Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 286 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8551 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashGuy View Post
Bloomberg TV, WGN and WeatherNation are, in my opinion, solid additions. (The others -- eh. RT looks like a conduit for Putin propaganda.)
I am curious about some of the foreign film and documentary offerings, and I know somebody in my family who would go nuts to have those hunting and fishing channels.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8552 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Member
 
Bobarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Bloomberg TV, WGN and WeatherNation are, in my opinion, solid additions.
Agreed.
Already I watch a lot of Bloomberg financial on the Roku and if I can just change channels on the DVR+ it will eliminate an unnecessary change to the input on my TV.
I don't hunt or cook much but I do sometimes watch hunting and cooking shows so I would watch those as well probably.
I'm really hoping they also add Amazon Prime and Netflix and then I would rarely use the Roku and then it would probably be for the PLex client.
Bobarino is offline  
post #8553 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Senior Member
 
wiscojim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshane View Post
What is that I see to my right? Are those advertisements for products I own or might be interested in? Horrors!
What is it you see, on what page? I don't see any ads.

.
wiscojim is offline  
post #8554 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post
What is it you see, on what page? I don't see any ads.

.
You must not be viewing AVS in a Web browser.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
post #8555 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 08:04 AM
Member
 
blakepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 65
For anyone interested, the one day sale is live now: http://www.channelmaster.com/DVR_Plus_p/cm-7500gb16.htm

16 gig unit for $199
blakepro is offline  
post #8556 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
For anyone interested, the one day sale is live now: http://www.channelmaster.com/DVR_Plus_p/cm-7500gb16.htm

16 gig unit for $199
And this just popped into my email inbox:

"They're here. Live Internet Channels on DVR+!"

The text of the message says the firmware will appear this afternoon.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
post #8557 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Member
 
cah95046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 34
SW upgrade this afternoon

via email

"Dear Channel Master Customer,

Today is a special day! We are very excited to bring you Channel Master TV, our free service that provides you with live Internet Channels in your DVR+ program guide. This afternoon, check for your software update in the menu. Once you have installed the new software version, you will see a Channel Master TV banner in your program guide. Select the banner and follow the simple steps to register. Once that is completed, your Internet Channels will populate in your program guide right alongside your Antenna Channels and Streaming Services."
cah95046 is offline  
post #8558 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 08:08 AM
Member
 
blakepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Funny, The facebook post says the updates should be going out now:

blakepro is offline  
post #8559 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 08:34 AM
Member
 
Bobarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Download in progress.
Bobarino is offline  
post #8560 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Senior Member
 
wiscojim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 355
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshane View Post
You must not be viewing AVS in a Web browser.
I was viewing in Google Chrome. Just checked in Firefox and IE. No ads.

You must not be using an ad blocker!

.
pachinko likes this.
wiscojim is offline  
post #8561 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Member
 
blakepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
Download in progress.
Please share your impressions when you can.
blakepro is offline  
post #8562 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:10 AM
Member
 
Bobarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
Please share your impressions when you can.
Works good so far.
Response changing from one internet channel to another is very responsive.
PQ varies from one internet channel to another with Bloomberg being near HD quality and others typical of internet streaming sites.
BBC world news and Sky news and a few others are a pleasant surprise.

Menus are reorganized.
The main menu doesn't scroll like it did before, the selection jumps from one selection to another.
They added a menu item "Refresh Rovi Guide Data" so force a guide update.

More later.
danshane and alex_ajb like this.
Bobarino is offline  
post #8563 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Member
 
blakepro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 65
People on Facebook are reporting more channels than the ones mentioned on the https://channelmastertv.com/channels page:

201 bloomberg.
202 abc news.
207 weathernation tv.
210 biz tv.
211 wgn chicago (not america)
212 free speech tv.
263 pursuit
264 hunt channel
303 foody tv.
304 outdoor cooking channel
341 vevo tv hits
342 vevo flow (rap).
343 vevo tv nashville (the last 3 look like mtv back in the day.
491 adult swim,
00 micasa (spanish),
501 tvmas,
502 canal once,
503 azteca noticias.
550 rt news,
551 rt documentary,
552 mhz networks,
553 vibrant tv network,
554 bbc world news,
555 sky news live,
556 france 25
600 (you can add your own channel here),
601 catholic tv network,
602 daystar television,
608 ffe,
625 evine live,
626 liquidation channel,
627 jewelry television.

vudo moved to 900. pandora is on 901. youtube is on 902.

People are reporting that you cannot record the linear channels.
blakepro is offline  
post #8564 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:18 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I wish i was a Russian catholic who loved the outdoors.

I'm underwhelmed, but its free.
jojojazz is offline  
post #8565 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:28 AM
Member
 
cah95046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
People on Facebook are reporting more channels than the ones mentioned on the https://channelmastertv.com/channels page:

201 bloomberg.
202 abc news.
207 weathernation tv.
210 biz tv.
211 wgn chicago (not america)
212 free speech tv.
263 pursuit
264 hunt channel
303 foody tv.
304 outdoor cooking channel
341 vevo tv hits
342 vevo flow (rap).
343 vevo tv nashville (the last 3 look like mtv back in the day.
491 adult swim,
00 micasa (spanish),
501 tvmas,
502 canal once,
503 azteca noticias.
550 rt news,
551 rt documentary,
552 mhz networks,
553 vibrant tv network,
554 bbc world news,
555 sky news live,
556 france 25
600 (you can add your own channel here),
601 catholic tv network,
602 daystar television,
608 ffe,
625 evine live,
626 liquidation channel,
627 jewelry television.

vudo moved to 900. pandora is on 901. youtube is on 902.

