TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 71Likes
post #1351 of 1364 Old 12-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
All happy now. I never noticed the build date of the other Roamio. It wasn't turning off the suggestions that was the problem, it was viewing the folder with a [0] next to it. Fixed after reboot. Like most things.

When you mentioned suggestions I had to rack my brain how to eliminate them. I forgot you had to reboot to get rid of the folder. I mistakenly turned them on in the summer I had to look up how to get rid of them again.
I use your method as I reboot all my gear once a month just to blow out any glitches that may occur. I just rebooted my network the night before as I was having issues with some websites. Problem solved after reboot.

"You lose it in here you're in a world of hurt"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1364 Old 12-10-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_CoxPHX View Post
You can leave the fields out, or just leave them blank as in the Broadchurch example.

Here is the most simple example:

Promised Land (2012).mp4
Promised Land (2012).mp4.txt
Code:
title : Promised Land (2012) 
description :  A salesman for a natural gas company experiences life-changing events after arriving in a small town, where his corporation wants to tap into the available resources. Director: Gus Van Sant, Writers: John Krasinski (screenplay), Matt Damon, Hal Holbrook, Frances McDormand
The seriesId: and seriesTitle: become important when you are pulling files to the TiVo using pyTivo and want to group them into the same folder.

Anyone see anything wrong with how I have this file structured? Using 10000BC as an example...

Movie File Name: 10,000 BC.m4v
Image File name(300x444): 10,000 BC.m4v.jpg
Metadata Filename: 10,000 BC.m4v.txt
File Contents:
Code:
title : 10,000 BC
movieYear : 2008
description : A prehistoric epic that follows a young mammoth hunter's journey through uncharted territory to secure the future of his tribe.
starRating : 2.5
vProgramGenre : Action
vProgramGenre : Adventure
vProgramGenre : Drama
vProgramGenre : Fantasy
vDirector : Emmerich|Roland
vWriter : Kloser|Harald
vWriter : Emmerich|Roland
vActor : Strait|Steven
vActor : Belle|Camilla
vActor : Curtis|Cliff
vActor : Baring|Nathanael
vActor : Zinal|Mo
vActor : Badra|Affif Ben
vActor : Hammond|Mona
vActor : Khan|Marco
vActor : Ritchie|Reece
vActor : Fry|Joel
vActor : Virgel|Joel
vActor : Sharif|Omar
vActor : Beazley|Kristian
vActor : Oliphant|Junior
vActor : Tu'u|Louise
vActor : Renton|Jacob
vActor : Urwin|Grayson Hunt
vActor : Omar|Farouk Valley
vActor : Babiane|Boubacar
seriesTitle : 
episodeTitle : 
seriesId : 
programId : 
isEpisode : false
originalAirDate : 
isEpisodic : false
episodeNumber : 
image : 10,000 BC.m4v.jpg
post #1353 of 1364 Unread 12-19-2014, 10:15 AM

Liked: 10
Roamio Pro Intermittent Pixelation

Anyone on here have to deal with this issue? It's cropped up for me on a 6 month old model but only certain channels and varying times/lengths. Quite maddening actually. The signal specs are within Tivo guidelines so no answers so far. An older Premiere Elite in same house works fine.
post #1354 of 1364 Unread 12-19-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by jff6791 View Post
Anyone on here have to deal with this issue? It's cropped up for me on a 6 month old model but only certain channels and varying times/lengths. Quite maddening actually. The signal specs are within Tivo guidelines so no answers so far. An older Premiere Elite in same house works fine.
Cable or OTA? Are RS numbers all zero?
post #1355 of 1364 Unread 12-19-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Cable or OTA? Are RS numbers all zero?
They are often zero on channels with worst pixilation. But there are also channels with no pixilation with non zero corrected an un corrected numbers. It's like chasing a ghost. This is on Comcast cable.
post #1356 of 1364 Unread 12-19-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
They are often zero on channels with worst pixilation. But there are also channels with no pixilation with non zero corrected an un corrected numbers. It's like chasing a ghost. This is on Comcast cable.
Well, sounds like you may have an issue with either the cable or the Roamio itself. When I got my Roamio I was lucky to have a Premiere in the house too. One was good, one was pretty bad. I could only get a viewable channel on SD and intermittent display on HD. Finally switched cable cards - no effect. Then I called TiVo, worked with them and ended up replacing the Roamio and now all is good. Since your problem is not severe, I would first try a new cable.
post #1357 of 1364 Unread 12-19-2014, 10:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Roamio Pro Intermittent Pixelation.
Definitely try new cables, but I had similar problems (I also had intermittent 'Channel not Authorized' problems) and went nuts with trying to find the cause. The signal looked good, but the recordings were not good. Swapping cable cards did not fix my problem. Getting another Roamio did not fit my problem. New wiring in my house did not fix my problem. Eventually, I ended up reducing the number of active tuners from 6 to 4 (I forget how I did it, but Google and you'll find out how). My pixelation and other problems disappeared. My problem was something in the firmware in all of the cable cards from my cable company. Supposedly there is a firmware that allows more active tuners, but Comcast is not using it.
post #1358 of 1364 Unread Yesterday, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Yep, same here. Except both my Pro and Basic have the same issues at the same time and on the same channels. Two different cable cards at two different locations in the house and on two different displays.

