Philips HDR5710/5750 DVRs, Antenna/Cable, Streaming, Int/Ext HDDs, 33TB Storage - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #721 of 724 Old 09-18-2015, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I have one of these and a Magnavox DVD Recorder too. I can not seem to find a good channel in the NYC Metro Area that provides a good time signal for these units. Does Anyone Know a Good Channel out of NYC, NY I am in Central NJ on Cablevision. Or what procedure should I follow? The channels I select for time all show the wrong time and the Philips says they may not work properly. Thank You TBoneit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 724 Old 09-18-2015, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBoneit View Post
Hi I have one of these and a Magnavox DVD Recorder too. I can not seem to find a good channel in the NYC Metro Area that provides a good time signal for these units. Does Anyone Know a Good Channel out of NYC, NY I am in Central NJ on Cablevision. Or what procedure should I follow? The channels I select for time all show the wrong time and the Philips says they may not work properly. Thank You TBoneit
Same as my experience while on cable... they did not send time signals through from the stations. For a short time while with one of the five cablecos I had, I did get a great time signal from my local FOX station.

Once I switched to antenna, EVERY channel has a good time signal.
post #723 of 724 Old 09-19-2015, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post
Same as my experience while on cable... they did not send time signals through from the stations. For a short time while with one of the five cablecos I had, I did get a great time signal from my local FOX station.

Once I switched to antenna, EVERY channel has a good time signal.
Hi Wajo I had thought that the NYC area would have good time signals. I wonder how things are going to go with the cable company now that they have been bought. That is disapointing to hear. I guess I will have to use a manual clock and keep an eye on it now that the new TV Season is upon us and of course the few shows I still watch conflict with new shows I want to check out. Thank You for the Answer TBoneit
post #724 of 724 Old 09-19-2015, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 1681
Mentioned on the standard definition Magnavox DVR forum.

http://www.magnavox.com/product/player.php?category[]=21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Philips Hdr5710 F7 Digital Video Recorder Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page