TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 50 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 78Likes
post #1471 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 04:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Woot has factory refurbished mini's for $100 for those of you who missed out on the cheaper price last year. May not be worth it for how often they can be found for $115 brand new.

http://www.woot.com/offers/tivo-mini?ref=cnt_wp_0_4

PSN ID: javant86

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1472 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Yeah I'm not thinking $100 for a refurb Mini is all that great a deal, personally, but it's probably as good as you can get right now if you need one.
post #1473 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 25
1st generation brand new is 114.88 @ Amazon.

Remember, its lifetime on the Minis, so its a great deal.
post #1474 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 11:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghorn2 View Post
1st generation brand new is 114.88 @ Amazon.

Remember, its lifetime on the Minis, so its a great deal.
Does the Lifetime come with that 1st gen model at that price or just the 2nd gen at the higher price, or both?
post #1475 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Does the Lifetime come with that 1st gen model at that price or just the 2nd gen at the higher price, or both?
Both, but remember the Host must have active service, monthly, yearly or lifetime.
post #1476 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 04:51 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
After years of not really caring for Tivo equipment, I bought a Roamio Basic and added lifetime to it this past week. Played with it for a day to familiarize myself with it, then took it to my lake house for my mom to use. It has taken her a few days to get accustomed to it, versus the Dish dvrs that she previously used and the DtvPal dvr that I had out there, but she is very happy with it now.

I hadn't really seen much about the Roamio and the Mini clients until reading some the last few weeks. I was impressed enough with it this past week, that I ordered a second one today and will get a Mini in the next week or so for my house. With 38 OTA channels and 24 of them actually have stuff of interest, I am really close to just getting rid of paytv altogether and adding a cable card or using SlingTv for 4 or 5 months during college football season.
post #1477 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 05:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post
Keenan; I get the click after resuming from pause sometime but not always. And always, 2 second or so delay of audio after resuming play from pause and delay of audio when using the 30 second fast forward through commercials. My setup is TiVo Roamio Plus, to an OPPO 105, used as control center or pre/pro and to a Samsung 75" 8550 TV.
Thanks for the input, I've been busy so I haven't had much chance to check it out further but something has changed and since the Oppo last had a FW update in Oct I'm guessing it's the recent update to the TiVo. My setup is a TiVo Basic to the 103D then through the Denon and on to the Samsung F8500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
You're exactly right although I attributed this change to my new 5.1 system replacing a cheapie sound bar. I still get a very slight discharge but much better than before. I'll pay more attention tonight but I can't say I've noticed any audio delays with the brief time I had with it last night...
Thanks.

I actually prefer it this way versus the way it was before because when listening at a fairly high volume those static pops/discharges were rather annoying.
post #1478 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 05:40 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Both, but remember the Host must have active service, monthly, yearly or lifetime.
Thanks!
post #1479 of 1481 Unread Yesterday, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
After years of not really caring for Tivo equipment, I bought a Roamio Basic and added lifetime to it this past week. Played with it for a day to familiarize myself with it, then took it to my lake house for my mom to use. It has taken her a few days to get accustomed to it, versus the Dish dvrs that she previously used and the DtvPal dvr that I had out there, but she is very happy with it now.

I hadn't really seen much about the Roamio and the Mini clients until reading some the last few weeks. I was impressed enough with it this past week, that I ordered a second one today and will get a Mini in the next week or so for my house. With 38 OTA channels and 24 of them actually have stuff of interest, I am really close to just getting rid of paytv altogether and adding a cable card or using SlingTv for 4 or 5 months during college football season.
Thats why I went with the Basic Roamio, I can do cable when they have a deal, but go back OTA if need be.
Cox has a 6 month special- 24.99 for a good selection of core channels and HBO for $10. Cable card and tuning adapter works perfect. Not missing Hopper/Joey one bit. Guide for subchannels OTA and Cable are accurate. Threw in a 2TB WD EURS (which I pulled out of my WD EHD I was using for the Hopper) as soon as I opened the Roamio box. Fry's had the Basic for 127.00 a few weeks back.

Last edited by foghorn2; Yesterday at 10:51 PM.
post #1480 of 1481 Unread Today, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Thats why I went with the Basic Roamio, I can do cable when they have a deal, but go back OTA if need be.
Cox has a 6 month special- 24.99 for a good selection of core channels and HBO for $10. Cable card and tuning adapter works perfect. Not missing Hopper/Joey one bit. Guide for subchannels OTA and Cable are accurate. Threw in a 2TB WD EURS (which I pulled out of my WD EHD I was using for the Hopper) as soon as I opened the Roamio box. Fry's had the Basic for 127.00 a few weeks back.

That was my thinking too. I will probably take the 2nd Tivo I just ordered out to Las Vegas when I go back to the Condo later this summer and see how it goes with the antenna out there. My dad is out there now and says the PalDvr has been pretty good since the channel rearrangements a few months ago, but it is still finicky out there for some reason and the psip listings are just not as good out there as they are here.

Cox tv pricing just stinks,even with cable card, it looks like using Dish and my 211k or 722 during football will be cheaper. I might use SlingTv if FS1 gets added at some point and the price doesn't skyrocket. I am impressed with the Roamio though and look forward to getting the 2nd one and a Mini to use at my house.
post #1481 of 1481 Unread Today, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu1991 View Post
That was my thinking too. I will probably take the 2nd Tivo I just ordered out to Las Vegas when I go back to the Condo later this summer and see how it goes with the antenna out there. My dad is out there now and says the PalDvr has been pretty good since the channel rearrangements a few months ago, but it is still finicky out there for some reason and the psip listings are just not as good out there as they are here.

Cox tv pricing just stinks,even with cable card, it looks like using Dish and my 211k or 722 during football will be cheaper. I might use SlingTv if FS1 gets added at some point and the price doesn't skyrocket. I am impressed with the Roamio though and look forward to getting the 2nd one and a Mini to use at my house.
Cox pricing is only good with a promotion or bundle. Then its better than Dish and Cox had better channels in their lower tiers. They play lot less "games" with the packages than Dish. eg. I get all 3 news channels and NatGeo and SyFy on their economy pack. I'm nor supposed to get any sports either, but my TV tuner picks up all the non scrambled analog and digital channels including ESPN and other channels not in my package.

If Cox rubs me the wrong way at any point, back to OTA I will go. Can't do that with Dish/Directv boxes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page