Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread - Page 322 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2869Likes

post #9631 of 12600 Old 09-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 297
^^^^ A Factory Reset might take you back to 115R if it was shipped on that Firmware. A Factory Reset can be a headache if you've had it for long.

In any case, you would need to block those update websites in your Router (depends on your router, see link on bottom of my sig below for how it is done on mine) or you will be updated whether you want to or not.

I had to do two Factory Resets to get rid of the 124R that was uploaded into my system and showing 'Nag-Screens' to update before I finally got those websites blocked for good.

Well worth the trouble for me as 115R seems to be the most stable one yet and of course I like how my Remote works as it is. (one click CC and three click deletes along with other 'improvements').

Of course, if it didn't work so well on my 4K Samsung, it would be an entirely different matter.

At 55% now with no lockup or freeze issues.
Art
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9632 of 12600 Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
^^^^ A Factory Reset might take you back to 115R if it was shipped on that Firmware. A Factory Reset can be a headache if you've had it for long.

In any case, you would need to block those update websites in your Router (depends on your router, see link on bottom of my sig below for how it is done on mine) or you will be updated whether you want to or not.

I had to do two Factory Resets to get rid of the 124R that was uploaded into my system and showing 'Nag-Screens' to update before I finally got those websites blocked for good.
This got me wondering if my DVR+ would revert to the version that came on the unit, 108R, so I just tried it while running 124R. Sorry to bring bad news, but a Factory Reset does NOT revert to the delivered version, and retains the current version (in my case 124R).

I also performed a Maintenance Reset with the same result (actually the Maintenance Reset failed when it could not download the software, and just performed a Warm Boot - no settings were lost). In both tests, the WiFi dongle was disconnected so that there was no way for the process to download and install the latest version.

I suspect that the only reason your DVR+ is still at 115R is because no other version was actually installed, even though it may have appeared that 124R was downloaded. I would not count on being able to revert to 115R should you ever decide to try another version. You'd be able to revert to any version for which you have the .STR update file, but not the secret 115R, which came with your unit, but was never posted by CM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotart View Post
At 55% now with no lockup or freeze issues.
This seems to be an issue with only some units, definitely not all. I've tried several times, in 124R, to get mine to freeze but could not, regardless of the percentage of storage used. I suspect this issue is either a particular sequence of events, or hardware configuration.
pilotart likes this.
post #9633 of 12600 Old 09-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker007 View Post
You know the more I think about this the more mad I get. There are now two buttons on the remote that do the exact same thing. The Audio button which brings up the Audio/Closed Caption Menu and the CC button which does the same thing!

Channel Master if you are reading this please undo your mistake and put back the CC button to toggle the On/Off for Closed Captions! We don't need two remote buttons that do the same thing! This has to be an error...
Definitely a poor choice by the developers!

The problem is now that they foolishly selected a “stock” remote control (one without a dedicated button for CC and another for Audio) for the “Enhanced” remote, how do they support both the original “flat” remote, and the "enhanced" remote? It would have been simple if they would have chosen a different IR code for the enhanced remote than the one already in use with the flat remote (and coded 123R for both), but evidently they didn’t.

However, I would think they could add a DVR+ setting that could be set for either the flat or the enhanced remote. Of course, that’s additional work for the programmers, although it shouldn’t be very much (a simple If/Then branch), and they can steal everything else from 114R. But what’s the chances they will do it?
post #9634 of 12600 Old 09-29-2015, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachinko View Post
...This seems to be an issue with only some units, definitely not all. I've tried several times, in 124R, to get mine to freeze but could not, regardless of the percentage of storage used. I suspect this issue is either a particular sequence of events, or hardware configuration.
I'm still running 114R, and I've had my hard drive between 70% and 80% full several times (1TB drive) and have never had a problem.
pachinko and pilotart like this.
post #9635 of 12600 Old 09-29-2015, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
what post ? what he mentioned ? was it his wondering if there is ? so, what details you want to hear about non-existent modification?
Follow along: Channel Master DVR+ Owners Thread
wizwor likes this.
post #9636 of 12600 Old 09-29-2015, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
having a little trouble searching on this in part because I need to include "new" but imagine this has already been brought up somewhere in this thread. what I've noticed happening I think is somewhat new (for me) after a few months of use but can't be sure it wasn't happening before now (using 124r from the start):

