Forum Jump: 
 60Likes

post #751 of 767 Old 11-15-2014, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hmm-parsing the json responses is time consuming and tedious......haha.
Some of the RPC responses seem to be overly verbose messages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 767 Old 11-16-2014, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz3fwd View Post
Hmm-parsing the json responses is time consuming and tedious......haha.
Some of the RPC responses seem to be overly verbose messages.
That's Web 2.0. No byte packing, no offsets and its all strings. Its only tedious if you do it manually. The libraries do all the transformations for you. Now you know why we have "Big Data". lol

With endless memory, cpu cores, and unlimited bandwidth it doesn't matter more.
post #753 of 767 Old 11-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhac View Post
That's Web 2.0. No byte packing, no offsets and its all strings. Its only tedious if you do it manually. The libraries do all the transformations for you. Now you know why we have "Big Data". lol

"Unlimited bandwidth".. Hmmm, does that come with a Tablo? Maybe I'll buy one after all . . .

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #754 of 767 Old 11-16-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post
"Unlimited bandwidth".. Hmmm, does that come with a Tablo? Maybe I'll buy one after all . . .
LOL. No. But bandwidth within your house is.... The video streams are binary. So that will save a few bytes.
post #755 of 767 Old 11-16-2014, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhac View Post

True it does beat byte packed buffer parsing. Anyhow-I need to learn how to use the json boost spirit library [C++ aka a real programming language ] to decode the json response string messages from the device.

I forgot to ask: are ObjectID's unique across all types or only within object types? I assume unique globally across the system? In other words, is it true that the objectID uniquely identifies an object regardless of type or context?

Last edited by qz3fwd; 11-16-2014 at 06:36 PM.
post #756 of 767 Old 11-16-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
True it does beat byte packed buffer parsing. Anyhow-I need to learn how to use the json boost spirit library [C++ aka a real programming language ] to decode the json response string messages from the device.
Check out AutoBahn for C++. It will save you a lot of time as it handles the entire WAMP stack.

Quote:
I forgot to ask: are ObjectID's unique across all types or only within object types? I assume unique globally across the system? In other words, is it true that the objectID uniquely identifies an object regardless of type or context?
Yep. As far I can see the objectID's are unique across the board.
post #757 of 767 Old 11-27-2014, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
If anyone is following this forum, Newegg has the four tuner on sale now for $199.99 with free shipping using promo code VGAPBF324. Must be an email subscriber to use the code so sign up and save big. The two tuner is $169.99 - $20 mail-in rebate - $10 using promo code NAFVC10 and visa checkout = $139.99, also with free shipping.

My best friend is my PAL
post #758 of 767 Old 11-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello I may be new but I just ordered my tablo and that would be really nice if there was a way to watch the live stream with out having to go thru there site. who ever had that working program could you pass me a link to it or just point out a good one to use that does not require the tablo servers. Also I was wondering is there any ways that some one else could feed the tablo the guide data manually?
Thanks in advanced
Tylerhoot
post #759 of 767 Old 12-03-2014, 12:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does Tablo have a DLNA interface?
post #760 of 767 Old 12-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by gireesh View Post
It does play through Plex on most DLNA devices.
post #761 of 767 Old 12-03-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gireesh View Post
In other words: No the device itself does not seem to expose a DLNA interface to clients.

Last edited by qz3fwd; 12-07-2014 at 11:51 PM.
post #762 of 767 Old 12-07-2014, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I received a 20% off coupon through email overnight for a tablo DVR.
post #763 of 767 Old 12-20-2014, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I hope this will show up as a new post. I'm fairly new to Tablo. I've had a 4 receiver model for a few weeks now. One of the minor things that bugs me is that I'll record new episodes of a program each day but when I go into recordings and click on that program, the most recent episode (which has already finished recording) won't be listed. If I close that list with the X and then open it again, the most recent episode will be there. It happens almost every time and I can't understand why. It's as if an index isn't updated until you look at it twice. This is really directed to the rep trom Tablo but I'm happy to hear from anyone else that can shed light on the issue.
post #764 of 767 Old 12-20-2014, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Forgive me if the answer to this is already in this thread (I've only read the posts since last August thus far) but I'm one of those people who will always record more programs that I can find time to watch. Therefore, I will fill up my 2 TB hard drive relatively quickly. I know I can just mothball it and plug in a new 2 TB drive and start over but I'd rather save a few bucks by buying a much larger drive (that never gets hooked to the Tablo) and transferring the shows from my 2 TB drive to the larger drive with the idea of copying certain programs back to the active 2 TB drive when I want to watch them. In other words, I'm looking to store unwatched shows on a drive that costs less per TB and want to know if there will be any issues in erasing my 2 TB drive and copying certain shows back to it in the future. Has anyone done this? I'm thinking the Tablo won't find things indexed right if I do this.
post #765 of 767 Old 12-24-2014, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
@Jimlawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlawrence View Post
Forgive me if the answer to this is already in this thread (I've only read the posts since last August thus far) but I'm one of those people who will always record more programs that I can find time to watch. Therefore, I will fill up my 2 TB hard drive relatively quickly. I know I can just mothball it and plug in a new 2 TB drive and start over but I'd rather save a few bucks by buying a much larger drive (that never gets hooked to the Tablo) and transferring the shows from my 2 TB drive to the larger drive with the idea of copying certain programs back to the active 2 TB drive when I want to watch them. In other words, I'm looking to store unwatched shows on a drive that costs less per TB and want to know if there will be any issues in erasing my 2 TB drive and copying certain shows back to it in the future. Has anyone done this? I'm thinking the Tablo won't find things indexed right if I do this.
The Tablo drive is in some kind of Linux format, I believe. From what I have read, you can copy things off of it to either a Linux computer or a Windows computer with a utility for reading Linux format drives

I would NOT delete anything off of the drive except through the Tablo interface, otherwise I think you are asking for issues, as you already suspect. I'm not sure how it would work to "recopy" something to the Tablo. Something interesting to play around with.

I'm working on a vbscript that will copy and concatenate the recording segments from the Tablo to a Windows computer over the network. I have it working but it's a long ways from finished. Once I get that done I may convert it to a VB compiled executable. It will be a while though. I imagine some cleverer people than me will have something pretty soon for doing what you want.
post #766 of 767 Old Today, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Official Tablo Thread

I just ran across this thread and I am giving this some thought. Is this a pretty good choice today or are other similar products available that pperform as well or better at a comparable price?
post #767 of 767 Old Today, 12:45 PM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Jim.. you asked about an HDMI port in your other thread. The Table doesn't have one.. in fact it has NO connection to the tv. It is a streaming-only device.
Reply HDTV Recorders