WMC7 Guide Thinks It is downloading constantly - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-09-2015, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
WMC7 Guide Thinks It is downloading constantly

I have been using a laptop dedicated to running Windows Media Center and connected to my TV via HDMI for the last two years without any problem. The week of the daylight savings time change I changed the security on the laptop from Microsoft Security Essentials to 360 Total Security. After that week I noticed that the guide was not updating and when I try to manually update the guide via "Get Latest Guide Listings" I get the response "Downloading the latest Guide listings. You will be notified when the download is complete.". After days of this I ran mcupdate.exe and the guide was populated with nine days of data so the internet connection works, but after this the response "Downloading the latest Guide listings. You will be notified when the download is complete." is still there. I suspect a indicator or switch is set in some file making WMC believe that a guide download is in progress. Does anyone know where or how I can reset this indicator?

I have removed 360 Total Security and gone back to Microsoft Security Essentials.

I have also stopped and restarted WMC in ControlPanel/Programs and Features but the "Downloading the latest Guide listings. You will be notified when the download is complete." is still there even though I had to reset recording directories and other defaults after stopping & restarting WMC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-09-2015, 06:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 277
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2015, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
What happens if/when you manually download the guide data?
When I try to manually download the guide via the WMC menu all I get is the response "Downloading the latest Guide listings. You will be notified when the download is complete."
To get a manual guide update I have to run mcupdate.exe myself.
I am getting automatic guide updates now since I ran mcupdate.exe but still unable to manually update the guide via the WMC menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Recorders

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page