Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 280 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8371 of 8378 Unread Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
When that time comes, buy a GigE switch. I have a single wired path from the main network servers upstairs to the main viewing area downstairs. That wire plugs into an 8-port switch and the rest of the components in the rack (HDTV, TiVo, BD Player, Wii, WDLive-SMP, FIOS router, Moca Bridge) plug into the remaining ports on the switch.

I confine our use of wireless to mobile devices like laptops, tablets and cell phones.

Plus it seems like people with the DVR+ who using wifi having issues with the guide. Those that are wired do not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8372 of 8378 Unread Yesterday, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I am not having any guide issues with my wireless hook up.
post #8373 of 8378 Unread Yesterday, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko76 View Post
Plus it seems like people with the DVR+ who using wifi having issues with the guide. Those that are wired do not.
If users are having Guide problems related to the WIFI connection it's not the DVR+ causing the problem.
I have 4 DVR+ units 2 wired and 2 on WIFI, none of the units have any guide issues.
There is also 2 laptops, 2 desktop computers and 2 TV's using the WIFI without any problems.
post #8374 of 8378 Unread Yesterday, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko76 View Post
I thought one user in the sequence discussing this DID use wired. (Too lazy to go back and find it.)
post #8375 of 8378 Unread Yesterday, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPVid View Post
I thought one user in the sequence discussing this DID use wired. (Too lazy to go back and find it.)
Yes. There was a mix of wired and wireless people that reported having issues. so its inconclusive as to if you are more likely to have the glitch with wireless connections.
post #8376 of 8378 Unread Today, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm leaning toward getting a dvr+ but one thing I haven't been able to find searching or watching yt vids is does the guide view (2 day or 14 day) have a channel-specific mode? for example arrow to the far left into the channel number box and access a list that shows what's coming up the next few hours/days? or the multi-channel/multi-line grid view is the only view there is?

also in that grid view is there a page down? or to scroll through them it's always arrow/one-at-a-time?
post #8377 of 8378 Unread Today, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_eddie View Post
I'm leaning toward getting a dvr+ but one thing I haven't been able to find searching or watching yt vids is does the guide view (2 day or 14 day) have a channel-specific mode? for example arrow to the far left into the channel number box and access a list that shows what's coming up the next few hours/days? or the multi-channel/multi-line grid view is the only view there is?

also in that grid view is there a page down? or to scroll through them it's always arrow/one-at-a-time?

It is 14 days, you can jump ahead a day or more, and you can jump to a channel by channel numbers while in the guide screen. Page down and up plus a jump up or down. Hope this helps.
post #8378 of 8378 Unread Today, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_eddie View Post
I'm leaning toward getting a dvr+ but one thing I haven't been able to find searching or watching yt vids is does the guide view (2 day or 14 day) have a channel-specific mode? for example arrow to the far left into the channel number box and access a list that shows what's coming up the next few hours/days? ?
It sounds like you are looking for a feature similar to that found on my old DirecTV DVR. That was a very handy list for sure.

No, currently the only way to look ahead on a particular channel is to scroll to the right in the grid.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k
Gear in this thread