Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 284 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8491 of 8506 Old 05-30-2015, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by richart View Post
Oops! I guess someone forgot to tell Microsoft.
Yeah, and Android phones, and iPhones, and ....

I'm old enough to remember the horror that appliances would never actually turn off, and sit there with power still coursing through them 24/7, playing vampire with our electric usage. Rebooting a computer to fix an issue was the first solution for any problem from DOS 3.1 days to now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8492 of 8506 Old 05-30-2015, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 925 Post(s)
Liked: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshagan View Post
I'm old enough to remember the horror that appliances would never actually turn off, and sit there with power still coursing through them 24/7, playing vampire with our electric usage.
You don't need to be old to remember that. Everything from TiVo to the DVR+ lets you experience the joy of vampire loads even in 2015.
post #8493 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 03:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
You don't need to be old to remember that. Everything from TiVo to the DVR+ lets you experience the joy of vampire loads even in 2015.
That's only half the problem. I reboot everything on the first of the month too. DVRs, TV, router, etc. and with a UPS and surge strips, it doesn't take long. It might seem overkill, but I stopped having lockups and unknown reboots.
post #8494 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 166
All you guys are funny with your reboot issues. I have a ton of electronics in my home, including all the things you mention and only the DVR+ needs to be rebooted. I guess I am unusual.
post #8495 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant. It was scandalous in the beginning, with numerous articles in the tech press about vampire energy consumption. The tin foil hat people said that pretty soon companies would be listening to everything we said in our living rooms, LOL. Wait, that actually has happened ....
post #8496 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
Am I quoting the right post (8384)? Your link did not deliver me to it, likely because I’m using a different “post per page count”. Assuming I have the right post: ...
I'm glad you got the right post. As always, Pachinko, thanks for the Lister and all the info and help!

[Signature not found -- or just not clever enough.]
post #8497 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by richart View Post
Oops! I guess someone forgot to tell Microsoft.
Or Apple, or Google (Android), or ...
post #8498 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenL View Post
It is not about name calling. It is common practice on the internet for companies to have employees and even people outside the company (who are paid) to post favorable reviews and comments about a product and even post bad reviews about a competitors. If you don't believe me you can look it up. It's been in the news.....
Nice spin move and a rather pathetic attempt at an insult, but this is name calling:
Quote:
...So excuse me if I call all the folks who defend CM shills.
Clearly, you are not restricting your name-calling to company paid reviewers.
artisticimaging and wizwor like this.
post #8499 of 8506 Old 05-31-2015, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Randolph, NJ, 725' above sea level, 30 miles west of ESB
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Clearly

I was referring to only to those who immediately chimed in after my post on their Facebook page.
post #8500 of 8506 Old Today, 04:15 AM

Quote:
I was referring to only to those who immediately chimed in after my post on their Facebook page.
Whatever...
fatherom and artisticimaging like this.
post #8501 of 8506 Unread Today, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I find it absolutely amazing how many TIVO Rep are Trolling this thread. Of course they could all be one person. TIVO must be really concerned about DVR+ sales in a drastic way. There are not any DVR+ owners trolling the TIVO Thread.
I am completely satisfied with my DVR+ as it is right now. I don’t have an annoying noise when I press a button on the remote, it plays well with other device in my cabinet for my whole home solution, It does not have any ads for products on screen, it has a stop button for play back, and It does not record anything other than what I tell it to. Well I could go on and on but that is just some of the reasons why I am happy with my DVR+.
post #8502 of 8506 Unread Today, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Speaking of CM. I just connected one of the CM DVR+ wireless adapters into my computer. It comes with a USB 2.0 extension which is nice. With Display Manager it shows as a Realtek RTL8192CU. I guess that's why so many clones with the Realtek chipset work fine. I keep seeing the ad pop up for $12 from Amazon, so I thought I would post my observation. Have a nice DVR+ day.
post #8503 of 8506 Unread Today, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just came to my inbox:

Dear Channel Master Customer,

We're so excited about our upcoming DVR+ software update that we've decided to bring Christmas to you in June! Beginning at 8 AM Pacific Time on Monday, June 8, we will offer the 16 GB DVR+, ONE DAY ONLY, for $199. You save $50, get a free HDMI cord, and shipping is included. The only other time you may see prices like this is Black Friday! The sale will run until Midnight Pacific Time or while supplies last. Be ready!

We'll send you full details about the new software once the release rolls out.

As always, we strive to provide you with TV Freedom and we continue to work hard for your entertainment needs.

Don't miss out on Monday, June 8!

Sincerely,
- Channel Master
post #8504 of 8506 Unread Today, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_ View Post
Just came to my inbox:

Dear Channel Master Customer,

We're so excited about our upcoming DVR+ software update that we've decided to bring Christmas to you in June! Beginning at 8 AM Pacific Time on Monday, June 8, we will offer the 16 GB DVR+, ONE DAY ONLY, for $199. You save $50, get a free HDMI cord, and shipping is included. The only other time you may see prices like this is Black Friday! The sale will run until Midnight Pacific Time or while supplies last. Be ready!

We'll send you full details about the new software once the release rolls out.

As always, we strive to provide you with TV Freedom and we continue to work hard for your entertainment needs.

Don't miss out on Monday, June 8!

Sincerely,
- Channel Master
I received that email this PM, and it makes me wonder if the "upcoming" update will occur before the sale, or is this a carrot to encourage sales while we continue to wait. The ad is carefully worded so that it could be taken either way.

Oh well, *SOON!"

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
post #8505 of 8506 Unread Today, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 27
This was CM's Facebook reply to a few users complain about the delayed FW update:

Channel Master Um, Dustyn and Jeff, you guys may want to keep a close eye on the FB page Monday.
post #8506 of 8506 Unread Today, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericko76 View Post
This was CM's Facebook reply to a few users complain about the delayed FW update:

Channel Master Um, Dustyn and Jeff, you guys may want to keep a close eye on the FB page Monday.
Agreed. On the FB page the rep basically says the update is going to happen on monday.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page