Multiple DXC3200-M's in basement, how do I change channels independently? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-06-2014, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm trying to do some planning for hosting March Madness in my basement. I have 4 DCX3200-M boxes hooked up to 4 different tv's in my basement. Unfortunately, right now when I use a remote to change the channel, it changes it on all of the boxes. Is there any way for me to set the boxes up so that I can control each one independently?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 314
Probably not. Best advice I can offer is to walk up to each one point-blank and change that way. Might need to cup your hand around the end of the remote so the other boxes don't "see" it. Of course, once you have each one set to each of the different MM channels, you can just leave it.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-14-2014, 12:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 484
You need a remote and base with addressable IR. There are several options including Harmony, Xantech, Next Generation and URC. Otherwise, you'll just have to spread the boxes out and angle them away from each other as much as you can.

If you would consider dumping cable, both DirecTV and Dish have addressable boxes. If want to keep cable, you can simply replace all your boxes with a cable card tuner in Windows Media Center and run 3 extenders all set to unique addresses. I don't know if Tivo has addressable boxes or not, but that's another option. At least with the Windows Media Center option, you save a lot of money in the long run since there are no DVR or box fees, but the upfront cost for all the equipment is a little steep ($100-$200 for a tuner, and $100 for each of your 3 other extenders).
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page