5Likes

post #1411 of 1413 Old Today, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
It occurs to me that the HW-150s also do not have a channel 3/4 switch (that option's set on-screen), so this firmware might work with some HW-150s too. Best bet would probably be the older HW-150s that came with V3, V10, or possibly V8. Mediasonic started messing with the box's hardware after that.

But you'd need an iView remote (or a universal remote with iView in its code book) to try it. If you load iView FW on a HW-150 or vice versa, the remote codes change and the original remote stops working. The front panel still works, but there are no front-panel buttons with which to get to the menu and restore the original firmware.
That would be great JH if someone can let us know. Tired of it going on to 7AM when it should stop at 2:05 AM. Well the only thing is no Iview remote, so I would have to get the remote by itself somewhere maybe ebay or iview. Can someone tell us the remote model no. of the Iview? Is this the model: http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Mult...ords=iview+dvr

Last edited by afterlife2; Today at 11:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1413 Old Today, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I have an old HW-150 but it's at my in-laws' house at the moment. I may give this a try the next time my wife & I visit, possibly next month.

Just in case anyone else wants to try this, iView does sell replacement remotes: http://www.iviewus.com/default/access/remote.html
post #1413 of 1413 Old Today, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 83
The only one worth anything is the last $10 one, the others are the very poor first remotes, not sure who would ever purchase those
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page