Continuous Playback of Motorola DCH3616 Programs63 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-12-2015, 10:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Continuous Playback of Motorola DCH3616 Programs63

A couple of days the Comcast service guy or gal will arrive at my home to troubleshoot and repair or replace either or both my Comcast Motorola DCH3616 and standard Comcast "XFinity Custom DVR 3 Device (the remote, which seems to be the remote. What's happened is that, coincidentally, about the time a replacement remote was picked up by me about a week ago from the local Comcast store, the volume (gain) control on my remote for my Panasonic HD display (about 6-7 years old) required a boost from the normal range of volume which has since the beginning of my display always fallen between 18 and 22 on the scale projected on the display. Possibly important fact: the volume is controlled soley by the Panny remote and has never been coded into either the old or recently acquired Comcast remote. My conversation with Panasonic tech support was about as useful as usual, but my own conclusion is that it is more likely that there may be something gone askew with either the new Comcast remote or the gain component of the DCH3616 itself, and I reach this conclusion because the Panasonic remote brings in the "proper" (18-22 range) volume when I'm outputing either my Panny bluRay player or my EH55 DVDR. So the volume issue only occurs on a cable broadcast (all of them) or seemingly on playback of Motorola DVDR recordings made in the last week or so, or, on recordings I've made with the EH55 during that same period; therefore, I'm guessing that this older Motorola DVDR is the maverick with something amiss in the works.

I'm not really trying to fully analyze or solve the Comcast DVDR/remote problem in this forum and really don't expect answers to the problem itself. It's the dubbing project described below which seems a bit of a challenge to short-cut in any useful way.

Now, after all this opening explanation, here's what's going to happen when the Comcast service tech arrives: the remote and/or the box will simply be fixed on-site or the tech will replace either or both as part of ther service call.

Here's the most immediate problem. I've got about 20-25 hours of stuff I want to keep residing on the Motorola hard drive, and I've started to dub it to the EH55 (there's a DVDR output to the EH55 which I use for simultaneous recording or now for dubbing to the EH55. Finally, my question. This dubbing can be a pretty laborious process. I'm wondering if there's any continous playback output available from the DCH3616 that would enable me to simply set up the DCH3616's program content to record one program after another without my manually having to intercede to set up each program separately (I realize I can go to "My Recordings" each time, and I expect to edit later to put these recordings on DVD-R from the EH55, but it would be nice to be able to record, say, 7 or 8 programs in a continuous string without all the individual starts and stops.
If they replace the box, I will miss the S-Video output on the Motorola, but I can live with that, I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Thread moved.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2015, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I naively looked for help (often generously given here), but didn't really expect the nature of the non-answer posted above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Tags
Comcast , dubbing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page