AVS Forum banner

Hard reset for HomeWorX HW-150PVR ATSC

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nevillv12 
#1 ·
Dear Forum

Is there a way to reset my HW150, I made a mistake and upload the Iview software, now the remote is useless or is there a way or function in the remote for it to learn the new functions?

Regards

Betoc2

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by betoc2  /t/1491981/hard-reset-for-homeworx-hw-150pvr-atsc#post_23766193

Dear Forum

Is there a way to reset my HW150, I made a mistake and upload the Iview software, now the remote is useless or is there a way or function in the remote for it to learn the new functions?

Regards

Betoc2
You need either get Iview3500 or compatiable(Harmony) Remote to operate stb or you have to send back the Mediasonic to reload firmware.

Iviewus.com just send out new IV3500 Remote to current owner. IV3500 owner have a spare old remote. If you can borrow an old IVIEW 3500 from current owner in your location. Then you can load back HW150 firmware. Check wit IVIEW3500 forum

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent1978  /t/1491981/hard-reset-for-homeworx-hw-150pvr-atsc#post_23782074

I know this a little off topic but could someone tell me how to Record and watch a different channel at the same time on a HomeWork recorder? Thank you.

You can't do that with these devices.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent1978  /t/1491981/hard-reset-for-homeworx-hw-150pvr-atsc#post_23782074

I know this a little off topic but could someone tell me how to Record and watch a different channel at the same time on a HomeWork recorder? Thank you.

HW150 has only one tuner. While you are recording, the only tuner is busy doing recording. The way

you can watch another channel is to use TV tuner,

1. split RF input(Antenna) into two RF, connect one to HW150 and another splided RF to TV and watch another channel in TV

2. connect HW150 RF output to TV RF input. Set Menu->Channel Search->Modulation->Loop through

You can use TV tuner to watch anther channel.