Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 262 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #7831 of 7834 Unread Today, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBC View Post
I had same problem Sunday night (3/1/15). I was watching a recording while recording another program. I tried changing the 'closed captioning' setting and suddenly the playback stopped and I lost most, but not all, of the Remote functions. (Not sure exactly which ones, but I do recall I could change channels with +/- button, but not by direct input, and could not access previously recorded materials)

I waited until the program being recorded was finished and did a Soft Reset (5-sec hold of on/off button). Full functionality returned, and have had no further problems in the several days since.

I'm a regular reader of this forum and don't recall having seen anything like this reported previously. It is most strange several of us had the same problem at the same time!
Actually, not that strange. The DVR+ is, under the sheets, a computer. A computer program can grab memory from a memory pool. If the program doesn't manage that memory correctly, it can keep grabbing memory until there's no more memory. At which point, the computer acts weirdly, at best. This is called a memory leak. The latest firmware, V1.14, fixed a lot of problems. But it seems to have introduced a memory leak. There's only 3 fixes for a memory leak: A) Kill the offending program, which is not available to us; B) Reboot the system, which is available to us; C) Fix the computer code so it manages the memory properly.

We'll all be doing B until C comes out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7832 of 7834 Unread Today, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
remote controls TV but not DVR+

I was trying to get closed captions to show because they seemed to have disappeared and the CC button was not reacting to presses. I then tried other buttons on the remote like the DVR button and the Guide button, but they do not work although the red DVR power button does light up.

The remote will change channels and change audio level and will turn the TV on and off, but not DVR+ functions work.

I have pressed in and held the button next to the DVR+ blue light for several seconds, but still get no reaction from the remote.

Any ideas, pls?

Brian in Atlanta
post #7833 of 7834 Unread Today, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowords View Post
I was trying to get closed captions to show because they seemed to have disappeared and the CC button was not reacting to presses. I then tried other buttons on the remote like the DVR button and the Guide button, but they do not work although the red DVR power button does light up.

The remote will change channels and change audio level and will turn the TV on and off, but not DVR+ functions work.

I have pressed in and held the button next to the DVR+ blue light for several seconds, but still get no reaction from the remote.

Any ideas, pls?

Brian in Atlanta
Brian, you should reboot the DVR,not just hold the button. Usually 5 sec is enough , if it's not working that way - disconnect power cord for 15 seconds.
post #7834 of 7834 Unread Today, 10:16 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
Brian, you should reboot the DVR,not just hold the button. Usually 5 sec is enough , if it's not working that way - disconnect power cord for 15 seconds.
Perfect, thanks.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , P552UI-B2 , vizio 4k
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page