TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 61 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 140Likes

post #1801 of 1912 Old 07-23-2015, 05:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1590 Post(s)
Liked: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post
Not sure if it's the same thing but for a while now my TiVo shows on my season passes episodes that it didn't record. I don't have paid subscriptions at all, and anyway it lists those "fake" episodes on top and when I click on one of them (by mistake) I am prompted to subscribe to a paid service. I find that money trolling and offputting and it's really pi$$ing me off
Like Joe basically said, if it is doing that it is because you have it set up to do it. You need to change the settings and be mindful of the options on your season passes. I have Amazon Prime enabled and it doesn't look for anything on line unless I want it to.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1802 of 1912 Old 07-23-2015, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Like Joe basically said, if it is doing that it is because you have it set up to do it. You need to change the settings and be mindful of the options on your season passes. I have Amazon Prime enabled and it doesn't look for anything on line unless I want it to.
We both use Amazon. Is there any difference between the option for Instant Video and Instant Video (Prime)? I can't see any.
post #1803 of 1912 Old 07-23-2015, 09:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
We both use Amazon. Is there any difference between the option for Instant Video and Instant Video (Prime)? I can't see any.
In the service providers box I have only Prime checked. It won't list episodes in a 1-pass that are not Prime. I can search for a pay-for series and it will come up in the search but not in a 1-pass even if I tell it to include rentals.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1804 of 1912 Old 07-24-2015, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Nope - I didn't set it up to do anything. I've had the TiVo for years, it keeps updating its software. One day those things appeared out of nowhere. Believe me - I tried to turn them off, and wasn't successful. What's particularly pi$$ing me off is when I have episode recorded on the disk but first in the list I am offered the same episode for pay, and I have to scroll down couple pages to find my recording.
post #1805 of 1912 Old 07-24-2015, 07:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_o_p View Post
Nope - I didn't set it up to do anything. I've had the TiVo for years, it keeps updating its software. One day those things appeared out of nowhere. Believe me - I tried to turn them off, and wasn't successful.
Doesn't sound right. Do you have Premier or Roamio. When is the last time you did a reboot of your TiVo.

When my Roamio's updated their firmware to the 1-pass edition, I found that a number of those services were turned on by default. Once I went into settings/channels/service-providers and turned them all off they were gone and no on-line content ever appeared. I eventually turned on Amazon Prime when we subscribed to Prime and streaming content appeared in my playlist -- but only "free" Prime content and only when I have the 1-Pass set to include on-line content. In order for me to see pay-for content I have to go into settings and check the Amazon Instant Video service (non-Prime, pay-for video). Then they will appear for shows on Amazon that require payment (i.e. Revenge) but again, only if I have the 1-pass set to include streaming content.

- kelson h

post #1806 of 1912 Old 08-04-2015, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Does anyone know if the moribund TiVo Desktop software runs under Win-10.

- kelson h

post #1807 of 1912 Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Does anyone know if the moribund TiVo Desktop software runs under Win-10.
Reports on TCF indicate it does. Some needed to reinstall it.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=530611
post #1808 of 1912 Old 08-04-2015, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Reports on TCF indicate it does. Some needed to reinstall it.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=530611
Thanks, Joe
I just got my upgrade notice for Win-10 from Win-7.

- kelson h

post #1809 of 1912 Old 08-04-2015, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks, Joe
I just got my upgrade notice for Win-10 from Win-7.
Since Desktop doesn't work for me to transfer files from a PC to either TiVo, I haven't paid much attention. I have blocked the two Windows updates that allow Win 10 to download. I'll get it in the fall, but for now 8.1 is good enough. There sure is a lot of commentary to read through, and the MS marketing people have been busy. I'm waiting the dust to settle.
Jim in Phoenix likes this.
post #1810 of 1912 Old 08-05-2015, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 171
I have a Roamio Plus. I can not get the One Pass to set up to record like Season Pass. It will only allow me to schedule the next airing for recording. I designate the program for season pass, go through the check list, push the "A" button on the TiVo remote and it only sets up the next episode for recording. One check mark on the guide and not listed on the "Manage One Pass".

My current software is 20.5.2 - USA - 6 - 2587. Is that the most current?

UN75HU8550 (TSO1) with a 3500 OCB
post #1811 of 1912 Old 08-05-2015, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphillips View Post
I have a Roamio Plus. I can not get the One Pass to set up to record like Season Pass. It will only allow me to schedule the next airing for recording. I designate the program for season pass, go through the check list, push the "A" button on the TiVo remote and it only sets up the next episode for recording. One check mark on the guide and not listed on the "Manage One Pass".

