Homeworx HW-150PVR, Support and Discussion - Page 57 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #1681 of 1683 Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yes, I have confirmed with others on the Roanoke, VA / Bluefield, WV - HDTV AVS Forum that most of our stations are sending out the wrong time -

Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post
No. Info by channel:
7 new state of the art system that is exactly 16 seconds slow
10 +/1 one second since 2010
13 was doing pretty good for awhile now drifting forward currently +29 seconds
15 The biggest problem of all. Perfect one day, +2 minutes a few days later then -2 minutes a few days after that. Probably a computer system problem. I don't think the engineer can do anything about it.

21 Drifts forward a few seconds a day. When the error approaches 5 minutes I email the station.
27 +/-2 seconds
38 +/- 1 second failed once 2010 - email to ION got it fixed
43 Was +/1 second now holding at about -29 seconds

That being said, if you averaged all the stations together, the total error has always been under +/- 1 minute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1683 Old Yesterday, 11:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So my next question is, does it make sense to put in short recordings on a verified time-correct channel in between the recordings I actually want, just to keep the HW on the right time?
post #1683 of 1683 Old Today, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhdtv View Post
So my next question is, does it make sense to put in short recordings on a verified time-correct channel in between the recordings I actually want, just to keep the HW on the right time?
This works with the 180 and the 150 I had . Turn to the station with the correct time , then set the timer to record what you want instead of the EPG and leave the unit on not on standby . When the recording time is done the unit automatically goes back to the original channel with the correct time . Also some networks don't start the programs at the time listed like tomorrow Mike and Molly is scheduled to start at 8:31 . CBS does that a lot . I use the TV Guide android app when you tap on a show it will tell the correct start and stop times , sometimes they go over a minute and the next one may start a minute late.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders