Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 283 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8461 of 8485 Unread Yesterday, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Maybe this is the "good news" they said was coming!
pachinko likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8462 of 8485 Unread Yesterday, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshane View Post
This just appeared on the CM Facebook page:

Just announed - Open Box 1 TB DVR+ for $319! While supplies last. You save $80. Includes free shipping and free HDMI cord!

http://www.channelmaster.com/Open_Bo...m-7500tb1r.htm
Also emailed to us that are on their mailing list.

post #8463 of 8485 Unread Yesterday, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenL View Post
Maybe this is the "good news" they said was coming!
Wouldn't surprise me in the least!
post #8464 of 8485 Unread Today, 04:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post
Also emailed to us that are on their mailing list.

Yup! Got this Good News in an email and I am so excited by this offer! What a great deal! Thanks for nothing CM!
post #8465 of 8485 Unread Today, 05:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Yup! Got this Good News in an email and I am so excited by this offer! What a great deal! Thanks for nothing CM!

I hope you are posting on their facebook page. You would fit right in.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #8466 of 8485 Unread Today, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got an update from Channel Master... 2 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8467 of 8485 Unread Today, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker007 View Post

week pronunciation: wēk (noun)

1. a period of seven days. "the course lasts sixteen weeks"

2. the period of seven days generally reckoned from and to midnight on Saturday night. "she has an art class twice a week"

3. workdays as opposed to the weekend; the five days from Monday to Friday. "I work during the week, so I can only get to this shop on Saturdays"

4. an indeterminate period of time that seemingly never ends. "CM support said the next SOFTWARE update is just a week or so away"

Last edited by wiscojim; Today at 10:40 AM.
post #8468 of 8485 Unread Today, 09:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

4. an indeterminate period of time that seemingly never ends. "CM support said the next update is just a week or so away"

I don't believe you are correct here. I looked at their facebook page and CM appears to post an update every week. On at least one occasion they posted more than one update within a week.

Perhaps the problem here is differing interpretations/expectations of what the word "update" means. By their apparent interpretation they have been issuing regular updates.
LenL likes this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #8469 of 8485 Unread Today, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Kelson,

You Wiscojim are both very close but still not correct.

You see they when say update what they really mean is UP the Date for the release further in the future.
post #8470 of 8485 Unread Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

I hope you are posting on their facebook page. You would fit right in.

I did and a bunch of the shills jumped in saying how happy they are with the DVR+ and CM.
pachinko likes this.
post #8471 of 8485 Unread Today, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
I did and a bunch of the shills jumped in saying how happy they are with the DVR+ and CM.
I love how on the interwebs you are either a hater or a fanboy! (shill?... are you saying they are company insiders posing as users?)

Personally, my DVR+ does everything that I purchased it to do, with only a few annoying quirks (a couple of which I've posted about here), so if CM never, ever released an update ever again, I would still be happy with my purchase.

I distrust TiVo; they've tried desperately to keep the market all to themselves with various patent lawsuits and the like, and figure the only reason they even offer a "lifetime" subscription is due to competition like CM. If CM goes away, kiss that lifetime subscription goodbye for any new purchases! (Obviously, JMO).

(But, I'm no shill, nor have I ever even visited the CM facebook page...)

Would I like them to correct some of these quirks (bugs)? Sure. But, I have blocked their update site in my router because I'd rather wait for some of you more eager types to try it out first!
danshane likes this.
post #8472 of 8485 Unread Today, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker007 View Post
post #8473 of 8485 Unread Today, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I don't believe you are correct here.
If you'll look again, I was referring to the updates from "CM support" which would be the software updates, not the Facebook updates that come from their marketing/publicity team.

The word "software" has now been added to my original post to clarify this.

post #8474 of 8485 Unread Today, 11:09 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day. And on the seventh day He rested from all His work which He had done, because Linear TV would take a little longer.
JoeKustra likes this.
post #8475 of 8485 Unread Today, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If I were to purchase a CM this week and the company comes out with the linear support next month will mine be obsolete or will I be able to update the software/firmware some how? Thanks.
post #8476 of 8485 Unread Today, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooTall87 View Post
If I were to purchase a CM this week and the company comes out with the linear support next month will mine be obsolete or will I be able to update the software/firmware some how? Thanks.
The expectation is that it will be offered to all current DVR+ users as a firmware upgrade at no cost. I'm not sure if CM has ever explicitly said that, however.
post #8477 of 8485 Unread Today, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPVid View Post
I love how on the interwebs you are either a hater or a fanboy! (shill?... are you saying they are company insiders posing as users?)

Personally, my DVR+ does everything that I purchased it to do, with only a few annoying quirks (a couple of which I've posted about here), so if CM never, ever released an update ever again, I would still be happy with my purchase.

I distrust TiVo; they've tried desperately to keep the market all to themselves with various patent lawsuits and the like, and figure the only reason they even offer a "lifetime" subscription is due to competition like CM. If CM goes away, kiss that lifetime subscription goodbye for any new purchases! (Obviously, JMO).

(But, I'm no shill, nor have I ever even visited the CM facebook page...)

