Problem with Cox Contour/Record 6/Cisco 9865HDC Playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-16-2014, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Since I've upgraded to this system 6 weeks ago, I've had intermittent problems with playback, both live and recorded past shows. When I attempt to playback a previously recorded show, a message to the effect that the program is not available "at this time" with suggestions to try again later or call Cox support with error code 2.1.2.7. Most of the time, trying later just gets the same result; on one occasion, a day after getting the original error message, the show played back normally. On at least one occasion, the error message occurred midway in an hour recording. Several tries to replay the show yielded the same error message at the same point. On live recording, intermittently I can't reverse or fast forward - it either doesn't move or jumps to the end or beginning of the recording. Problems occur on both host and client box. Rebooting host DVR solves the problems temporarily though not for previously recorded shows.

So far five calls to tech support and four visits from "technicians" - no consensus as to what the problem is or more importantly the solution. So far the host DVR has been switched once, both jacks and cables from jacks to boxes have been replaced; per tech support "signals are good" and outside connections have been checked by all four techs. Currently I'm awaiting a call from "IT" regarding the possibility of a software problem.

Would appreciate any thoughts as to nature of problem and possible fixes.

Thanks,

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-23-2014, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Really, no one in this august group has a thought??!!??
post #3 of 4 Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sorry for the necro-post, I just put this up over on the Cox forums. Thought someone over here might have an idea...

About 10% + of the programs that I record either won't play, or won't play all the way through. There are several scenarios:

1. Select a recorded program to play back and all I get is a grey screen. Stop/restart. FF/RW. no effect.

2. Select a recorded program to play back and I get a message that says something like "Cannot playback this recording right now. Please try again later." I try several times over several days, nothing.

3. Start to watch a program, and part way it just freezes. Sometimes I can FF and miss a chunk, but it continues playing later in the episode. Sometimes, no matter what I do it is just stuck.

4. I have received error code 2.1.2.7 several times, with an 866 number to call.

Are these symptoms familiar to anyone?
post #4 of 4 Old 08-18-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legasat View Post
Sorry for the necro-post, I just put this up over on the Cox forums. Thought someone over here might have an idea...

About 10% + of the programs that I record either won't play, or won't play all the way through. There are several scenarios:

1. Select a recorded program to play back and all I get is a grey screen. Stop/restart. FF/RW. no effect.

2. Select a recorded program to play back and I get a message that says something like "Cannot playback this recording right now. Please try again later." I try several times over several days, nothing.

3. Start to watch a program, and part way it just freezes. Sometimes I can FF and miss a chunk, but it continues playing later in the episode. Sometimes, no matter what I do it is just stuck.

4. I have received error code 2.1.2.7 several times, with an 866 number to call.

Are these symptoms familiar to anyone?

Just a guess: Whole Home DVR setup, right? Poor WHDVR installation, most likely.
Reply HDTV Recorders

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page