1. rovi guide (or dvr+?) is marking repeats as "New" (the bl/wh graphic) for shows tvfool lists as repeats. it didn't start off doing this, only started recently.

for example I'm recording all new pbs nova progs on the main pbs station in this area (2.1) and notice the scheduler wanting to record subsequent showings of each on the same station. whether I search dvr+ for "nova" and do info on each result or use channel guide to go to that repeat's day/time the graphic shows "New" on both. as I say, checking those same day/times in tvfool they all show as repeats.

2. I record only new jeopardy! episodes mon - fri. now that the thurs. night nfl pregame show takes its spot my local tv station moves the thurs. jeopardy! to saturday early am - but for some reason the dvr+/rovi are not picking up that sat. episode as a "New" show so doesn't record it, even though tvfool shows it is not a repeat.

3a) I record chris wallace's fox news prog on sunday mornings in my area at 10am on the local fox station (25.1). the first few went fine then I noticed the dvr+ scheduler adding the 9a local fox news sunday broadcast before doing the 10am chris wallace show afterward. I didn't change anything, for some reason the scheduler just started adding the 9a local broadcast on its own (also if I cancel the 9a broadcast before the record date the history for it changes to the title of chris wallace's show even though before that its title was the local fox 9a broadcast).

3b) after a couple weeks of that I now see the rovi channel guide and dvr+ scheduler saying chris wallace's show is on at 9am, not 10am. but when I look at tvfool for my area wallace's show is still listed at the expected 10am time.

do these seem like rovi data issues? once I started noticing this trouble I've been checking dvr+ "stb health" every day or two and it always says rovi did its daily update.

or does the dvr+ do something more with rovi data and maybe it's the dvr+ that's causing these things?
post #9637 of 12600 Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej_eddie View Post
having a little trouble searching on this in part because I need to include "new" but imagine this has already been brought up somewhere in this thread. what I've noticed happening I think is somewhat new (for me) after a few months of use but can't be sure it wasn't happening before now (using 124r from the start):

1. rovi guide (or dvr+?) is marking repeats as "New" (the bl/wh graphic) for shows tvfool lists as repeats. it didn't start off doing this, only started recently.

for example I'm recording all new pbs nova progs on the main pbs station in this area (2.1) and notice the scheduler wanting to record subsequent showings of each on the same station. whether I search dvr+ for "nova" and do info on each result or use channel guide to go to that repeat's day/time the graphic shows "New" on both. as I say, checking those same day/times in tvfool they all show as repeats.

2. I record only new jeopardy! episodes mon - fri. now that the thurs. night nfl pregame show takes its spot my local tv station moves the thurs. jeopardy! to saturday early am - but for some reason the dvr+/rovi are not picking up that sat. episode as a "New" show so doesn't record it, even though tvfool shows it is not a repeat.

3a) I record chris wallace's fox news prog on sunday mornings in my area at 10am on the local fox station (25.1). the first few went fine then I noticed the dvr+ scheduler adding the 9a local fox news sunday broadcast before doing the 10am chris wallace show afterward. I didn't change anything, for some reason the scheduler just started adding the 9a local broadcast on its own (also if I cancel the 9a broadcast before the record date the history for it changes to the title of chris wallace's show even though before that its title was the local fox 9a broadcast).

3b) after a couple weeks of that I now see the rovi channel guide and dvr+ scheduler saying chris wallace's show is on at 9am, not 10am. but when I look at tvfool for my area wallace's show is still listed at the expected 10am time.

do these seem like rovi data issues? once I started noticing this trouble I've been checking dvr+ "stb health" every day or two and it always says rovi did its daily update.

or does the dvr+ do something more with rovi data and maybe it's the dvr+ that's causing these things?
Is everything correct under Settings, Time & Date?

I wouldn't doubt that the Rovi Guide is not always correct. Not too long ago someone reported that Rovi was making changes (I think CM told him/her that). If you can show that the Rovi guide is wrong, you should notify Rovi (sorry, I can't seem to find that address).