People are reporting that you cannot record the linear channels.
"600 (you can add your own channel here), " how does this work?
cah95046 is offline  
post #8566 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:31 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscojim View Post
I was viewing in Google Chrome. Just checked in Firefox and IE. No ads.

You must not be using an ad blocker!

.
Whether one uses a blocker or not the firms still have our info. I use some pop-up blockers, but I do not mind getting blurbs from known vendors. To each their own, of course.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
post #8567 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobarino View Post
They added a menu item "Refresh Rovi Guide Data" so force a guide update.
Sweet!

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
post #8568 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:34 AM
Member
 
Sandman905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cah95046 View Post
"600 (you can add your own channel here), " how does this work?
It's a notice for content owners or distributors to contact Channel Master about adding their content to the lineup.
Sandman905 is offline  
post #8569 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Bobarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 40
PQ varies greatly from one channel to the next.
The Vevo channels and RT have the best PQ on me he.
Bobarino is offline  
post #8570 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojojazz View Post
I wish i was a Russian catholic who loved the outdoors.


--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
post #8571 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I will say, i always had an issue on startup with my setup. Screen would flicker. Always had to go into the display menu and 'reset' best resolution. In this release, the flicker is gone.

Some observations:
I have seen one channel (weather) load once, and then later fail to load. Also a little bit of buffering (i am wireless). Foody Tv says 'we are working on adding this channel'
jojojazz is offline  
post #8572 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Shore, MN
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Update Install time???

Can anyone report the length of time it takes to download and install?

I want to know if I should try to install and check it out over my 30 min lunch break or wait till tonight. I'll be too teased to install over lunch break but not have any time to play with it. Thanks!
alex_ajb is offline  
post #8573 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_ajb View Post
Can anyone report the length of time it takes to download and install?

I want to know if I should try to install and check it out over my 30 min lunch break or wait till tonight. I'll be too teased to install over lunch break but not have any time to play with it. Thanks!
It took me about 10-15 minutes, wireless.
jojojazz is offline  
post #8574 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Member
 
Sandman905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Several of my former PISP guide data channels are now getting an extended Rovi Guide update. The colored function buttons have new assignments for the Rovi Guide. I used to use the blue button to jump ahead in time on the guide. Now it jumps down to the new Linear TV Channels.

Also the Linear TV section of the Guide seems to be in somewhat random ordered groups of channels. I start with 212, 263, 264, 500, 554, 625, then 210, 211, etc.
pachinko likes this.

Last edited by Sandman905; 06-08-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Sandman905 is offline  
post #8575 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:03 AM
STL
Advanced Member
 
STL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
For anyone interested, the one day sale is live now: http://www.channelmaster.com/DVR_Plus_p/cm-7500gb16.htm

16 gig unit for $199
I had just about convinced myself to take advantage of that offer, then I realized the DVR+ will just be running the same Sling TV app and not listing the content of their 20+ channels in the guide with everything else. I was hoping to see all my OTA channels in the same guide along with all my Sling TV (each listed separately). Oh well, maybe one day that'll come -- and better yet maybe one day the DVR+ will be able to record them!!!
STL is offline  
post #8576 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Shore, MN
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman905 View Post
Several of my former PISP guide data channels are now getting an extended Rovi Guide update. The colored function buttons have new assignments for the Rovi Guide. I used to use the blue button to jump ahead in time on the guide. Now it jumps down to the new Linear TV Channels.
hmmmm. So have you figured out a new way to jump ahead in the guide? That would be more important to me...
alex_ajb is offline  
post #8577 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Senior Member
 
danshane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jeffersontown, KY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
I had just about convinced myself to take advantage of that offer, then I realized the DVR+ will just be running the same Sling TV app and not listing the content of their 20+ channels in the guide with everything else. I was hoping to see all my OTA channels in the same guide along with all my Sling TV (each listed separately). Oh well, maybe one day that'll come -- and better yet maybe one day the DVR+ will be able to record them!!!
That is what I expected. I have not seen anyone post that Sling TV is included in today's new channel list, so I'm assuming we are still awaiting that addition.

While it's been reported that we cannot record the linear channels I do wonder if pause and/or rewind are available while watching the live feed.

--

Be seeing you...

Dan Shane
danshane is offline  
post #8578 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Member
 
Bobarino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_ajb View Post
hmmmm. So have you figured out a new way to jump ahead in the guide? That would be more important to me...
Skip forward/back moves 24hrs forward/back.
Bobarino is offline  
post #8579 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Senior Member
 
pachinko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 299
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by danshane View Post
...
While it's been reported that we cannot record the linear channels I do wonder if pause and/or rewind are available while watching the live feed.
As posted by on CM's facebook page, by Decebal Mihailescu:

Quote:
All the new channels seem to work so far, but... bad news: recording, pausing, fast forwarding are disabled for the linear TV!....I'm Sorry to burst the bubble. I've also had high hopes that did not pan out.
pachinko is offline  
post #8580 of 9201 Old 06-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Member
 
Sandman905's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_ajb View Post
hmmmm. So have you figured out a new way to jump ahead in the guide? That would be more important to me...
Not yet, but the Red button takes me to the last of my OTA channels, Green to Channel 342 in the Guide, Yellow to 556, and Blue to 626, but as I already mentioned the Linear TV Channels are not all in a sequential numerical order.
pachinko likes this.
Sandman905 is offline  
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off