TiVo Roamio: Records up to 6 shows simultaneously, 3TB storage, streams. - Page 63 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 132Likes

post #1861 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 10:41 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1211 Post(s)
Liked: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
What do you mean by "search bar"?
Do you mean the progress bar that pops up at the bottom when you hit pause or play?
Now that you mention it, what is the code sequence to remove the progress bar quickly? The time it persists ends up blocking content that is subtitled, minor inconvenience as you just have to rewind back a little further, but since there's a way to fix it I figured I would do that. I had it done in the past but lost it somehow and just haven't gotten around to re-implementing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 11:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1208 Post(s)
Liked: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Now that you mention it, what is the code sequence to remove the progress bar quickly? The time it persists ends up blocking content that is subtitled, minor inconvenience as you just have to rewind back a little further, but since there's a way to fix it I figured I would do that. I had it done in the past but lost it somehow and just haven't gotten around to re-implementing it.
Select - Play - Select - Pause - Select

Alternatively:
  • Hitting the "play" key will toggle the progress bar on/off.
  • Not useful when you pause the playback to read something on the screen and the progress bar is blocking it. In that case, just hit the "clear" button (left of "0") to immediately clear away the progress bar, etc. from the display -- OR -- hit the FF button 1-click.

There is always more than 1 way to do just about anything. Can drive you batty.
CruelInventions and RemyM like this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1863 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Select - Play - Select - Pause - Select

Alternatively:
  • Hitting the "play" key will toggle the progress bar on/off.
  • Not useful when you pause the playback to read something on the screen and the progress bar is blocking it. In that case, just hit the "clear" button (left of "0") to immediately clear away the progress bar, etc. from the display -- OR -- hit the FF button 1-click.

There is always more than 1 way to do just about anything. Can drive you batty.
Thanks!
CruelInventions likes this.
post #1864 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
What do you mean by "search bar"?
Do you mean the progress bar that pops up at the bottom when you hit pause or play?
Yes, sorry. Wrong terminology on my part.

post #1865 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 11:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 689
@Kelson

Thanks for all the tips! Is there one spot that has all these things documented? I would be nice to be able to print out a cheat sheet and keep it handy.
post #1866 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
@Kelson

Thanks for all the tips! Is there one spot that has all these things documented? I would be nice to be able to print out a cheat sheet and keep it handy.
This forum is dead compared to the activity on the TiVo Community Forum. It might have a better search ability also. And also, there is TiVo's own support forum. Not so good, but you can get information directly from TiVo. Sometimes it's just a script though.
post #1867 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post
@Kelson

If you google for it I'm sure someone has written an article on it.

I just write them down as I come across them -- then I lose the piece of paper they are written on.
Keenan likes this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #1868 of 1878 Old 08-25-2015, 12:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

^ Exactly what's happened to me, I write them down, put them near the coffee table/remote/TV/whatever and then it disappears!
post #1869 of 1878 Old Yesterday, 05:37 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I don't think it's you. If you do a Search on Under the Dome, select Episodes, there isn't a listing for S3 E10 on 8/20. That's strange, since zap2it and titantv both indicate it was scheduled, and the TiVo guide shows it also.
It seems like I missed an episode of Extant on my Tivo! Season 2 Episode 7 never aired on its schedule air date of 8/12 instead CBS aired episode 8 instead... Hulu shows this episode aired on 8/11.. Did Tivo season pass miss recording Episode 7, and did you get it when Hulu said it aired on 8/11...
post #1870 of 1878 Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy900 View Post
It seems like I missed an episode of Extant on my Tivo! Season 2 Episode 7 never aired on its schedule air date of 8/12 instead CBS aired episode 8 instead... Hulu shows this episode aired on 8/11.. Did Tivo season pass miss recording Episode 7, and did you get it when Hulu said it aired on 8/11...
Here's my problem. I have Prime, so the episodes of programs can be confusing. This can been seen if I look at Search, Extant, Episodes. It doesn't list Ep 7 and nothing for 8/11. All it shows for TV is 9/2 ep 11. If I go to Amazon directly, it shows S2 Ep 7 with a date of 8/12. CBS also indicates 8/12. I only have Prime which seems to be less that 100% for some shows. This my best guess. I did watch the first few episodes on season1, but lost interest.
post #1871 of 1878 Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
If I remember correctly the 8/12 episode of Extant was a 2 hour show, probably episodes 7 and 8 rolled into one. My season pass recorded it.
JoeKustra and RDHolmes like this.
post #1872 of 1878 Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas_Tom View Post
If I remember correctly the 8/12 episode of Extant was a 2 hour show, probably episodes 7 and 8 rolled into one. My season pass recorded it.
Thanks. This shows Ep 6 & 7 on the same date. The final show on 9/9 seems to be a double too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Extant_episodes
post #1873 of 1878 Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas_Tom View Post
Thanks also, must have been my old timers.. The confusing thing is that Hulu (not Hulu Plus yada yada) has episode 7 available through CBS all by itself even though episode 6 has both!... Thanks again.
post #1874 of 1878 Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1888 Post(s)
Liked: 1066
Quote:
I think that was the two episode day. Extant was on for two hours that night. Both of my TiVos with One Passes for Extant recorded them.

EDIT: I think 8/5 was actually the double episode day. Episodes 6 and 7.

I watched the last four episodes of Extant within the past week so I think initially I was mis-remembering.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; Yesterday at 11:29 AM.
post #1875 of 1878 Old Today, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I think that was the two episode day. Extant was on for two hours that night. Both of my TiVos with One Passes for Extant recorded them.

EDIT: I think 8/5 was actually the double episode day. Episodes 6 and 7.

I watched the last four episodes of Extant within the past week so I think initially I was mis-remembering.
Yes I now see the 2 hour Episode on 8/5 Titled "You say you want an Evolution; The Other". It just seems like CBS could have just ran both episodes with separate headers instead of combining both Episodes together.... Now Episode 7 is nonexistent.
post #1876 of 1878 Old Today, 05:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes I now see the 2 hour Episode on 8/5 Titled "You say you want an Evolution; The Other". It just seems like CBS could have just ran both episodes with separate headers instead of combining both Episodes together.... Now Episode 7 is nonexistent.
Episode 7, "The Other", exists, and if reruns are done, it will probably not be combined with episode 6. See my Wiki link above. Perhaps that's why many two hour premiers & finales are combined.
post #1877 of 1878 Old Today, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
Episode 7, "The Other", exists, and if reruns are done, it will probably not be combined with episode 6. See my Wiki link above. Perhaps that's why many two hour premiers & finales are combined.
You are right as usual Joe, since the episode is available by itself on Hulu through CBS the episode exist. However CBS still has Episode 6 online as both 6/7 combined! Really confusing..
post #1878 of 1878 Old Today, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yes I now see the 2 hour Episode on 8/5 Titled "You say you want an Evolution; The Other". It just seems like CBS could have just ran both episodes with separate headers instead of combining both Episodes together....
This happens all the time with many series. They run a mid-season double-episode or a 2hr season finale and list them as an extended episode in the guide but they give it two episode names. They do the double name thing so the season appears to have the requisite number of episodes -- means a lot for syndication revenues. But in the end, the 1-pass catches it and records it properly -- as long as it is reflected in the guide.

- kelson h

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Tivo Roamio Dvr , Tivo Roamio Plus Dvr , Tivo Roamio Pro Dvr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page