I would do a Warm Reboot, as that has resolved many issues in the past. It doesn't take long, and nothing gets lost. Just find a good time to do it (that is, nothing recording or about to record).

TvFool has a Guide???
pilotart likes this.
post #9638 of 12600 Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
it's just a bravado here ... nothing real, no facts, no snapshots ... nothing
post #9639 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
TvFool has a Guide???
A lot of advertising. Try www.zap2it.com, which I find 99% accurate.
artisticimaging likes this.
post #9640 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Thanks! I use Zap2It, but mostly I use TitanTv. But I've never seen a guide on TvFool.com, and was curious about it. I still can't find it!
pilotart likes this.
post #9641 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 06:41 AM
ALP

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Zap2it looks great! Where does TvFool have a guide?
pachinko likes this.

Tony Plachy
post #9642 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I've searched here using "manual" "scan" and some other combinations, I cannot seem to figure out the steps for getting a manual scan to work. I've got the real channel and the frequency , but it keeps reverting to what was in the channel and frequency settings previously. This has gotta be a brain fart on my part, but can someone point me to the necessary steps to do a manual scan of 1 channel? (Please?)
post #9643 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterbum46 View Post
I've searched here using "manual" "scan" and some other combinations, I cannot seem to figure out the steps for getting a manual scan to work. I've got the real channel and the frequency , but it keeps reverting to what was in the channel and frequency settings previously. This has gotta be a brain fart on my part, but can someone point me to the necessary steps to do a manual scan of 1 channel? (Please?)
After entering the "real" channel number (use leading zero if a single digit), arrow down to Scan, then move to "Started", and press OK. Yeah, the wording is odd!
scooterbum46 likes this.
post #9644 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 769 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALP View Post
Zap2it looks great! Where does TvFool have a guide?
See post # 9614. Almost as good is www.titantv.com, but I use zap2it since it uses TMS for it's data. I never had any accuracy issues with Rovi, but only its periodic blackouts. This was on a Sony DHG and Sony TV (which used the internet). Both are discontinued by Rovi.
post #9645 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
After entering the "real" channel number (use leading zero if a single digit), arrow down to Scan, then move to "Started", and press OK. Yeah, the wording is odd!
Thank you again... The problem was poor enough signal that it was rejecting it .. Turned the antenna around and fixed. Looks like a spring project for me (snowbird that I am)will be a two or three fixed antenna setup with a combiner..
post #9646 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Good question! Unfortunately, you usually can't simply copy .ts files to a DVD and play them. For most DVD players, you need to format the video files a certain way.
I copied the ts file over to the computer but can't get it to play. Shouldn't VLC Player be able to play a .ts file? I have had success playing them in the past with VLC

Thanks,

Z
post #9647 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 629
VLC Player will work but you'll need to "clean up" the .ts file from the DVR+ first. It's missing a couple of tables (PMT/PAT?) and that confuses many video players. Easiest way for most folks is:

1. Install "ffmpeg" on your PC
  2. Install and run "ext2fsd" (but you've probably done that already in order to copy the .ts file to start with)
  3. Install and run Pachinko's DVR+ Lister.

DVR+ Lister has a built-in option to run ffmpeg with the parameters needed to clean up the DVR+'s .ts files. Use that option, and VLC Player should play the fixed-up file.

Edit: BTW, ffmpeg is often included with other free packages such as DVD Styler, so it may already be on your PC if you search for it.
post #9648 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I copied the ts file over to the computer but can't get it to play. Shouldn't VLC Player be able to play a .ts file? I have had success playing them in the past with VLC
What JHBrandt said! The only way I get VLC v2.2.0 to play a TS from the DVR+ is to convert the video. I use the convert video option in DVR+ Lister and ffmpeg as shown in the following pic:

Some video players can play the TS without conversion. I usually use Media Player Classic Home Cinema. GOM Player works too, and probably a few others. Odd that VLC doesn't but that's the way it is.

FYI, once you set up the ffmpeg parameters, it's just about as fast to have DVR+ Lister convert the videos as it is to copy them, but can depend upon which conversion parameters are used.

Last edited by pachinko; 09-30-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: to indicate that conversion speed depends on conversion parameters
post #9649 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Thanks that worked!

Quick question. Has anyone converted DVR+ .ts files into something that can be played and stored on a TiVo Roamio OTA? Or do you just have to use the Plex Server?

Z

Last edited by Zonker007; 09-30-2015 at 04:38 PM.
post #9650 of 12600 Old 09-30-2015, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
VLC Player will work but you'll need to "clean up" the .ts file from the DVR+ first. It's missing a couple of tables (PMT/PAT?) and that confuses many video players. ...
That's right - PAT/PMT missing.
@pachinko , knowing all the meta-data it would be easy to create correct PAT/PMT and append it as as one packet [188 bytes] at front of copying TS file
post #9651 of 12600 Old 10-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 297
Cool Version 115R

Quote:
This got me wondering if my DVR+ would revert to the version that came on the unit, 108R, so I just tried it while running 124R. Sorry to bring bad news, but a Factory Reset does NOT revert to the delivered version, and retains the current version (in my case 124R).
That's good to know, I had just read it (about reverting) in here way back, but never needed to try it.
Spoiler!
Quote:
I also performed a Maintenance Reset with the same result (actually the Maintenance Reset failed when it could not download the software, and just performed a Warm Boot - no settings were lost). In both tests, the WiFi dongle was disconnected so that there was no way for the process to download and install the latest version.

I suspect that the only reason your DVR+ is still at 115R is because no other version was actually installed, even though it may have appeared that 124R was downloaded. I would not count on being able to revert to 115R should you ever decide to try another version. You'd be able to revert to any version for which you have the .STR update file, but not the secret 115R, which came with your unit, but was never posted by CM.
That's true, I just did "Factory Resets" after they were uploaded, but before installation, my DVR+ always remained on 115R. I had no need to 'test' 124R, just didn't want it.
Spoiler!
Quote:
This seems to be an issue with only some units, definitely not all. I've tried several times, in 124R, to get mine to freeze but could not, regardless of the percentage of storage used. I suspect this issue is either a particular sequence of events, or hardware configuration.
Spoiler!

That's especially important information for any 115R users who Flash 124R and find out down the road that there's a problem after passing 50% HD use. It's probably related in some way to their Hard Drive and that 115R (or a Forced Return to 114R) would have made no difference.

Spoiler!

Art
pachinko likes this.

Last edited by pilotart; 10-01-2015 at 12:49 PM. Reason: click the "Last edited by pilotart;" link.
post #9652 of 12600 Old 10-01-2015, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 629
I just noticed something odd about the Rovi guide the other day.

Since July, Windows Media Center has been using the same Rovi guide as the DVR+, which means WMC users now "enjoy" the same deficiencies we DVR+ users have been dealing with all along: fewer channels with a guide, "generic" descriptions of an entire series rather than the actual upcoming episode, etc.

Or so I thought. But while checking shows on Me-TV, which usually has at least a fair guide, I noticed that the descriptions were much more, um, "abbreviated" on the DVR+ than on the WMC guide. They were specific episode descriptions, but for some reason they were all reduced to a single short sentence on the DVR+.

Not that they were terribly verbose on WMC, but at least they were long enough to get an idea of what the upcoming show was about. On the DVR+, the descriptions were so short they were almost meaningless.

From other channels, I know extreme brevity isn't a DVR+ requirement. So does anyone know what's up with this? Why is Rovi discriminating against us DVR+ users?
post #9653 of 12600 Old 10-01-2015, 06:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I just noticed something odd about the Rovi guide the other day.

Since July, Windows Media Center has been using the same Rovi guide as the DVR+, which means WMC users now "enjoy" the same deficiencies we DVR+ users have been dealing with all along: fewer channels with a guide, "generic" descriptions of an entire series rather than the actual upcoming episode, etc.

Or so I thought. But while checking shows on Me-TV, which usually has at least a fair guide, I noticed that the descriptions were much more, um, "abbreviated" on the DVR+ than on the WMC guide. They were specific episode descriptions, but for some reason they were all reduced to a single short sentence on the DVR+.

Not that they were terribly verbose on WMC, but at least they were long enough to get an idea of what the upcoming show was about. On the DVR+, the descriptions were so short they were almost meaningless.

From other channels, I know extreme brevity isn't a DVR+ requirement. So does anyone know what's up with this? Why is Rovi discriminating against us DVR+ users?
I don't have WMC so I can't compare it to the DVR+, but I looked at some descriptions of various shows on various channels, and some are short and some are longer. Didn't come across a generic description, but I have seen that before. On this subject, I thought you might find the following interesting.

1. This is the description that the DVR+ displays, is what is in the REI file (which DVR+ Lister displays), and is stored in the associated log file in the 1st section of that file:
Quote:
The Andy Griffith Show
The Founder's Day guest of honor is a pickpocket. Jay Novello, Don Knotts, Ronny Howard, Frank Warren, Sherwood Keith.
2. This is what is in the associated Log file in either the 2nd or 3rd section of the file. Note that the description differs from what the DVR+ displays, and it also contains the episode title! Why the DVR+ has 2 different descriptions for the same show is still unknown (perhaps this one comes from PSIP data?). And why it doesn't include the episode title in the description, is baffling. Thus far, I have not found meta data for the Season Number, Episode Number, or first aired date.
Quote:
The Andy Griffith Show
Guest of Honor: Andy and Barney are hard-pressed when Mayberry's guest of honor turns out to be a pickpocket.
3. The following is what TitanTV has for the same episode:
Quote:
The Andy Griffith Show
WDSU-Me - 6.2 Thu, 10/01, 7:00 PM 30 min
"Guest of Honor"
2/26/1962, Comedy, Classic, Situation Comedy
When the Mayberry Chamber of Commerce announces an elaborate plan to bolster the city's tourism by honoring a lucky visitor during Founder's Day, Andy is startled to find that the city's first selection for guest of honor is a notorious thief.
Credits: Andy Griffith (Actor), Jay Novello (Actor), Don Knotts (Actor), Sherwood Keith (Actor), Ron Howard (Actor), Bill Hickman (Actor
4. The following is what Zap2It has for the same episode.
Quote:
The Andy Griffith Show
Episode: Guest of Honor
S02, E21
(First Aired: Feb. 26, 1962)
Andy and Barney are hard-pressed when Mayberry's guest of honor turns out to be a pickpocket.
CC
7:00 - 7:30 PM WDSUDT2 (6.2)
post #9654 of 12600 Old 10-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I'm getting an error on some of my recordings when trying to use the DVR+ Lister Video Copier (FFmpeg). The programs play on the DVR+ fine but immediately abort when trying to convert them. This is the message I get:

This file contains the names of the video conversions that failed,
most likely due to an invalid conversion parameter.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Z
Please move this to the DVR+ Lister for Channel Master DVR+ thread, and attach a screenshot of the Conversion Window showing the parameters used, and did the text file that opened contain any names of the recordings that failed?
post #9655 of 12600 Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Smith View Post
That's right - PAT/PMT missing.
@pachinko , knowing all the meta-data it would be easy to create correct PAT/PMT and append it as as one packet [188 bytes] at front of copying TS file
I just looked at this again. Not matching a sample you sent a while ago, and finding missing fields in the file structure you sent. Need to look over the parsed output some more (when I can get some time) and I'll email you about it.
post #9656 of 12600 Old 10-02-2015, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Last night, my wife reported that some of her shows weren't recording. We have a 16 gig model with the latest firmware and the CM recommended 1TB external HDD.

