Help Locating IR Sensor in Comcast X1 (Pace PX001ANM) DVR Box for 3rd Party Remote Control - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Comcast just replaced my old Motorola DCH3416 DVR with their new X1 "Any Room" DVR (Pace PX001ANM), but 2 of their techs and a third on the phone, couldn't tell me where the IR sensor is on the front of the box. Hopefully there is one. I had been controlling the Motorola box with my Universal Remote Control MX-3000 and I would like to do the same with the new Pace box. Does anyone have any experience with 3rd party remotes and extended IR on the Pace boxes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-16-2013, 05:35 AM

hi,
i'm in the same boat.....

I have the new comcast box and a $79. harmony remote. (geeksquad programmed harmony to "learn" comcast box, wasn't on harmony website as of 4/01/13)

All of my equipment is hidden in my closet. TV and IR sensor device in my living room.

Currently, i have an IR sensor "eye" taped to the front of my comcast box.

However, when trying to work channels, with remote pointed directly at my IR receiver on the front of my tv, its very sluggish when trying to change channel/work guide. Very frustrating.

i've tried to move the IR sensor "eye" on the cable box to a different location, but its still kind of sluggish.

Maybe the "eye" on the cable box isn't in the right position?????

Trying to find out where the IR sensor is on the comcast box. i haven't tried comcast yet. Will continue to search web.

LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU FIND WHERE THIS IS !!!!!!!!

thanks

-bob
post #3 of 15 Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 AM

Maybe the geeksquad programmed my harmony remote incorrectly??????????
post #4 of 15 Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 322
I can usually find most any sensor with a flashlight. Just go along the front until you see it behind the plastic, which is see-thru with a strong enough light.
post #5 of 15 Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Will try, rhanks
post #6 of 15 Old 08-19-2013, 07:02 PM

I got my Pace DVR from Comcast installed yesterday. It would not respond to my Harmony 1100. It responds to my Harmony 900. The 900 has IR and RF.

Good luck.

Klaus
post #7 of 15 Old 08-19-2013, 07:08 PM

I got my Pace DVR from Comcast installed yesterday. It would not respond to my Harmony 1100. It responds to my Harmony 900. The 900 has IR and RF.

Good luck.

Klaus
post #8 of 15 Old 09-05-2013, 05:44 PM

I was also having problem with my rf to ir remote extender. I located the IR sensor on the X1 box with a bright flashlight. There is a big round thing behind the glass to the right of "record" marked led. Once I positioned the remote extender transmitter on the IR sensor it worked fine. Apparently X1 sensor is not very sensitive and needs to be directly in front IR transmitter.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-10-2013, 02:51 PM

I had already tried that spot with my Universal (brand) Remote that is IR and RF and it is not learning new Comcast remote. I wonder what is up with that? It has always been able to either preprogram or learn anything.
post #10 of 15 Old 09-11-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnie View Post

I had already tried that spot with my Universal (brand) Remote that is IR and RF and it is not learning new Comcast remote. I wonder what is up with that? It has always been able to either preprogram or learn anything.
It uses the XMP protocol which is very difficult for most universal remotes to learn. If your universal remote is made by UEI (One-for-all, RCA, DirecTV, Dish, Radio Shack, cable, etc.), Cable TV code 1982 (aka 01982) should work most functions.
post #11 of 15 Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 AM

If this helps the IR Input port is active on the rear of the X1 slave (Pace PR150BNM) box. I successfully mounted a box behind a TV and used an IR eye only (no box in between).

I have not tried this on the main X1 box (PX001ANM) however.

Good luck!

A
post #12 of 15 Old 02-23-2014, 02:27 PM

I have had the same issue finding the IR port. That large port near the center was not working reliably for me. It would work for a few button presses, and then stop responding. I'd get out the RF remote, and the box was responding fine, so I know it was the IR.

I got a brighter flashlight, and found another little hole visible on the far right side. It's about 1/2" to the left of the XG1-P printed near the power button.

So far my blaster seems to be working much better in this spot. I have hit button after button, and cannot get it to fail to process a button press.

That large port near the center actually looks more like an emitter of some kind. It looks like an LED. Maybe that is for controlling other gear, and is not activated yet?

Glen
post #13 of 15 Old 02-24-2014, 05:49 PM

I may have been premature. That location worked for a bit, then got spotty again. I have several other devices that all work fine with my IR blasters, but this X1 box has been difficult to get realiable.

I found another visible port about 1/2" or 1" to the left of the larger eye in the middle. I am experimenting with that one now. I'll see how it works for a day or two.
post #14 of 15 Old 05-19-2014, 10:31 AM

Has anyone found a spot on the XG1-P that works with their IR "Eye"? I've successfully had my Harmony One programmed to the box for a while but I'm getting of tired of the box not being hidden with everything else!! Can't seem to get any of these spots working.

Has anyone been tweeting the sensitivity of the buttons after moving?
post #15 of 15 Old 05-19-2014, 02:26 PM

I have recently gotten the X1 and placed my IR emitter toward the left of the large ??? in the middle of the red plastic.  It has been working fairly well, sluggish at times but it does work.  The only commands I cannot achieve are Power On/Off.  Door open/door closed makes no difference!  My remote is is the Harmony Touch.  I have not been able to find anything about adjusting the X1 remotes to function as either IR or RF.  The Xfinity remote works like an RF, very fast with either doors open/closed.  So, why is there so little information available about this platform, these remotes and how to duplicate their performance in a Universal???

Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page