The cable company came and checked all my connections, splitters, signal strength, etc. and found everything to be fine so can't blame the wiring.

Haven't had any issues for the last few weeks but that's pretty typical, it comes and goes at random intervals.

Last edited by eric102; Yesterday at 07:24 AM.
post #1359 of 1364 Unread Yesterday, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 273
If it's same time and channels, it's not the Roamios. Might be cablecard firmware version, there's a known issue with some FW on Cisco cards when watching copy protected channels.
post #1360 of 1364 Unread Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Motorola cards, no copy protection that I know of.
post #1361 of 1364 Unread Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
Yep, same here. Except both my Pro and Basic have the same issues at the same time and on the same channels. Two different cable cards at two different locations in the house and on two different displays.

The cable company came and checked all my connections, splitters, signal strength, etc. and found everything to be fine so can't blame the wiring.

Haven't had any issues for the last few weeks but that's pretty typical, it comes and goes at random intervals.
Is a bad connection. Call the cable company back. I had the same problem. It was the cable connections. Comcast ended up installing an amplifier that every line runs through. The highpeed modem has own filter.
post #1362 of 1364 Unread Yesterday, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
Definitely try new cables, but I had similar problems (I also had intermittent 'Channel not Authorized' problems) and went nuts with trying to find the cause. The signal looked good, but the recordings were not good. Swapping cable cards did not fix my problem. Getting another Roamio did not fit my problem. New wiring in my house did not fix my problem. Eventually, I ended up reducing the number of active tuners from 6 to 4 (I forget how I did it, but Google and you'll find out how). My pixelation and other problems disappeared. My problem was something in the firmware in all of the cable cards from my cable company. Supposedly there is a firmware that allows more active tuners, but Comcast is not using it.
It wasn't the cables. Didn't suspect them since the Premiere was working fine on the same tap. Did you get involved with the Comcast cable card group? It's a separate 800 number. Their guy that paired my card was very thorough making sure I was getting all authorized channels, etc. And that's the issue - everything live is fine on all the tuners and any channel. It's only buffered or recorded content that's pixelated. So was the tuner rollback TiVo's idea and is that a temporary workaround or the permanent solution?
post #1363 of 1364 Unread Today, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yes, I spent a lot of time with their cablecard group. Everything would check out fine when I had people on the phone or the tech guy was here, but I'd start having problems afterwards . My problems may well be different than yours, but one thing we have in common is that I occasionally saw pixelation problems when playing back recordings. Just for the sake of experimentation, you could try what worked for me:
To Change the number of active tuners on your Roamio:
Go to Settings > Channels > Channel List
Enter one of the following number sequences using the number buttons on the remote. This will tell Roamio the how many tuners it can use.
- 88633 = use 3 tuners
- 88634 = use 4 tuners
- 88635 = use 5 tuners
- 88636 = use 6 tuners
then force a reboot of the tivo:
tivo >> settings >> help >> restart

From the thread in TivoCommunity:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=512139

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't I'd try to get another Roamio box.
post #1364 of 1364 Unread Today, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgdaes View Post
Is a bad connection. Call the cable company back. I had the same problem. It was the cable connections. Comcast ended up installing an amplifier that every line runs through. The highpeed modem has own filter.
My two cable modems (phone and internet) split off before the whole house amplified splitter, all those items were checked and found to be fine. There is a filter.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page