Homeworx HW-150PVR, Support and Discussion - Page 74 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 68Likes

post #2191 of 2195 Old 07-11-2016, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Slo-mo? No - that HW with iView firmware is at my in-laws at the moment.

What should work is pausing, then FF. If I remember, I'll give it a try next weekend when I go up there.

Of course, IIRC we're using different firmware versions. Mine uses V13 (for the old Samsung demodulator chip) and you had to go with V3 for the new MStar 1237 demodulator. So they may not work exactly the same, but I'll try it out anyway.

BTW, I tried it at home with both HW-150 V2.1 and HW-180 V11 firmware and as far as I could tell, with HW firmware slo-mo is a no-go.

Last edited by JHBrandt; 07-11-2016 at 07:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2192 of 2195 Old 07-12-2016, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHBrandt View Post
Slo-mo? No - that HW with iView firmware is at my in-laws at the moment.

What should work is pausing, then FF. If I remember, I'll give it a try next weekend when I go up there.
I've tried pausing then FF multiple times but it only FFs: both (1) pressing pause than pressing FF, and (2) holding pause then FF. Funny thing is like I said, it slo-mo'd a couple of times by accident but can't replicate using logical steps just mentioned.

Slo-mo in hi-def is especially interesting but not crucial, I guess. Thanks.
post #2193 of 2195 Old 07-12-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Hmm.... try pausing, then pressing the "skip fwd" key. I think I tried this too and it didn't work (it just skipped to the next file), but iView firmware may work differently.

(On other DVRs, skip-fwd while paused often advances a single video frame.)

I'm not sure these boxes are "supposed" to do slo-mo, so if the iView firmware can do it, it might be by accident. If you happen to figure out how to reproduce it please post back; it'd be a nice undocumented feature to discover.

On the Mediasonic forum I found someone complaining that when changing channels, the video would go slo-mo briefly but the audio remained at full speed, putting the two out of sync. That might have been specific to his setup though; I haven't seen anyone describe that problem here.
post #2194 of 2195 Old 07-12-2016, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hmm.... try pausing, then pressing the "skip fwd" key.
Tried this too with no luck.

Quote:
If you happen to figure out how to reproduce it please post back; it'd be a nice undocumented feature to discover.
Will do.
post #2195 of 2195 Old 07-13-2016, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

BTW, I didn't have any luck getting slo-mo while time-shifting either. In time-shift mode, skip-fwd does nothing (as you might expect), whether paused or not. FF doesn't work either, but if you press FF while paused when time-shifting, it acts like the "Play" button and starts playing at normal speed. If you do that when watching a recording, it goes straight to 2x fast-forward. I thought it odd that FF acts a bit differently in those two situations.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page