TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 35 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 37Likes

post #1021 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Resolved.

I did the aforementioned troubleshooting, checking the Ethernet line, swapping HDMI ports, different power supply, but I did not try a different HDMI cable. I used the other one provided by TiVo, and it worked immediately. Damn.

FWIW, the HDMI cable I was using was one provided by TiVo and worked before and was still connected actually. Went bad at some point...

EDIT / ADD:

When using the Input button on the TiVo remote control, anyone else not able to select the desired TV input? I tried all the codes for the TV, and all I can do is see the input, and scroll through them with the same Input button. If I wait a couple minutes, the TV selects that input eventually. The Select and Enter buttons don't allow for the input to be chosen. I tried other buttons too...

Last edited by TonyB1966; Yesterday at 11:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hello fellow Tivo owners,

I own the Premiere 1 TB DVR and use it for OTA recording in Toronto. While I'm satisfied with the OTA channels I receive I sometimes wonder if by getting the Roamio DVR will I receive more channels since the internet reviews state that Tivo got it right this time with the OTA tuner in the Roamio.

Could someone please clarify about the tuners in both of these Tivo DVR's and the similarities and differences in terms of signal reception?

Thanks
post #1023 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I am running dual routers in my house. One is a flashrouter running my VPN. If I try to get an ethernet connection setup for my Mini's to connec to my base Roamio is there anything special I need to know to make it work? Will it still work?
post #1024 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I've used my Minis with Ethernet, Wireless Bridges, and MoCA. They performed extremely well using all three methods streaming content from my OTA Romaio Basic and my Roamio Pro. I am currently using MoCA with all my Minis.
I use this Ethernet to MoCA bridge with GigE ports to get the network connection to my Minis.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Would this have worked for me? Tivo told me I couldn't do a moca connection because my cable internet coax enters from the rear of my home and is not connected to my OTA coaxial cable.
post #1025 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edllguy View Post
Hello fellow Tivo owners,

I own the Premiere 1 TB DVR and use it for OTA recording in Toronto. While I'm satisfied with the OTA channels I receive I sometimes wonder if by getting the Roamio DVR will I receive more channels since the internet reviews state that Tivo got it right this time with the OTA tuner in the Roamio.

Could someone please clarify about the tuners in both of these Tivo DVR's and the similarities and differences in terms of signal reception?

Thanks
From my research and also experience, the Roamio has a very good tuner, probably the best in a TiVo. Prior to the Roamio, the consensus was that the TiVo HD had the best tuner. I have a TiVo HD (selling it now), and the Roamio got better reception for us...

The Roamio's tuner rivals that in our Samsung TVs and I think it might be better. I tried the CM DVR+ and Tablo, and the their tuners, especially the DVR+, were markedly worse performers than our TV tuners... Truth be told, the Tablo's tuner was pretty dang good too... Best to you.
Edllguy likes this.
post #1026 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 660 Post(s)
Liked: 719
I guess it also depends on your antenna and reception too. My ROamio Basic picks up the same OTA channels that my Premiere does. And the Premiere picks up the same OTA channels that my TiVoHD did in 2007. And that picks up the same OTA channels as my S3 OLED TiVo did in 2006. WHich also picked up the same OTA channels as my HR10-250 HD TiVo did in 2004.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1027 of 1032 Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Would this have worked for me? Tivo told me I couldn't do a moca connection because my cable internet coax enters from the rear of my home and is not connected to my OTA coaxial cable.
So I guess you are saying you have a separate Coax cable run for OTA? IF so then I would think that MoCA Bridge should work to connect a Mini by MoCA and the Roamio Basic/OTA with Ethernet. Although I only know how it has worked in my setup. I use the MoCA bridge connected to the TiVo portion of my network. So all my TiVos connected over Ethernet can connect to my Minis. And all four of my minis are connected over MoCA.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1028 of 1032 Old Today, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Angry Romeo newbie question regarding timers.....

I was under the impression that the Romio would make allowances for programs that started late like " 60 Minutes" if football ran late.
But in my case, I simply got 1 hr. of recording, half football, half "60 Minutes"...just like a VCR. I thought the internet connection took care of late programs ??
Thanks, Joe
post #1029 of 1032 Old Today, 05:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjoe43 View Post
I was under the impression that the Romio would make allowances for programs that started late like " 60 Minutes" if football ran late.
But in my case, I simply got 1 hr. of recording, half football, half "60 Minutes"...just like a VCR. I thought the internet connection took care of late programs ??
Thanks, Joe
It doesn't work that way in the US. Although if they broadcast Networks wanted to do it, the technology is there. But they don't take advantage of it. Not like in Europe. You need to pad those shows on CBS by a good amount of time because of football. This has always been an issue with CBS. I had planned on recording Madame Secretary. I had planned on recording the second showing of the Pilot. I had more than enough time padded. But CBS changed the schedule and didn't show it here in the DC area. So I won't be watching that show. If it were on another Network then I could probably just catch it on Hulu+. But with CBS I don't think I can. So they lost a potential viewer for changing their schedule at the last minute.

post #1030 of 1032 Old Today, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
I had planned on recording Madame Secretary. I had planned on recording the second showing of the Pilot. I had more than enough time padded. But CBS changed the schedule and didn't show it here in the DC area. So I won't be watching that show.
I got screwed up with it also and missed recording the pilot. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a second showing of the pilot OTA in the Philly market.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1031 of 1032 Old Today, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
It doesn't work that way in the US. Although if they broadcast Networks wanted to do it, the technology is there. But they don't take advantage of it. Not like in Europe. You need to pad those shows on CBS by a good amount of time because of football. This has always been an issue with CBS. I had planned on recording Madame Secretary. I had planned on recording the second showing of the Pilot. I had more than enough time padded. But CBS changed the schedule and didn't show it here in the DC area. So I won't be watching that show. If it were on another Network then I could probably just catch it on Hulu+. But with CBS I don't think I can. So they lost a potential viewer for changing their schedule at the last minute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I got screwed up with it also and missed recording the pilot. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a second showing of the pilot OTA in the Philly market.
common you old guys, you're stuck in the old ways of watching tv!

you can watch the pilot for free in HD from,

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Madam-Secretar...dame+secretary

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/tv/sho...uvsnb8NU&hl=en

Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-seaso...-1/id909114354

Vudu: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content...ecretary-Pilot

mgo: http://www.mgo.com/details/series/ma...lease_tv_shows

Im sure you both have some kind of device that hooks to the tv that will use one of these services. Aaron has to, he always tells us how he had 86 VCR's in the 70's and 47 DVR's in the 90's

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | MLB.tv & MLS Live with
post #1032 of 1032 Old Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
common you old guys, you're stuck in the old ways of watching tv!

you can watch the pilot for free in HD from . . .
I don't stream anything from the Internet.
Given that my DSL is 2.8Mbps, anything streamed from the Internet looks like crap on a 65" plasma.
So, I prefer locally sourced full bitrate originals.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

User Tag List