8300HD starts and stops - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-09-2014, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
8300HD starts and stops

I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR, my subscriber is Cox, Phoenix. I understand it has to turn on maybe once in the middle of the night get updates. But this thing clicks, then you hear the hard drive wind up. then shuts off. It does this couple of times, then stops for awhile. I called Cox, and they say it's normal. It's in my bedroom so it's a real pain at night. I was suppose to have a plain digital cable box in my living room, but instead they gave me another 8300HD unit. Although the DVR portion is not subscribed. But it does not wind up and down. Are there any hidden back doors to the units functions that I can access and maybe turn that part off? Or do I just take it back to a Cox office and demand another one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-09-2014, 10:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRoe View Post
I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR, my subscriber is Cox, Phoenix. I understand it has to turn on maybe once in the middle of the night get updates. But this thing clicks, then you hear the hard drive wind up. then shuts off. It does this couple of times, then stops for awhile. I called Cox, and they say it's normal. It's in my bedroom so it's a real pain at night. I was suppose to have a plain digital cable box in my living room, but instead they gave me another 8300HD unit. Although the DVR portion is not subscribed. But it does not wind up and down. Are there any hidden back doors to the units functions that I can access and maybe turn that part off? Or do I just take it back to a Cox office and demand another one?
If you're running Passport (quite likely), there is a menu function (under power management?) to turn the HDD off when the DVR is switched off.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-10-2014, 03:13 AM - Thread Starter

It is off, and does shut off when the unit is off, it re-starts and stops, like it's checking something
post #4 of 4 Old 11-10-2014, 03:14 AM - Thread Starter

It is off, but every once and awhile, it starts and stops, like it' checking something.
Reply HDTV Recorders
Gear in this thread - 8300HD by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page