TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 51 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80Likes
post #1501 of 1519 Old 03-22-2015, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Since everything is wired you can rule out WiFi problems. I don't know if your switch/router can show you connected devices, but it would be nice if it could. I guess you have gone to TiVo.com and verified that all devices are included in your account and it has been a few days so the devices are registered with the system. If you just connected everything there can be a delay before everything is able to see everything. Everything three times in one sentence is bad. But anyhow, the next step is probably calling TiVo on Monday or trying TCF for much better advice. My Roamio and Mini work fine and I never had a problem. Possibly the week after the parts arrived before installation helped me.
My TiVo account page does show all of my devices, but does say they're still processing my activation (even though everything works except the mini-to-preferred pro connection). I will give it some time and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Ps. What is TCF?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 1519 Old 03-22-2015, 07:24 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlakedad View Post
My TiVo account page does show all of my devices, but does say they're still processing my activation (even though everything works except the mini-to-preferred pro connection). I will give it some time and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

Ps. What is TCF?
Success! When all else fails, reboot everything...

That fixed my issue.
post #1503 of 1519 Old 03-22-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlakedad View Post
Success! When all else fails, reboot everything...

That fixed my issue.
Too bad we can't reboot the whole world. Glad it's working. I reboot EVERYTHING on the first of the month. Since starting that I have never had an unscheduled restart of any device. I also have all electronics on a UPS. Much higher level of activity on the TCF. You will learn the various personalities after a while also. As a forum it may not be as pretty as this one, but there are other advantages.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=29
post #1504 of 1519 Old 03-22-2015, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
That's a known problem. Like always having AOL on the Mini. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Update: it's being rolled out now. Some reports of it on Mini boxes in TCF.
Yahoo Screen is on my Mini this morning.
post #1505 of 1519 Old 03-22-2015, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I just got a TiVo stream but my Samsung galaxy s2 makes it reboot. I hope I can get it working so I can watch tv at work on my lunch break. there is suppose to be a new TiVo app coming out this month.

TiVo is getting expensive. I spent 200.00 on a TiVo roamio. 100.00 on a 3tb hard drive.
300.00 for 2 TiVo minis. 125.00 for TiVo stream, 50.00 for the slide remote and 399.00 for lifetime service.
post #1506 of 1519 Old 03-23-2015, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Imagine what that would cost you for the same functionality via your cable company. You own all your equipment and can sell it when you are tired of it! Not to mention how much better the tivo experience is.
tootal2 likes this.
post #1507 of 1519 Old 03-24-2015, 08:50 AM
A J

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm considering replacing my CM-7000PAL with a TiVo and have a question.

Will a Roamio still record if internet access is temporarily down? I have my modem and WiFi router in the bedroom and switch off their power strip every night at bedtime to kill the overly bright LEDs that otherwise light up the walls and ceiling.

Obviously the guide could not be updated during the night but would a scheduled recording still work OK? Would there be any other ill affects caused by the ~8 hour loss of internet every night?
post #1508 of 1519 Old 03-24-2015, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J View Post
I have my modem and WiFi router in the bedroom and switch off their power strip every night at bedtime to kill the overly bright LEDs that otherwise light up the walls and ceiling.
http://www.lightdims.com/

OTA | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
post #1509 of 1519 Old 03-24-2015, 11:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by A J View Post
I'm considering replacing my CM-7000PAL with a TiVo and have a question.

Will a Roamio still record if internet access is temporarily down? I have my modem and WiFi router in the bedroom and switch off their power strip every night at bedtime to kill the overly bright LEDs that otherwise light up the walls and ceiling.

Obviously the guide could not be updated during the night but would a scheduled recording still work OK? Would there be any other ill affects caused by the ~8 hour loss of internet every night?
Roamio does not need an active Internet connection to record a scheduled program. As long as there is guide information to tell it to record it will do so. Your Internet could be out for a week and Roamio will still make all the season pass recordings for that week.

TiVo calls home daily but on an irregular basis and usually outside of primetime. If you turn off the Internet power at night you run the risk of a scheduled update not executing in which case it will wait until the following day. If there is no way to leave your Internet active, you can circumvent this issue by forcing a call home event from the settings menu when your have your Internet up. You want to make sure it connects daily so that the clock is always updated and on-time. You would be better off getting the Light-Dims referenced above or some dots of black electrical tape to kill the LED's.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Last edited by Kelson; 03-24-2015 at 11:31 AM.
post #1510 of 1519 Old 03-24-2015, 11:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero 1 View Post
These things are great. I use dozens of them around the house to either block 100% of the light or partially block it.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1511 of 1519 Old 03-24-2015, 11:29 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
These things are great. I use dozens of them around the house to either block 100% of the light or partially block it.
Yup, great product.
post #1512 of 1519 Old Yesterday, 08:40 AM
A J

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Thanks! I'd never heard of LightDims before. I just ordered some.
post #1513 of 1519 Old Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Android app has been updated and now you can stream from (some) rooted devices, which is a big win. It also has full support for the controversial new OnePasses.

Still no downloading available though. But if streaming is more reliable now than before (it was often unusable for me) it might be ok.
post #1514 of 1519 Old Today, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

I think internet downloading is a thing of the past. The Download Manager is messed up also. I will miss the CNET Podcasts.
post #1515 of 1519 Old Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
It also has full support for the controversial new OnePasses.
I guess I missed it. What is controversial about 1-pass? I don't stream and don't have any of the on-line sources enabled so 1-pass works for me exactly as season-pass used to.
foghorn2 likes this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1516 of 1519 Old Today, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I guess I missed it. What is controversial about 1-pass? I don't stream and don't have any of the on-line sources enabled so 1-pass works for me exactly as season-pass used to.
Me too. It does need some finishing touches though. Some of the defaults aren't applied when making a new One Pass. And, for those waiting:

http://www.tivo.com/priority_20.4.7
post #1517 of 1519 Unread Today, 02:32 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1286 Post(s)
Liked: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
One Pass screwed up people that used to have multiple Season passes for the same show. They used to be able to have a Season pass for separate channels. And could have new or repeats for each one. With One Pass they can only have one One Pass for a show and the choice is either one channel or all channels. So before they may have had a Season Pass for a show on one channel with repeats and given it a lower priority. And another Season pass for the same show on a different channel a higher priority. With one pass those were combined and given the higher priority. So recrodings of all the repeats could cancel out other shows people wanted.

In my use I only had a few Season Passes that were affected. But those were all low priorties so the change to One Pass didn't cause me any issues. But for some people the change to One Pass really screwed them.

Overall I like the One Pass. Esepecially because it will show the streaming episodes available so you have quick access to them. Plus One Passes can be created for Streaming Only shows too which is also very convenient for me.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1518 of 1519 Unread Today, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^
Got it. Thanks.

- kelson h

post #1519 of 1519 Unread Today, 04:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 49
My one pass for Community now has season 6 episode 3 so I guess it's now working for Yahoo Screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page