My current software is 20.5.2 - USA - 6 - 2587. Is that the most current?
It might vary on the box (mine is 20.5.2.-USA-6-846), but what is the program giving you a problem? I never had a problem adapting to the 1P, but the recording defaults can be tricky.
post #1812 of 1912 Old 08-05-2015, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It might vary on the box (mine is 20.5.2.-USA-6-846), but what is the program giving you a problem? I never had a problem adapting to the 1P, but the recording defaults can be tricky.
Tried several programs with the same result. Thanks for your interest.

post #1813 of 1912 Old 08-05-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Tried several programs with the same result. Thanks for your interest.
Just a tip. Be sure to only enable the Video Providers you subscribe to and select recording only if you want to exclude all streaming video. If your 1P says All Channels, you might want to wait a day or two before making the 1P.

One last thing. If you change a 1P episode after you create it, that episode will show only one check mark.

Last edited by JoeKustra; 08-05-2015 at 07:17 PM.
post #1814 of 1912 Old 08-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks JoeK. Managed to get the One Pass working. Not sure what I did but it's working.

post #1815 of 1912 Old 08-08-2015, 08:11 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
My first post on this forum, own a Sony DHG500 and Tivo Roamio Plus. On my Roamio I was recording a lot of programs and both my internal hd and external WD hd were storing all my Cable shows (Copy Protected) and I could not extract them to my computer with Tivo Desktop. I decided to get Hulu Plus and saw that I could stream my shows online with just a few commercials. Well I decided to delete the copy protected cable programs from my Roamio to save space and view them streaming on Hulu with my Tivo Roamio. To my surprise Hulu Plus on my Tivo will not get the shows I deleted from my Tivo using the Hulu App. Maybe I am doing something wrong or missing something. I am on the trial Hulu subscription and 3 of the shows I cant view on my Roamio are Defiance, Dominion, and Killjoys all SYFY shows. Am I missing something? On my Hulu Plus account my Tivo Roamio is showing as Tivo Series 4, so I deleted account thinking that may be the problem and re-registered my Roamio with the reg key from my Tivo, and it still shows Tivo Series 4 and not Roamio Plus. Any help would be appreciated.
post #1816 of 1912 Old 08-08-2015, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks JoeK. Managed to get the One Pass working. Not sure what I did but it's working.
Karma. Or cosmic rays.
post #1817 of 1912 Old 08-09-2015, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy900 View Post
My first post on this forum, own a Sony DHG500 and Tivo Roamio Plus. On my Roamio I was recording a lot of programs and both my internal hd and external WD hd were storing all my Cable shows (Copy Protected) and I could not extract them to my computer with Tivo Desktop. I decided to get Hulu Plus and saw that I could stream my shows online with just a few commercials. Well I decided to delete the copy protected cable programs from my Roamio to save space and view them streaming on Hulu with my Tivo Roamio. To my surprise Hulu Plus on my Tivo will not get the shows I deleted from my Tivo using the Hulu App. Maybe I am doing something wrong or missing something. I am on the trial Hulu subscription and 3 of the shows I cant view on my Roamio are Defiance, Dominion, and Killjoys all SYFY shows. Am I missing something? On my Hulu Plus account my Tivo Roamio is showing as Tivo Series 4, so I deleted account thinking that may be the problem and re-registered my Roamio with the reg key from my Tivo, and it still shows Tivo Series 4 and not Roamio Plus. Any help would be appreciated.
1) You should just Upgrade the internal HDD to a 3TB WD AV/GP HDD - WD30EURX instead of using an external eSATA HDD. It is just replace and reboot, you will loose all your shows and OnePass info and need to re-pair your CableCard, but it will be worth it, in the long run.

2) Hulu does not carry much SyFy channel content, and no current season SyFy content.
Hulu does not carry much current season episodes except for the major broadcast networks.
Cable networks on Hulu (and Amazon Prime) are mostly past season episodes, not current season.

TiVo Bolt, Roamio Pro, Premiere XL4, Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, TiVo Mini
Win7 WMC SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime, Cisco Tuning Adapter Status Troubleshooting
post #1818 of 1912 Old 08-09-2015, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
... I am on the trial Hulu subscription and 3 of the shows I cant view on my Roamio are Defiance, Dominion, and Killjoys all SYFY shows. Am I missing something? On my Hulu Plus account my Tivo Roamio is showing as Tivo Series 4, so I deleted account thinking that may be the problem and re-registered my Roamio with the reg key from my Tivo, and it still shows Tivo Series 4 and not Roamio Plus. Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the Joys of Hulu. Your issue has nothing to do with your Roamio. Hulu has 3 different levels of access. 1. Full access: requires Hulu Plus & access via a computer web browser. 2. Limited free access: Hulu via a computer web browser. 3. Limited Paid access: Hulu Plus via any streaming device (Roamio, Ruko, ect.). You have found shows that can be accessed via a computer web browser but that Hulu can not stream to a TV via a streaming device regardless if you have the Plus (paid) account or not.
post #1819 of 1912 Old 08-09-2015, 05:24 AM

