Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
HDTV Recorders With HDMI Port

I have been a DISH Network customer for a number of years now. Now that good content is available, both over the air, Netflix, etc., I am giving some more thought to getting an HDTV recorder so that my wife can record her soap opera each day. I already have a suitable over the air antenna. Anyway, what are some of my better choices available today? I gather from what I have read so far, that the electronic programming guide can vary quite a bit from unit to unit. What about the ATSC tuner sensitivity and selectivity? How do I know that I am getting a unit with a very good tuner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 01:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348 View Post
I already have a suitable over the air antenna. Anyway, what are some of my better choices available today?
If you really mean better then the choice is TiVo ($550).

If you don't like the price of TiVo and are willing to settle for mid-range functionality with some bugs for a mid-range price, then there is the DVR+ (~$310).

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 3 Old Today, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 450
As you should know from your post in the iView thread, the iView/Homeworx is available on the low end of the spectrum. Other models, such as the DTVPal, PHD-VRX, and TViX also exist but are no longer supported (or manufactured in some cases), so you'd likely have to get them on eBay. DVRs don't have HDMI inputs, though; the antenna cable serves as your input, since DVRs have their own tuners.
Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page