This is what I discovered:
  • All shows scheduled to Channel 4.1 (abc) had failed to record.
  • There were no schedule conflicts.
  • When I looked at the schedule, it said they failed to record due to poor signal. So I checked the channel. 100% signal and 100% quality on the tester thing.
  • Upon viewing channel 4.1, I noticed that it had no sound. This happens occasionally on various channels and I have always been able to correct it by just pausing and unpausing the show. Except this time, the DVR functions didn't work. The show could not be paused. So no sound, and no DVR functionality. Rovi guide data was present.
  • I checked 4.2 and 4.3 and they worked fine.
  • Tried a warm reboot. Problem persisted.
  • Tried a cold boot. Problem persisted.
  • Tried "hiding" and "unhiding" the channel. no change. (in the latest FW, I can't figure out any way to delete and rescan a channel)
  • Then I took pictures of all my shows and channels and did a partial factory reset of all my channels and settings. After it completed the rescan and it restored all the channels, 4.1 worked again. It has sound and the DVR functionality is working again. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I hope this may help someone if they have the same problem down the line.

1: Has anyone had this happen?
2: Is there a better way to delete and rescan just a single channel in the latest firmware? it seems like all you can do is "hide" a channel which just moves it over to the "hidden" channels side of the screen.
3: There are now series recordings that I cant seem to set back up because they are off season. (Grimm for example) Is there a way to set it up (new episodes only) if its not currently showing in your guide?
post #9657 of 12600 Old 10-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepro View Post
Last night, my wife reported that some of her shows weren't recording. We have a 16 gig model with the latest firmware and the CM recommended 1TB external HDD.

This is what I discovered:
  • All shows scheduled to Channel 4.1 (abc) had failed to record.
  • There were no schedule conflicts.
  • When I looked at the schedule, it said they failed to record due to poor signal. So I checked the channel. 100% signal and 100% quality on the tester thing.
  • Upon viewing channel 4.1, I noticed that it had no sound. This happens occasionally on various channels and I have always been able to correct it by just pausing and unpausing the show. Except this time, the DVR functions didn't work. The show could not be paused. So no sound, and no DVR functionality. Rovi guide data was present.
  • I checked 4.2 and 4.3 and they worked fine.
  • Tried a warm reboot. Problem persisted.
  • Tried a cold boot. Problem persisted.
  • Tried "hiding" and "unhiding" the channel. no change. (in the latest FW, I can't figure out any way to delete and rescan a channel)
  • Then I took pictures of all my shows and channels and did a partial factory reset of all my channels and settings. After it completed the rescan and it restored all the channels, 4.1 worked again. It has sound and the DVR functionality is working again. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I hope this may help someone if they have the same problem down the line.

1: Has anyone had this happen?
2: Is there a better way to delete and rescan just a single channel in the latest firmware? it seems like all you can do is "hide" a channel which just moves it over to the "hidden" channels side of the screen.
3: There are now series recordings that I cant seem to set back up because they are off season. (Grimm for example) Is there a way to set it up (new episodes only) if its not currently showing in your guide?
Thanks, good to know!

1. No, I've never had the issue you describe, or even an audio issue.

2. I do not find a way to delete a channel (since 123R). It appears the programmers didn't think about the problem you had and thought that with "hide" it didn't need "delete" (I disagree). Did you try manually scanning the bad channel anyway? It appears to do something, so maybe that would have worked too.

3. Here's something you can try to schedule a New Show not found in the guide. I'm fairly certain it will work because when I just tried it for Grimm, after updating the series a window popped up stating "Series Created. No matching programs were found in the current guide for this series".
  • Find a show you never watch on the desired channel, and set it to record only new shows.
  • Immediately Edit the Series and change the "Search Text" to 'Grimm' in the "Rename Manual Timer" window that appears. Press Done.
  • Make sure the "Rule" says "Name matches".
  • Make sure the "Filter" say "New programs".
  • Adjust the Early and Late times to your liking.
  • Press the Update button.

post #9658 of 12600 Old 10-02-2015, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 72
What is a partial factory reset?
post #9659 of 12600 Old 10-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisticimaging View Post
What is a partial factory reset?
Version 123R provides several ways to perform a "Factory Reset" as shown in these pics:

Paul210 likes this.
post #9660 of 12600 Old 10-02-2015, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Version 123R provides several ways to perform a "Factory Reset" as shown in these pics:

Okay Thank you. I am still using the 114R so I did not know.
pachinko and pilotart like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
578 , 999 , Channel Master , dvr+ , maintanance restart , P552UI-B2 , vid posts 576/578 , vizio 4k
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page