Thank you Bryan and atmusky, I should have known better that one should never assume anything. I will have to be sure programs are streaming on Hulu Plus on my Roamio before I delete.
post #1820 of 1912 Old 08-09-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2698 Post(s)
Liked: 1443
Quote:
Thank you Bryan and atmusky, I should have known better that one should never assume anything. I will have to be sure programs are streaming on Hulu Plus on my Roamio before I delete.
I thought they stopped calling it Hulu plus?
post #1821 of 1912 Old 08-09-2015, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
It would seem that way. http://www.hulu.com/ or not http://hometheaterreview.com/hulu-plus/
post #1822 of 1912 Old 08-10-2015, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
As I was saying i'm new to this forum, and thank you for your correction. However when Tivo updates its software to the latest and greatest, everyone will call the service Hulu and not Hulu Plus including the Tivo. Just saying........
post #1823 of 1912 Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
As I was saying i'm new to this forum, and thank you for your correction. However when Tivo updates its software to the latest and greatest, everyone will call the service Hulu and not Hulu Plus including the Tivo. Just saying........
It's not just you. I had this old Blu-ray with a Hulu app and it was free. One day it changed to a Hulu plus app and was no longer free. Now everything shows just Hulu and nothing is free. Those were the good old days.
post #1824 of 1912 Old 08-11-2015, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hulu- Pay To Watch Commercials and Shows With Chopped Up Video
post #1825 of 1912 Old 08-11-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

For those interested, this was reported in the Roamio OTA thread:
https://www.tivo.com/shop/promo/supersavings

The $300 Roamio OTA + lifetime sale is back -- but probably won't last long.

Oh yeah, forgot -- that $300 deal is good for a "TiVo-renewed" Roamio Basic too (add $100 for a new Basic).

- kelson h

Last edited by Kelson; 08-11-2015 at 11:27 AM.
post #1826 of 1912 Old 08-11-2015, 11:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2698 Post(s)
Liked: 1443
Quote:
For those interested, this was reported in the Roamio OTA thread:
https://www.tivo.com/shop/promo/supersavings

The $300 Roamio OTA + lifetime sale is back -- but probably won't last long.
Or you can get a refurb Roamio Basic with lifetime for $300. Or a new Roamio Basic with lifetime for $400.
If I could convince my GF to dump her S3 boxes I would pick one of these up. These are some great deals.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1827 of 1912 Old 08-21-2015, 11:09 AM

Anyone else on this forum have a season pass recording not record? I was checking out my latest recording of Under The Dome and seem to be missing last weeks episode! Is it possible CBS New York messed up, or could there be a glitch on the TIVO.
post #1828 of 1912 Old 08-21-2015, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Anyone else on this forum have a season pass recording not record? I was checking out my latest recording of Under The Dome and seem to be missing last weeks episode! Is it possible CBS New York messed up, or could there be a glitch on the TIVO.
I don't think it's you. If you do a Search on Under the Dome, select Episodes, there isn't a listing for S3 E10 on 8/20. That's strange, since zap2it and titantv both indicate it was scheduled, and the TiVo guide shows it also.
post #1829 of 1912 Old 08-21-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I don't think it's you. If you do a Search on Under the Dome, select Episodes, there isn't a listing for S3 E10 on 8/20. That's strange, since zap2it and titantv both indicate it was scheduled, and the TiVo guide shows it also.
Yes so in order for me to get caught up I had to view that episode on my Google TV using my 1channel app, which is no longer available on Google Play. However I find it strange that CBS New York would skip that episode when it is available online and needed for continuation purposes....
post #1830 of 1912 Old 08-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Because it was preempted by the Jets game. When WCBS shows a local game during prime time, they move their prime time lineup to their sister station WLNY. Tivo doesnt know that because the guide data doesn't know that because the game could go over or under and because CBS do not alert the guide providers. Last week the game went under and they took us "to the scheduled program" half way through under the dome.

CBS, local and national, as a whole is terrible at football preemption. There are big threads at Tivo Community Forums about it. CBS has had a service for this for years: http://www.cbs.com/eye-lerts/
markrubin likes this.

Cord Cutter | OTA - NYC DMA - 6 TB TiVo Roamio - 3 TiVo Mini's | Plex Pass | Netflix | Hulu+ | Amazon Prime | NBA via Ballstreams, MLB.tv & MLS Live with No Blackouts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page