where is the clock signal coming from ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-27-2014, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two Sony DHGs hooked up to OTA and QAM cable. Both lock up about once a week, I just pull the plug for a few seconds and they come back to life. However, at first there is no clock showing on the front panel, but after they boot up, a clock (incorrect) does appear. I'm wondering where this signal is coming from. There is no longer any analog signal on my cable line, and TV Guide disappeared at the beginning of 2013.
Every time the lockups occur, the time is set back several hours. I'm not concerned with having the correct time or date (both think it's still 2013), I'm just wondering how they get a clock signal at all. Any explanantions ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-27-2014, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecass View Post

I have two Sony DHGs hooked up to OTA and QAM cable. Both lock up about once a week, I just pull the plug for a few seconds and they come back to life. However, at first there is no clock showing on the front panel, but after they boot up, a clock (incorrect) does appear. I'm wondering where this signal is coming from. There is no longer any analog signal on my cable line, and TV Guide disappeared at the beginning of 2013.
Every time the lockups occur, the time is set back several hours. I'm not concerned with having the correct time or date (both think it's still 2013), I'm just wondering how they get a clock signal at all. Any explanantions ?

Depends on the cable system. Cox sends their time data along with the IPG data packets.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-31-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecass View Post

Set your zipcode to 00000. Ask questions in the Sony DHG thread. People still visit there.

BTW, they DON'T get a clock signal. You have what's inside the unit.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-31-2014, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry, I thought I was posting in the Sony DHG thread. Excuse me ! Your reply didn't answer the question though, and I'm not setting the zip code to 0000, but thanks anyway.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page