Would I like them to correct some of these quirks (bugs)? Sure. But, I have blocked their update site in my router because I'd rather wait for some of you more eager types to try it out first!
You may only have noticed a few annoying quirks but according to CM they have over 50 bugs (errors or issues are other synonyms) that they are working on fixing. Probably if we go through all the posts on this forum we could find most of them mentioned. From issues with hard drives to the DVR+ not working correctly with some TVs. Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom and customer friendly manor they will not identify the bug fixes. They never have and never will it appears. They make a firmware release and it is up to the customers to figure out what is in the release. So excuse me if I call all the folks who defend CM shills.
post #8478 of 8485 Unread Today, 01:31 PM

Quote:
You may only have noticed a few annoying quirks but according to CM they have over 50 bugs (errors or issues are other synonyms) that they are working on fixing. Probably if we go through all the posts on this forum we could find most of them mentioned. From issues with hard drives to the DVR+ not working correctly with some TVs. Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom and customer friendly manor they will not identify the bug fixes. They never have and never will it appears. They make a firmware release and it is up to the customers to figure out what is in the release. So excuse me if I call all the folks who defend CM shills.
So, I guess you just like name calling. So be it.

It works just fine with my TVs and with my hard drive, and the bugs that have affected me (so far) can be "corrected" by a re-boot. I'm satisfied with the product.
post #8479 of 8485 Unread Today, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTPVid View Post
The expectation is that it will be offered to all current DVR+ users as a firmware upgrade at no cost. I'm not sure if CM has ever explicitly said that, however.
If CM ever tried to charge for it there would be a riot on their facebook page.

- kelson h

post #8480 of 8485 Unread Today, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 917 Post(s)
Liked: 700
Quote:

1. a period of seven days.
The real problem is that CM isn't proofreading its posts. They're actually not talking about time intervals at all but rather the sound made by guinea pigs ("wheek"). The guinea pigs in this case are the users whom CM is using to test its buggy firmware, and the wheeking is the sound of those users' cries for help (or possibly their begging for carrots new firmware features) on Facebook and this forum thread.
post #8481 of 8485 Unread Today, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
I have a channel that does that (I know this is goofy) but if I just skip backwards 10 seconds so I'm using the slightly timeshifted feed instead of a live feed, it solves the problem. Its annoying but pretty easy to resolve when it manifests. Will you give that a try since its the least invasive and let me know if it helps? If a channel re-scan resolves it completely, then great! I'm just curious if this bug is similar to the one I have.
Bingo. A quick rewind on the channel and then play and the audio comes back!

Thank you!
blakepro and pachinko like this.
post #8482 of 8485 Unread Today, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Upper-Left Corner Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by benkeser View Post
Bingo. A quick rewind on the channel and then play and the audio comes back!

Thank you!
This reminds me of another problem that's fixed by a simple back-skip: Occasionally, after closing the Guide, only the upper-left corner of the picture is visible, the rest being black. Has this been mentioned here? Is this among the 50 bugs being addressed by CM/E*?
blakepro and pachinko like this.

[Signature not found -- or just not clever enough.]
post #8483 of 8485 Unread Today, 07:31 PM

Latest release of Lister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
Open the DVR+ Lister’s Help file, and go to the last page (8), Questions and Anwsers.

Scroll down to item “11. How to assign drive letters to a DVR+ USB HDD in Windows using Ext2Fsd?”.

Please let me know if this gets you up and running, and especially if you see where it can be clarified or improved.
Pachinko, please read my update: Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread

BTW, where should I look for your latest version? I thought I was downloading the latest one, but now I'm not sure; item no. 11 in your help file doesn't match the thing about assigning drive letters, and there seem to be only 5 pages. I have v15.2.3.0. Sorry to trouble you. Thanks.

post #8484 of 8485 Unread Today, 08:00 PM

Downloading trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
DVR+ Lister v15.3.29 has been released and is available for download.
Help!
When I used your link to DL the latest version and unzipped the files, all I got was 2 ICO files and 2 AU3 files. Wha' happen?? Assuming AU3 is an AutoIt script file, what do I do with it? I'm have a dickens of a time getting my hands on the latest update to the Lister! (Apparently I'm 103 yrs. old.) Thanks.

post #8485 of 8485 Unread Today, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCrow View Post
Pachinko, please read my update: Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread

BTW, where should I look for your latest version? I thought I was downloading the latest one, but now I'm not sure; item no. 11 in your help file doesn't match the thing about assigning drive letters, and there seem to be only 5 pages. I have v15.2.3.0. Sorry to trouble you. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCrow View Post
Help!
When I used your link to DL the latest version and unzipped the files, all I got was 2 ICO files and 2 AU3 files. Wha' happen?? Assuming AU3 is an AutoIt script file, what do I do with it? I'm have a dickens of a time getting my hands on the latest update to the Lister! (Apparently I'm 103 yrs. old.) Thanks.
No trouble SirCrow! The latest released version is 15.3.29. See post 8026, on 04-02-2015, 04:54 PM (Central). That's on page 81 if using 100 posts per page setting, or I think on page 268 if using the default 30 posts per page setting.

To save you from having read that long post to locate the download link of the executable, here's it is:
https://www.hightail.com/download/Ul...Z1BCTWtPd3NUQw

That ZIP file, "DVR+ Lister (v15.3.29).zip", includes everything! Unzip the download into a new folder of you liking. It contains 4 ZIP files. Unzip "DVR+ Lister - Executables (v15-3-29).zip", and "DVR+ Lister - Help (v15-3-29).zip". The other 2 ZIP files are the source files. You don't need to unzip them.

To run the main program, double click on "DVR+ Lister.exe". The other executable is called by the main program, so you never run it directly.

Click on the "Help (F1)" button to open the help file (that's the CHM file).

The AU3 files are the "source code". That is, the program before it is compiled into an executable program. You don't need the source code unless you want to modify the program yourself (you'd need AutoIt in order to compile into an executable program). I posted the source code on the AVS Forum so that they are always safe and available to everyone, unlike the host where I posted the executable files, who could delete them at any time. I would have posted the executable on AVS Forum, but the ZIP file exceeds the maximum size for attachments.

Best of luck! If you have any other questions, just let me know.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k
Gear in this thread