TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes

post #991 of 1007 Old 09-18-2014, 06:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Anyone want to comment on this?
It's driving me nuts because I can't remember if it was always there or not.
Or are the rest of you scratching your heads also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
With the Fall season premier week of Sept 22 coming soon, I was scrolling through the guide last night and setting Season Passes for all the new shows of interest. Something I noticed in the guide display that I don't remember seeing before -- there was the word "new" in the guide boxes for shows that were first run.

I'm scratching my head because I just can't remember. Was this a feature of the guide last season and I just never noticed or is this something that was added with the Fall firmware update?

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1007 Old 09-18-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 648 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
I thought it was like that before? Or at least I thought something showed me that there were new episodes?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #993 of 1007 Old 09-18-2014, 09:22 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
I got the Roamio last November and I always remember there being a "New" icon next to first run episodes.

PSN ID: javant86

post #994 of 1007 Old 09-18-2014, 10:11 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
So I guess you mean it would be outside my house? Fun times ahead for me. I have Comcast so I'll need it.
I have Comcast in Chicago, and did not need a PoE filter during the time period I used my ActionTec MoCA adapters. Maybe my usage scenario was different from yours, but I thought I would let you know about my experience.

Mark

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #995 of 1007 Old 09-18-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
I got the Roamio last November and I always remember there being a "New" icon next to first run episodes.
Thanks. I got mine last September and I guess I just never noticed.
Probably because of all the Season Passes I have set, I rarely looked a the guide for live TV.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #996 of 1007 Old 09-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post
I have Comcast in Chicago, and did not need a PoE filter during the time period I used my ActionTec MoCA adapters. Maybe my usage scenario was different from yours, but I thought I would let you know about my experience.

Mark
Thanks. I was more concerned about using the filter for security purposes although it seems that it was necessary in some cases for reliable usage in the home.
post #997 of 1007 Old 09-19-2014, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 5
After my attempt at using a Moca connection failed, I'm considering an ethernet connection to allow me to use the two discounted Mini's I bought with my base Roamio.

Anyone use ethernet connections with Mini's also connecting via OTA care to share if that setup worked well for you?

I really hate to return my disounted Mini's I bought but if I can't find a good reliable method of using them that is what I am facing.

I am utilizing OTA TV now but like the option of possibly switching to cable tv down the road and using the Tivo's to save on service fees.
post #998 of 1007 Old 09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
AVS Club Gold

I've used my Minis with Ethernet, Wireless Bridges, and MoCA. They performed extremely well using all three methods streaming content from my OTA Romaio Basic and my Roamio Pro. I am currently using MoCA with all my Minis.
I use this Ethernet to MoCA bridge with GigE ports to get the network connection to my Minis.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #999 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 03:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
After my attempt at using a Moca connection failed, I'm considering an ethernet connection to allow me to use the two discounted Mini's I bought with my base Roamio.

Anyone use ethernet connections with Mini's also connecting via OTA care to share if that setup worked well for you?

I really hate to return my disounted Mini's I bought but if I can't find a good reliable method of using them that is what I am facing.

I am utilizing OTA TV now but like the option of possibly switching to cable tv down the road and using the Tivo's to save on service fees.
Just this past Wednesday, I entered the world of mini via ethernet to a Roamio basic for OTA. There were a few missteps in the hookup but it seems to be working well at the moment. Only disappointment is that live TV viewing off of the mini seems to have some motion problem that I read about earlier in this thread. Recorded programs look fine.

It's probably cable company specific, but when I bought my first Tivo, an S3, there wasn't any cost savings from the cable company as they figured out a way to charge extra when you unbundled their cable boxes from the package.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.

Last edited by JimP; Yesterday at 03:35 AM.
post #1000 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Just this past Wednesday, I entered the world of mini via ethernet to a Roamio basic for OTA. There were a few missteps in the hookup but it seems to be working well at the moment. Only disappointment is that live TV viewing off of the mini seems to have some motion problem that I read about earlier in this thread. Recorded programs look fine.

It's probably cable company specific, but when I bought my first Tivo, an S3, there wasn't any cost savings from the cable company as they figured out a way to charge extra when you unbundled their cable boxes from the package.
thanks for responding. Can you clarify regarding live Tv viewing using the Mini? Are you experiencing buffering issues? If so, what is your internet speed?
post #1001 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Can you clarify regarding live Tv viewing using the Mini? Are you experiencing buffering issues? If so, what is your internet speed?
How would Internet speed be involved? Local network perhaps...

| 
|
|
|
post #1002 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
How would Internet speed be involved? Local network perhaps...
I don't know. I thought if he didn't have sufficient speed that might be contributing to his issues (if it is buffering during live tv).

I'm just trying to verify what exactly his issue is and if I might experience similar issues. Because as it is right now, for me to use the discounted Mini's I purchased I'm going to have to have some ethernet jacks installed. If there are issues with a user in a similar situation, it's obviously not worth the trouble and money involved to attempt it. Would you not agree it is worth knowing ahead of time?
post #1003 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I don't know. I thought if he didn't have sufficient speed that might be contributing to his issues (if it is buffering during live tv).
What Charles meant to say is that your Internet connection has nothing to do with Roamio-Mini interaction. The communication is entirely over your local home network.

- kelson h

post #1004 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 11:39 AM

Quote:
What Charles meant to say is that your Internet connection has nothing to do with Roamio-Mini interaction. The communication is entirely over your local home network.
Thank you for clarifying! I guess I don't possess all the technical info I need to understand the difference.
post #1005 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I have cable, but use 2 Mini's connected to a Roamio with Ethernet via a 10/100 router and have no issue with live TV on them. I also stream mlb.tv games to both Mini's over the same network and have no issues.
post #1006 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
thanks for responding. Can you clarify regarding live Tv viewing using the Mini? Are you experiencing buffering issues? If so, what is your internet speed?
Its not buffering.

Its almost like seeing an old interlaced display at time.

Earlier in this thread, someone else mentioned it. Now that others are saying that they don't see it, it may be a matter of going with a faster router and switch. Not entirely sure that the switch may be part of the issue.

Since I watch almost everything recorded and not much live, it shouldn't be a big problem for me.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #1007 of 1007 Old Yesterday, 06:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

I see no issues here. Whether the content is considered live or recorded it looks and sounds the same. Although there really is no such thing as live with a TiVo since all content is recorded to the hard drive first, then read off the hard drive to be viewed.

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page