Forum Jump: 
 7Likes

post #1501 of 1506 Old 09-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm about ready to throw my box out the window. If I set a recording overnight and put the box in standby mode (red light on) the recording disappears from the "to do" list and it doesn't record anything. So to get around that I try setting the recording before bed, and leaving the box completely on... then it freezes up totally, and does nothing. I can't win. Companies shouldn't release crap like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1506 Old 09-28-2014, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
help, pleeease heeelp

I have the hw-150 connected to an Onkyo NR609 receiver which is connected to my Optoma hd20 and I do not get a picture or sound. I removed the receiver from the equation and connected directly to the projector and the video works. I set up the channels and changed the audio to RAW HDMI on and connected it back up to the receiver. Now the audio works, but I still do not get a picture. I have played with the settings on the receiver and used 2 hdmi cables but no luck. Is there a known issue with connecting HDMI to some receivers, Onkyo in particular? I have searched and found that some people have had issues with their receivers, but nothing about issues with Onkyos.

thanks
post #1503 of 1506 Old 09-28-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpalmer2k View Post
I'm about ready to throw my box out the window. If I set a recording overnight and put the box in standby mode (red light on) the recording disappears from the "to do" list and it doesn't record anything. So to get around that I try setting the recording before bed, and leaving the box completely on... then it freezes up totally, and does nothing. I can't win. Companies shouldn't release crap like this.
This thing is really nothing more than a glorified digital conversion box that can schedule recordings (if your lucky). Get yourself a real dvr from someone like Channel Master or Tivo.
unclehonkey likes this.
post #1504 of 1506 Old 09-29-2014, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe00877 View Post
I have the hw-150 connected to an Onkyo NR609 receiver which is connected to my Optoma hd20 and I do not get a picture or sound. I removed the receiver from the equation and connected directly to the projector and the video works. I set up the channels and changed the audio to RAW HDMI on and connected it back up to the receiver. Now the audio works, but I still do not get a picture. I have played with the settings on the receiver and used 2 hdmi cables but no luck. Is there a known issue with connecting HDMI to some receivers, Onkyo in particular? I have searched and found that some people have had issues with their receivers, but nothing about issues with Onkyos.

thanks
Sounds like an HDMI handshaking issue between your AVR and TV. Since the AVR is getting audio, the HDMI connection between the Homeworx and AVR apparently works.

Try changing the Homeworx's video output resolution (with the HDMI button on the remote). It's possible that one resolution will work even if others don't.

Since you have the audio working, you could also bypass the HDMI issue entirely by connecting component video cables between the Homeworx and your TV.
post #1505 of 1506 Old 09-29-2014, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Sounds like an HDMI handshaking issue between your AVR and TV. Since the AVR is getting audio, the HDMI connection between the Homeworx and AVR apparently works.

Try changing the Homeworx's video output resolution (with the HDMI button on the remote). It's possible that one resolution will work even if others don't.

Since you have the audio working, you could also bypass the HDMI issue entirely by connecting component video cables between the Homeworx and your TV.
Thanks! That's what it was. My onkyo receiver does the hdmi dropout thing from time to time and I have to unplug the receiver. that has solved the problem the other few times it has done it. It hadn't done it in a while and it was JUST working fine prior to hooking up the new box. Works great now
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page