+ is the complete answer. I found that the remote goes unresponsive fairly quickly after a reset so I searched for a different route.

Others have felt that replacing the batteries is the answer and I wonder how long the new batteries will last before the remote starts acting up again.

What I have found so far is an "ugly" solution. Someone back in post 5000 or so suggested bending the contacts under the batteries. Instead of doing that, I put a thin cardboard shim between the batteries and the removable access door. Now, when the remote becomes unresponsive, I squeeze the spot where the shim is and the remote starts working again. Until someone comes up with a better answer (or finds fresh batteries will last longer than a few months), I'll stay with this one.

And btw, bernieoc clued me in on a better way to reset the unit than pulling the power cord. Hold down the button that's just to the right of the LED for about 10 seconds and the DVR+ goes through a reset.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page