Antenna Logic selling non-working Channel Master Pals on EBay - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2013, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Channel-Master-CM-7000PAL-DVR-Dual-Tuner-Antenna-DVR-for-parts-not-working-/141031519690?pt=US_DVRs_Hard_Drive_Recorders&hash=item20d62235ca

Antenna Logic is selling used, non working CM7400 units for $50 plus shipping. Remote not included. Is is worth it ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Worth it for what?
$50 for a parts machine seems a bit pricey to me.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Old 08-09-2013, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecass View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Channel-Master-CM-7000PAL-DVR-Dual-Tuner-Antenna-DVR-for-parts-not-working-/141031519690?pt=US_DVRs_Hard_Drive_Recorders&hash=item20d62235ca

Antenna Logic is selling used, non working CM7400 units for $50 plus shipping. Remote not included. Is is worth it ??

Even it is free, what's good is owning a broken DVR. I will not spend my hard earning $50 for junk. later have to pay to get rid of it.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by png5 View Post

Even it is free, what's good is owning a broken DVR. I will not spend my hard earning $50 for junk. later have to pay to get rid of it.

Fifty dollars for a DVR that doesn't really work? Gee, where have we heard that before? biggrin.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..
Old 08-09-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Fifty dollars for a DVR that doesn't really work? Gee, where have we heard that before? biggrin.gif
Yeah, that is kind of funny, isn't it. smile.gif At least this one is actually advertised not to work so you can be sure you will get what you are paying for.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Old 08-09-2013, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

I thought it odd Antenna Logic is selling broken DVR's, but, let's say you wanted a spare hard drive for your DTVPal or CM7000, it's there for the taking. Also, since these units are scarce, for someone who knows how to "fix" them, I think it would be worth the $70.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I thought it odd Antenna Logic is selling broken DVR's, but, let's say you wanted a spare hard drive for your DTVPal or CM7000, it's there for the taking. Also, since these units are scarce, for someone who knows how to "fix" them, I think it would be worth the $70.
Oh wow, add insult to injury. $50 for a broken DVR and another $20 to ship it to you.
I suppose if someone really wanted it for whatever.
But this begs the question -- where is antenna logic getting broken CM7000's to sell in the first place.

- kelson h

Old 08-09-2013, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

I thought the same thing..... where are they getting them from ? Maybe, if they were sellling them new or refurbished with some type of warranty, the broken ones are customer returns.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
They are also selling original replacement remotes for $60. Any Dish Network remote will work and can be had for $5 - $10. The 5.3, 5.4, 6.3, and 6.4 would all have the same button layout.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

I thought the same thing..... where are they getting them from ? Maybe, if they were sellling them new or refurbished with some type of warranty, the broken ones are customer returns.

The manufacturer may have offloaded any and all stock they had, including returns, at a rock bottom price.
CEM's sometimes do that, and in fact JVC offloaded all their DVHS decks around 2-3 years ago at which time they showe up in various places, including ebay. Those were all new or refurbished. Selling broken units is kinda odd but someone thought they would sell?