New AVS member and soon to be new Iview 3500 owner. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-20-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello. I stumbled on this forum Googling for cheap OTA DVRs and found the Iview 3500 STB which I ordered and is scheduled for delivery in 2 days. Seems like good bang for the buck. I ordered the newer black remote as well which has already been delivered.
Just looking for a little guidance on initial setup. Any recommended or unrecommended firmware upgrade I should do? Are some better or worse depending on the remote control? (I have the newer black remote Iview calls the STB II even though there is no STB II box.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-21-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Welcome to AVS and good to have another fellow 3500 owner(or soon to be). It's AVSs policy to have master threads for most major things including the 3500. The master thread is here:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465875/iview-3500stb-tuner-dvr-owners-thread
The first few posts contain lots of useful tips and information compiled by the OP(Videobruce) a fellow 3500 owner. If you don't see what you need in the first few posts then you could go to the last page and ask your question there. We try and keep all talk on the 3500 in that thread so it's easier for later people to see everything in one thread instead of having to navigate lots of individual threads.
The 3500 still has it's quirks but with the new remote and firmware it's worlds above what it was when first introduced and considering the price hasn't really changed IMO it's a real good value for the price, no Tivo for sure but you won't find a Tivo for <$100(iView w/USB HDD) and no further fees.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page