TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 114Likes

post #1801 of 1805 Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
Liked: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post
Not sure if it's the same thing but for a while now my TiVo shows on my season passes episodes that it didn't record. I don't have paid subscriptions at all, and anyway it lists those "fake" episodes on top and when I click on one of them (by mistake) I am prompted to subscribe to a paid service. I find that money trolling and offputting and it's really pi$$ing me off
Like Joe basically said, if it is doing that it is because you have it set up to do it. You need to change the settings and be mindful of the options on your season passes. I have Amazon Prime enabled and it doesn't look for anything on line unless I want it to.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1805 Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Like Joe basically said, if it is doing that it is because you have it set up to do it. You need to change the settings and be mindful of the options on your season passes. I have Amazon Prime enabled and it doesn't look for anything on line unless I want it to.
We both use Amazon. Is there any difference between the option for Instant Video and Instant Video (Prime)? I can't see any.
post #1803 of 1805 Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
We both use Amazon. Is there any difference between the option for Instant Video and Instant Video (Prime)? I can't see any.
In the service providers box I have only Prime checked. It won't list episodes in a 1-pass that are not Prime. I can search for a pay-for series and it will come up in the search but not in a 1-pass even if I tell it to include rentals.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1804 of 1805 Old Today, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Nope - I didn't set it up to do anything. I've had the TiVo for years, it keeps updating its software. One day those things appeared out of nowhere. Believe me - I tried to turn them off, and wasn't successful. What's particularly pi$$ing me off is when I have episode recorded on the disk but first in the list I am offered the same episode for pay, and I have to scroll down couple pages to find my recording.
post #1805 of 1805 Old Today, 06:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post
Nope - I didn't set it up to do anything. I've had the TiVo for years, it keeps updating its software. One day those things appeared out of nowhere. Believe me - I tried to turn them off, and wasn't successful.
Doesn't sound right. Do you have Premier or Roamio. When is the last time you did a reboot of your TiVo.

When my Roamio's updated their firmware to the 1-pass edition, I found that a number of those services were turned on by default. Once I went into settings/channels/service-providers and turned them all off they were gone and no on-line content ever appeared. I eventually turned on Amazon Prime when we subscribed to Prime and streaming content appeared in my playlist -- but only "free" Prime content and only when I have the 1-Pass set to include on-line content. In order for me to see pay-for content I have to go into settings and check the Amazon Instant Video service (non-Prime, pay-for video). Then they will appear for shows on Amazon that require payment (i.e. Revenge) but again, only if I have the 1-pass set to include streaming content.

- kelson h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr